News Xavier Duursma departs for Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

Subbing Duursma over Boak is peak Hinkley. Boak goes onto squib a 50/50 ball and miss a gimme. Duursma converted his great mark earlier in the game and gets rewarded with what? Having to watch a 35 year old shot to bits Boak amble around with sore ribs.

I hope these young players don’t make their decision to walk whilst Stinkley is still around.

Last edited:
Outside of the mark/goal, Duursma did nothing of any note. For a player of such alleged running prowess, he sure knows how to be nowhere near the ball for long periods of time

Outside of the mark/goal, Duursma did nothing of any note. For a player of such alleged running prowess, he sure knows how to be nowhere near the ball for long periods of time
Hes in the same boat as Lachie Jones as a player. Nobody really knows why he is picked or what he could possibly add to the team.

1.5 inside 50s per game on the wing. No goal assists so far. 50/50 handball kick split.

Yea he seems to have really regressed. He looked a natural winger and seemed to have the work ethic. Any ideas as to why he hasn’t come on?

Yea he seems to have really regressed. He looked a natural winger and seemed to have the work ethic. Any ideas as to why he hasn’t come on?

I just don't think he has the footy smarts to be an a-grade wingman...or a-grade anything really. He should have turned into a good centre square midfielder by now with his frame. Instead he's probably the most inconsistent player in our team.

Hinkley
Injury
Started barking up the wrong tree with what kind of physique he was developing for what kind of role he was supposed to play

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not even having his best game this year. Even if he was, that would not be saying a lot sadly.

It’s okay, he’s just going through that mandatory Kennymoon Period where he looks like he recently emigrated to Australia and began playing football last week,

Marshall went through it in 2019. Wines and Powell-Pepper went through it in 2020. Rozee went through it early last year. Georgiades is going through it now.

We are very lucky to have such a star coach at the peak of his powers.

Watched X closely at the game Saturday. Love the way he always makes the ball his priority. Even 100m off the ball never turns his back to the play. When the ball is in his area he just wants that ball. Even when he gets back in defensive 50 he doesn’t bother with the body on body just goes at the ball. And his defensive help was so much better then Kamdyn McIntosh who I watched Friday.

Xavier Duursma’s bow and arrow in AFL23.

1682234550717.png

Xavier Duursma’s bow and arrow in AFL23.

1682234591171.png
... Is that supposed to be Duursma?

The last couple AFL games had a seriously good create a player system, better than many to all big budget titles. If they aren't face scanning, I am ****ing certain someone can make a better Duursma than that!

... Is that supposed to be Duursma?

The last couple AFL games had a seriously good create a player system, better than many to all big budget titles. If they aren't face scanning, I am ******* certain someone can make a better Duursma than that!

I reckon its pretty accurate

So frustrating as Xavier has real potential but unfortunately he also has more than his share of injuries. After four and a bit seasons Xavier should be on the verge of 100 games but sadly he has only been able to play 64.

X has been a tad hot and cold this year but injuries do not allow him to develop any consistency.

Port are in one of those frustrating periods when we cannot play a game without copping a serious injury.

Sorry for the intrusion here guys!
I don’t know if I’m alone or have others with similar beliefs but I rate Duursmas potential but I feel like he seems a bit lost. Would a change of scenery help him or is is as simple as a new role at PA?
I personally would love him at Tigerland with McIntosh declining and getting older and Pickett (🚔🚨, who knows how long before we get him back, if ever).
I feel he would be great on a wing for us.
What is his contract situation? Is it something that would benefit all parties?
What would be a realistic trade if it was to hypothetically happen?

Sorry for the intrusion here guys!
I don’t know if I’m alone or have others with similar beliefs but I rate Duursmas potential but I feel like he seems a bit lost. Would a change of scenery help him or is is as simple as a new role at PA?
I personally would love him at Tigerland with McIntosh declining and getting older and Pickett (🚔🚨, who knows how long before we get him back, if ever).
I feel he would be great on a wing for us.
What is his contract situation? Is it something that would benefit all parties?
What would be a realistic trade if it was to hypothetically happen?
Just keeps getting resonably serious injuries. His form was good before getting injured, and he's our best genuine wingman. Not for sale

Remove this Banner Ad

News Xavier Duursma departs for Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

Back