WWE TV, Rumours and Discussion (On Kayo and Binge) - On Netflix in 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Wasn’t there roughly 70,000 people there?
I mean you had 70,000 in 2018.

I can see it being something like Bad Blood or if it's in November we may get War Games, unlikely but still.

There was 70k at the event in 2018, but it was reported that ticket sales weren't doing well. I do wonder how many of those seats were filled due to discounted tickets, and if there were free tickets given away.

Kind of a different story as well given that prices are much higher these days.

$1500 was decent for ringside tickets back then. Pretty sure I saw them going for 3-5k at the last Perth event which is concerning. If they are going to do a Super Showdown type of event, I don't see them getting nearly close enough of the attendance that they'd get from an Elim Chamber show.

I think if they did Survivor Series War Games here, they'd probably get a decent amount.

I don’t think there is any sort of exclusitivity clause.

Articles state that they are just “negotiating”. So may not even happen in the end even though it may well.

Perhaps other states just don’t have interest in it? I wonder if Victoria are disappointed with SuperShowdown years ago that they would not be doing this again? I wouldn’t blame them if so. Brisbane already have AEW so that probably would rule them out as an option as well.

If they are doing another Optus Stadium show, I expect a much lower attendance than the last. Won’t have the Elimination Chamber premium hype either as there is no major type of PLE around that time.
The negotiation is more of a when and what as opposed to a if

There was 70k at the event in 2018, but it was reported that ticket sales weren't doing well. I do wonder how many of those seats were filled due to discounted tickets, and if there were free tickets given away.

Kind of a different story as well given that prices are much higher these days.

$1500 was decent for ringside tickets back then. Pretty sure I saw them going for 3-5k at the last Perth event which is concerning. If they are going to do a Super Showdown type of event, I don't see them getting nearly close enough of the attendance that they'd get from an Elim Chamber show.

I think if they did Survivor Series War Games here, they'd probably get a decent amount.

I think 70k at a southern hemisphere event would be deemed a massive success either way you look at it or spin it. I’m sure with site fees and the gate it would likely have be a commercial success as well.

I can’t recall discounted tickets at the time, but I’m sure there were plenty of give aways as there are with all major events.

As for the show being any good. I remember being good, certainly not great. Was great to see one of HHH’s and Takers last matches though, and seeing guys like Cena & the Shield perform was fantastic considering the likelihood of seeing that again too.

As someone who went to elimination chambers and lives in Perth I’d likely go. Thing that makes it not a sure thing is if triple h keeps only going 5 match cards Id likely pass. We had Two good chamber matches and that’s about it.
Sick of not many matches per ple.

Attending an event, especially an international one with the huge ticket prices, I could certainly agree with that.

But as a television product, going to 5 match cards has been one of the better moves they have made. Much more time for the matches themselves, plenty of time to breathe and soak in what has occurred, and much better storytelling.

Almost seems as if getting a PLE spot is such a well earned privilege for a performer instead of jamming everyone on in heatless matches. The go home and after shows have benefited enormously too

Van Vliet would have to be tall himself.

Right?
He's about average or slightly above. Somewhere around 5'10-5'11

The sheer size of Kross' head in comparison to CVV's is crazy

Here he is next to Edge:
1729473059380.jpeg

I'm actually happy its in Perth again. Good excuse to get away for a few days with mates. Had a ball at Elimination Chamber this year and there's still parts of Perth we would like to check out.

Hopefully if it is Bad Blood we get a good Hell in a Cell match. Would've loved to have a Money in the Bank here.

Remove this Banner Ad

WWE TV, Rumours and Discussion (On Kayo and Binge) - On Netflix in 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Back