WWE WrestleMania 40 (XL) Night 2 - Monday 8th April 2024 9am AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

He's become the most over guy in wrestling. The perfect babyface to end one of the greatest title reigns.

Sure that may be the case. Although it’s been done before both face and heel wise, and still no one has received that type of recognition. So that is not the reason why. How quickly everyone forgets.

Describes your posts perfectly. Don’t like it, piss off then.
Where have I been ignorant or idiotic you clown? You're carry on when Cody was put back into the main event was ridiculous. Saying things like Hunter needs to be dumped from creative despite him completely turning the company back around. Have a think for a change and get over your stupid Cody hating. It's what made sense and a lot of people wanted to see.

The best part about Cody Rhodes is the potential opponents he could face.

Randy Orton
Seth Rollins
Gunther
Cm Punk
The Rock
Bobby Lashley
etc etc.

Big problem with your post is that only 2 of those are heels. Guess we will see how the draft changes things. People were complaining about Cody vs Seth being the WM main event as it has been done so many times before. How it is any different now?

Everyone's entitled to opinion - let's just cool the jets and be respectful peeps.

I am not hostile unless someone comes at me like a certain cat seems to do all the time. It is pathetic.

What has he done to deserve it? Seriously question. Only been back for two years, after leaving WWE, creating him own company and mocking HHH.

Then you have people like Drew and Rollins who gets little to no recognition like that.
A case of a family legacy overall needing that title and not just Cody himself. All 3 of the Rhodes guys put so much into WWE and to never hold the main title between the 3 of them didnt make much sense.

Since he came back he has been the face of the business. His match with a torn pec for example was simply another level. He made slight changes since his AEW days to become fresher and better.

Its also a culminaton of more then 2 years of work. Its a lifetime. Fact is at AEW he was shafted and didnt get the top spot he had earnt because of politics. In WWE he got that spot and he got it at the company he needed to do it in. Rhodes family is WWE, not AEW when its all said and done and today just justifies that

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Insane that in 2018, I saw Cody Rhodes come to the Adelaide 36ers Arena for New Japan to wrestle Rocky Romero.

Fast forward 6 years, he's won the WWE title in the main event of WrestleMania.

Big problem with your post is that only 2 of those are heels. Guess we will see how the draft changes things. People were complaining about Cody vs Seth being the WM main event as it has been done so many times before. How it is any different now?

I am not hostile unless someone comes at me like a certain cat seems to do all the time. It is pathetic.
Fighting champions are meant for faces to face other faces. Cody will stil fight Seth again down the line as the story needs that ending

Sure that may be the case. Although it’s been done before both face and heel wise, and still no one has received that type of recognition. How quickly everyone forgets.
"All the good guys celebrating with the heroic good guy" is a classic wrestling trope. Sting, Luger, RVD and ONS, Zayn in NXT...

Also it's not every day that a legendary title reign finishes. Completely justified ending IMO.

Tuning into my first press conference ever. I'm assuming these are all also fake given the first question is from "Odyssey Sports" which when googled returned nothing.

How is that a problem? In the WWE, faces turn heel all the time and Rhodes can clearly work another program with another face. It's not uncommon.

Imo Roman appears on RAW or Smackdown and then Rock turns on him, writing him off until he's ready to come back. I assume the Rumble where Rock costs him the match which sets up their WM41 match.

What happens to the bloodline in the meantime I have no idea.

As Cole said " who the hell cares".

EPIC MAIN EVENT

We all knew what to expect with the run-ins, but that Taker swerve was sensational!
Reigns with the chair-shot revenge to Seth costing him the title. Simply amazing writing there. /chef's kiss

Drew/Punk/Priest and JD.
Cody new face champ the WWE needed.
Gunther's epic reign ended but soon to be in the main event scene. So damn good.
Rhea and Logan retained, both correct choices.
Damage Control story finished with Bayley finally getting her well deserved WM moment.
Tag titles split finally, R-Truth also gets a well deserved WM moment.
Brother Love appearing in the Main Event in 2024 LMAO

Wasn't really any epic Hitman/Austin or Taker/HBK classic matches, that would be the only thing missing but I don't mind.

Such a huge refresh, and with the draft coming soon, WWE is really in a great place.

Simply the BEST WRESTLEMANIA IN YEARS. Well done WWE.

Remove this Banner Ad

WWE WrestleMania 40 (XL) Night 2 - Monday 8th April 2024 9am AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Back