WWE TV, Rumours and Discussion (On FOX8, Kayo and Binge)

Remove this Banner Ad

Solid Raw but not as good as some of the more recent ones.

I’ll be glad when this Sami and Bron feud is over something just isn’t clicking for me with it. Bron to win at SS and I’ve got the feeling we might see Sheamus get the grand slam at Rumble or Mania.

They’ve done well to keep the Judgement Day story going along plenty of teases that can lead you to believe Finn will end up getting Rhea and Priest kicked out of Judgement Day.

Big fan of how Kross has been portrayed and honestly for me this is the most I’ve looked forward to watching anything with the New Day in it in over 5 years. It’s refreshing to see a mid card story get the time this has.

Some might say they’ve stretched out the Wyatt’s but I think it’s done perfect, I think everyone was waiting for another attack like the debut but that was pretty hard to top so I like they’ve come out of the blocks and shown them as who they are so early.

Jey Uso needs to get back with Jimmy. It’s a no yeet for me with him.

Liv had me like
vmawnz-vmawniez.gif

Dom has set it up beautifully to turn on Rhea. If there was still indecision on his behalf going into SS it wouldn't be as exciting. Making it sound like he's done with Liv and he hates her will make Rhea more enraged when the attack happens. Liv and Dom clearly in it together that segment perfectly done.

Drew with some of the best heel work still (apparently deleted it, captioned with "it's a real photo, cry us a river") Still love Punk but it's bloody good stuff. 😂

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I went to the WWE house show in Tokyo tonight. WWE style matches aren't for me.

Pretty far from the independent/Japanese style, and house shows especially aren't known for going all out. Surely wasn't a surprise?

Pretty far from the independent/Japanese style, and house shows especially aren't known for going all out. Surely wasn't a surprise?

Would probably also add, I don't think this is a bad thing either. While the WWE style is pretty sterile, and wish the PLE/PPV matches had a stronger emphasis on being a bit more fast paced, I recognise that pro wrestlers are still athletes and not every single match has to be a brutal war or 5 star classic. It isn't sustainable for them if they want to live healthy lives post retirement.

WWE have gotten better producing far less snoozefests as far as event shows go (been some really good matches this year and a few good Raw main events) but surprised that an independent/Japanese wrestling fan would go in thinking a house show was going to be anything less than an ultra safe match (haven't seen any of them naturally but assume that's what they were).

It's not the all out thing that is an issue since a good 80% of Japanese matches are coasting 6 man tags. It's more how absent the matches feel, like going for a pin after every move, no nearfalls (even if they are a variety of flash pins), in tags people just standing around and not trying to stop saves etc. It's like the match is missing a middle in the structure

Would probably also add, I don't think this is a bad thing either. While the WWE style is pretty sterile, and wish the PLE/PPV matches had a stronger emphasis on being a bit more fast paced, I recognise that pro wrestlers are still athletes and not every single match has to be a brutal war or 5 star classic. It isn't sustainable for them if they want to live healthy lives post retirement.

WWE have gotten better producing far less snoozefests as far as event shows go (been some really good matches this year and a few good Raw main events) but surprised that an independent/Japanese wrestling fan would go in thinking a house show was going to be anything less than an ultra safe match (haven't seen any of them naturally but assume that's what they were).
Trust me. You want to see ultra safe. Go to any Japanese show before the semi and main, they just know how to fill in the blanks better in Japan with more character. Everyone thinks the Japanese style is some hard crazy thing, but unless it is a big show people vaguely even touch each other. Go watch Kento Miyahara. He doesn't even touch the other person even in his big matches.

Remove this Banner Ad

WWE TV, Rumours and Discussion (On FOX8, Kayo and Binge)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back