Xavier Ellis officially signed

Remove this Banner Ad

With Kerr retiring we have 4 spots.

Pick 6, Yeo, Ellis and hopefully pick 24.
No we don't . With Kerr that is 6 outs.
Ellis, yeo + rookie upgrades means we have one live pick. Would be a joke. Delist/trade two more guys and have have 3 picks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

F**k me have we overreacted to this (and to much else this trade period). Does it really require it's own thread?

The guy is a very talented, classy player. He's versatile, skillful, big bodied, free and on very little coin (I presume). Better than the vast majority of our list when fit. Obviously his ability to get on the park is the primary issue, but considering Simpson would know his case better than most, I'm willing to trust his judgement. And considering the amount of crap on our list, it is very much a risk worth taking. Would rather him than another Hams, Razzle, Hutch, etc.

Low risk, high reward.

Freo sign Danyle Pearce or Colin Sylvia: "Why aren't West Coast chasing these free agents? Typical soft conservative boys club, sack everyone"

West Coast sign Xavier Ellis: "Why are West Coast signing this free agent? Sack everyone!"

Ellis, yeo + rookie upgrades means we have one live pick. Would be a joke. Delist/trade two more guys and have have 3 picks.
Agreed - there is no way that we are going to not use our first three picks. That means two more guys are outta here. Wasn't a great idea to upgrade all three rookies IMO.

I'd support delisting two more, then using 40 and 41.

(I'm assuming we get Yeo + 41 for 24).

F**k me have we overreacted to this (and to much else this trade period). Does it really require it's own thread?

The guy is a very talented, classy player. He's versatile, skillful, big bodied, free and on very little coin (I presume). Better than the vast majority of our list when fit. Obviously his ability to get on the park is the primary issue, but considering Simpson would know his case better than most, I'm willing to trust his judgement. And considering the amount of crap on our list, it is very much a risk worth taking. Would rather him than another Hams, Razzle, Hutch, etc.

Low risk, high reward.

Well judging from this thread, I don't think we have overreacted to this. A couple of pages in and only one person is negative on the pick up and he hasn't even listed a reason.

I think the majority of West Coast supporters will see this as a good low risk high reward pick up.

Well judging from this thread, I don't think we have overreacted to this. A couple of pages in and only one person is negative on the pick up and he hasn't even listed a reason.

I think the majority of West Coast supporters will see this as a good low risk high reward pick up.
Um Kerr retires broken and busted and we replace with another broken and busted player ffs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Xavier Ellis officially signed

Remove this Banner Ad

Back