WWE Bash in Berlin, Sunday 1st September 2024, 3am AEST (Countdown show at 1am)

Remove this Banner Ad

GUNTHER (c) vs Randy Orton (World Heavyweight Championship)
Cody Rhodes (c) vs Kevin Owens (WWE Championship)
Damien Priest & Rhea Ripley vs Dominik Mysterio & Liv Morgan
CM Punk vs Drew McIntyre (Strap Match)
Alba Fyre & Isla Dawn (c) vs Bianca Belair & Jade Cargill (Women's Tag Team Championship)

Getting really sick of these 5 match cards. Throw in ads and entrances and be lucky to get an hr of actually wrestling.

Quality over quantity. Don’t mind these smaller cards with time for the matches rather than trying to stuff everyone onto the card in multi person tags or battle royals etc.

Thought the KO Cody match was the weakest of the show and the ending was meh. I really just dont like Cody being on Smackdown it’s essentially bloodline or nothing opponent wise for him. In fact I think they just need to ditch the brand split, I am sure they are smart enough to book the shows accordingly so you don’t have the same talent appearing on both shows weekly but it just opens up more doors of more suitable opponents for the bigger matches.

Drew v Seth was match of the show for mine, and Punks post interview suggests he’s going after Gunther next which they did tease in the background a few weeks ago.

Getting really sick of these 5 match cards. Throw in ads and entrances and be lucky to get an hr of actually wrestling.
Nah I like it alot personally, especially for international shows. Much prefeer this then 16 man tag matches and the like .

Liv not getting enough love for her role/performances. I think she is one of the best sellers in the company, as well as actors. It was a top tier match overall that one.

All matches were good except Cody/Owens which I feel just had a very lame storyline which killed the match vibe.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apparently I was the only one who got irrationally angry at the ending of the strap match?

That's not how you win a strap match, especially as a babyface. It's a rubbish stipulation to begin with, but the rules are pretty basic, you have to touch them all continuously. You don't get to stop between turnbuckles and hit more finishers.

Absolutely ruined a good match and a great feud for me, it might be the most enraging thing I've seen in wrestling since... well, last week. (AEW put a really critical part of the Toni Storm storyline on socials, I don't think it even made it to tv.)

Fantastic opener for the Smackdown World Title, Don't like Owens not going in for the kill though, felt a bit stupid not doing a chopblock.

Women's tag instant skip.

I liked the Eddie/JBL hit the 4 corners match back in the day, and this one was great as well. I believe if the opponent lands a strike it cancels the lights out, so Punk hitting finishers keeps his own on.

Mixed tag was solid, good energy in the crowd.

Ok main event.

Apparently I was the only one who got irrationally angry at the ending of the strap match?

That's not how you win a strap match, especially as a babyface. It's a rubbish stipulation to begin with, but the rules are pretty basic, you have to touch them all continuously. You don't get to stop between turnbuckles and hit more finishers.

Absolutely ruined a good match and a great feud for me, it might be the most enraging thing I've seen in wrestling since... well, last week. (AEW put a really critical part of the Toni Storm storyline on socials, I don't think it even made it to tv.)
Think your wrong , it’s if the opponent gets a strike in it stops.

Didn’t like the opener. I hate that they make Owens into a pussy just to protect Cody.

I think Owens is done as a upper card wrestler after that performance
I agree with your point about Owens being weak, but if you take out the bad storyline part of the match, the match itself was very good.

Remove this Banner Ad

WWE Bash in Berlin, Sunday 1st September 2024, 3am AEST (Countdown show at 1am)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back