WWE Bad Blood, Sunday 6th October 2024, 9am AEDT

Remove this Banner Ad

The Rock ain’t a baby face, to me he was doing the 1-2-3 as in Roman losing to Cody and the throat slit as in a mafia / mob type of way where by him losing he’s done.

Pretty clear they’ve always wanted to do the Rock Roman match at Mania and last year finally gave them the story to start the platform for it. New bloodline has been the Rocks all along and gradually you’ll get Jey Heyman and I even reckon Sami back with Roman.

The Owens then gives Cody an opponent at Survivor Series.

I reckon Punk moves on to Gunther now and puts Gunther over at SS.

I think it's fun that we watched the same thing and had completely different takes from it.

I think Trips is increasingly becoming a narcissist in how how positions himself on the show, but I can't argue with the booking. No one is lamenting the PPV, instead people are saying it was good and discussing storyline - it's what wrestling is meant to be.

I'm assuming the Crown Jewel Title is an award like when Braun Strowman won the Greatest Royal Rumble Title?
"Levesque said this will become the annual theme of Crown Jewel with the top champions of the men’s and women’s divisions facing off to determine that year’s Crown Jewel champs."
----------------------
throwing it out there, what if Stratton cashes in MITB here? she can "claim" she wasn't cashing in on Nia specifically, but can end up winning her title.

Gunther vs Goldberg at Royal Rumble as Goldberg retirement match is a good idea. Goldberg deserves the retirement match he was promised . It’s a good feud too

Yeet won’t join the storyline. The Rock ain’t wrestling at Survivor Series and Tama and Tanga Loa can’t wrestle well enough to be in a main event . It will move towards Sikoa/Fatu vs Reigns/Jey with Rock interfering and costing Reigns the match

The Rock ain’t a baby face, to me he was doing the 1-2-3 as in Roman losing to Cody and the throat slit as in a mafia / mob type of way where by him losing he’s done.

Pretty clear they’ve always wanted to do the Rock Roman match at Mania and last year finally gave them the story to start the platform for it. New bloodline has been the Rocks all along and gradually you’ll get Jey Heyman and I even reckon Sami back with Roman.

The Owens then gives Cody an opponent at Survivor Series.

I reckon Punk moves on to Gunther now and puts Gunther over at SS.

I think he will team with Roman and Cody at survivor series war games and turn on them showing he has been pulling Solo's strings all along. Might attack Cody after what people think is a match saving comeback the way Ole did his dad in 80 (no doubt Hunter would love to get that in). Sets up Cody v Rock (Rock said he will be back for a shot for the title) then Roman v Rock when Reigns foils it.

I think he will team with Roman and Cody at survivor series war games and turn on them showing he has been pulling Solo's strings all along. Might attack Cody after what people think is a match saving comeback the way Ole did his dad in 80 (no doubt Hunter would love to get that in). Sets up Cody v Rock (Rock said he will be back for a shot for the title) then Roman v Rock when Reigns foils it.
granted they gave a serviceable explanation for Cody teaming with Reigns at Bad Blood, but Cody teaming with the Rock is really a kayfabe stretch to me.

"Levesque said this will become the annual theme of Crown Jewel with the top champions of the men’s and women’s divisions facing off to determine that year’s Crown Jewel champs."
----------------------
throwing it out there, what if Stratton cashes in MITB here? she can "claim" she wasn't cashing in on Nia specifically, but can end up winning her title.
What happens when the title holders drop their title(s) during the year? This Crown Jewel title is just ‘relinquished’ as it’s only ever competed for by the two that hold the main titles?

Just seems remarkably meaningless and will be lucky to mean anything after the first year.

Yeah in my interpretation, I think it was pretty clear that The Rock was back and was pissed, a sort of ‘WTF is happening here’.

I honestly didn’t think we’d see Rock this early. So it’s exciting to see what comes of all this. And to think of all the cool possibilities.

at a guess I think we’ll get -
Roman v Solo or Fatu at Crown Jewel.
4 on 4 Blood war at Survivor Series.
Roman v Solo or Fatu at SNME.
Royal Rumble match.
Rock v Roman v Cody at WrestleMania.

All in all. A fantastic event. I don’t mind the 5 match cards. Plenty of room to breathe. Plenty of room to tell stories the right way. It also allows the go home shows and Raw after shows to be pretty stacked, and I think we’ll see more of this considering what the networks/streaming services pay.

They have done a colossal job of making the non big 4 PLE’s come off as big time events. There was nothing B-Grade about that presentation. I think it’s a formula that works. Stadiums for the Big 4, International shows for the remaining shows except for 1-2 in a major wrestling market in the States.

What happens when the title holders drop their title(s) during the year? This Crown Jewel title is just ‘relinquished’ as it’s only ever competed for by the two that hold the main titles?

Just seems remarkably meaningless and will be lucky to mean anything after the first year.

I think it’s obviously just a way for the Saudis to believe they are getting something for their truck tons of money they are tipping in. I doubt we’ll see the victor carrying the title around past a week or two afterwards.

There’s a lot of long term storytelling going on at the moment too, so it’s likely also just a moment to take a side step from that and have a chance to draw those stories out further, or to bigger events.

it's an annual award, it's not a title to be defended. It's like winning King/Queen of the Ring to a degree.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That was a great ple what an end.

When "if you smell what the rock is cooking" hit I marked out hard lols

Seems like Rock was done with Roman,Jimmy,Cody

Wonder if Cody join the blood line with Roman and Jimmy and they go against the Rock at WM
there's only 1 honorary Uce allowed...

Remove this Banner Ad

WWE Bad Blood, Sunday 6th October 2024, 9am AEDT

Remove this Banner Ad

Back