WWE WrestleMania 39 - Sunday 2nd & Monday 3rd April 2023 10am AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Weirds me out that you would need to yell out spots during a WrestleMania match too Two matches of the night has none of that since they knew the matches back to front already.

Id think that was the norm myself but it clearly isn’t

Dominik Mysterio with the best entrance of the night too which is weird. Was expecting something way more upper class for Rhea and Charlotte who got vanilla entrances

I want a symphony orchestra for Gunther tomorrow!

Today was only a warm up for the greatest professional wrestling match of all time, where farmer Brock will fall victim to the greatest man to ever do it, the Nigerian Giant, leader of the Omosapiens and Omosexuals alike, OMOS!!!

Today was only a warm up for the greatest professional wrestling match of all time, where farmer Brock will fall victim to the greatest man to ever do it, the Nigerian Giant, leader of the Omosapiens and Omosexuals alike, OMOS!!!

Raises a good point. Surely Brock can’t win this match. If he wins the media will go ape at WWE for racist programming.

Feels like Omos could win in a squash match when you think about it

Raises a good point. Surely Brock can’t win this match. If he wins the media will go ape at WWE for racist programming.

I know Brock likes money but I don’t think there’s any world in where Brock would accept that scenario.

Why is it racist for someone to lose?

Sent from my motorola edge 30 pro using Tapatalk

that was good fun. Most matches were quite good. Loved the fatal 4-way and womens title match.

thought overall best was the Mysterios. I know Dom probably should have won, but he has been such a good heel that I wanted him to lose and for Rey to have one last magic moment at Mania. That is good storytelling. Lived up to the build-up, which the Rhea/Charlotte match lacked.

Theory vs Cena was meh, but I liked that Theory went over.
The tag team showcase match was actually really good.
KSI getting splashed in the mascot thing was funny.
Womens 6 person tag was meh, anything with Damage Control just seems crap to me.
Rey vs Dominic was good, liked Eddies music playing, Dom is really growing as a heel, and in ring.
I'm not a Charlotte fan at all, but Rhea vs Charlotte was fantastic, glad Rhea got the win. Main Event worthy match.
Pat vs Miz, throw that in the bin.
Owens/Zayn vs Usos, passable match at best, glad the Usos finally dropped the tag titles, but feels bitter sweet that Sami isn't in the world title match.

Overall a great night 1, feels like this show, along with the nxt show, that the handbreak in terms of the in ring stuff was not on which I liked.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Want the Bloodline to implode now epically of Roman loses will make great story telling g
If Roman loses, he will 100% blame Jey and Jimmy (maybe Solo too) - basically anyone but him. To me the story is still leading to Jey vs Roman, where it'll all finally come to an end.

they are talking very loudly its almost cena levels for spot calling

I remember in the late 90s and even 00s where as technology improved - more pro wrestling secrets were revealed. Not just camera angles giving away certain tricks being used. But additional microphones, while capturing the thuds, crashes and bashes... also pick up the audible calls during matches and additional instructions. The first instance I can recall is Ken Shanrock telling Ryan Shamrock to slap him.

I’ve tried to keep off the forum and avoid wrestling twitter for the most part the last few weeks so I could just take it all in as a fan and not have people tell me what’s good and not good. Just enjoy it all for what it is.

Thought WM night 1 was fantastic and a home run. The visuals, stage, big time feel is absolutely unmatched.

Was a bit torn over which match should have main evented night 1, in they end they probably made the right call based on the strength of the story and the emotion at the end. But honestly, is it even really a main event? It just feels like an intermission to me and whatever way you spin it, the main event and poster is tomorrows finale.

Despite a brilliant night, I was disappointed with the McAfee segment. Last year it worked because he had endeared himself to WWE fans with his passion and work over the 12 months prior. This year he came in cold, almost after turning his back on it all for better opportunities. At the end of day he is a commentator and not a gigantic star that most would expect for a WrestleMania moment.

Match of the night was the women’s match for me. Think they had a point to prove not going on last. I disagree with a lot of opinions about Charlotte, I think she’s the ultimate pro and a class above the majority of female talents. Ripley is just a star and I was so pumped an Aussie got her moment. Her character, look and appeal is super strong.

Rey/Dom was fantastic and everything it needed to be.

Cena/Theory was far from a classic but I just enjoy seeing Cena now for whatever amount of time he has left. Good call having Theory win, he’s a star.

Logan Paul is an athlete freak, hope he sticks around and even appears more. Match felt too good to be wedged in where it was. Would love to see Seth step back into the main event now.

Men’s tag match far exceeded expectations and women’s probably below expectations without being terrible.

Remove this Banner Ad

WWE WrestleMania 39 - Sunday 2nd & Monday 3rd April 2023 10am AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Back