XBX Xbox Series X/S - Articles, accessories and everything else

Remove this Banner Ad

Rather than the handheld being cheaper I'm reading into it that the handheld will be priced around current console prices and the specs by the time it is out to be comparative to what a RoG Ally or Steamdeck is today. That is unless it is just a reference design and then the prices will wildly vary. They're already posturing that their console is going to be a "big leap" and the most powerful then that's going to be priced for enthusiasts. The handheld will target a different audience as well as being different enough that it could entice more PS owners to double up.

The telling things are Xbox development is shifting to the Surface division, they're in ARM discussions and they've talked about emulating x86. This all smells like a standalone handheld.

Quick (most likely stupid) question for the guru's in here.

My son just got a gaming PC and I have a Series X with Gamepass Ultimate. Can he use the same Gamepass subscription on his PC to play the library of games or do I need to grab another subscription (which I wont bother with)?

Quick (most likely stupid) question for the guru's in here.

My son just got a gaming PC and I have a Series X with Gamepass Ultimate. Can he use the same Gamepass subscription on his PC to play the library of games or do I need to grab another subscription (which I wont bother with)?
the ultimate includes pc you just need to sign into the gamepass app on the pc

the thing to remember is its a single log in for both meaning you can only play one of them at a time

ie if you son is playing a gamepass game on the PC you wont be able to play a gamepass game on xbox at the same time

the ultimate includes pc you just need to sign into the gamepass app on the pc

the thing to remember is its a single log in for both meaning you can only play one of them at a time

ie if you son is playing a gamepass game on the PC you wont be able to play a gamepass game on xbox at the same time

Cheers mate, most appreciated!!

I mean it’s really no surprise tbh, everything is going up in the world, I’ll keep it as I’m playing a fair few games via gamepass and do enjoy the day 1 releases it offers, but hopefully this is the last price hike in a good while.
Same, playing more gamepass games than normal lately, some good releases coming for Xbox and PC as well. More likely to dial back on new release purchases and wait for price drops or second hand to compensate however

Not unexpected but is that the second price increase in the last 12 months? I might be thinking of something else but I thought it wasn't that long ago that it already had an increase.

I'm still a little in front as I downgraded from Ultimate to PC as there is absolutely no reason for me to own an Xbox anymore since there is parity between the platforms now.

I cancelled my Game Pass subscription. Just don't have the time to make it worthwhile and was just using it to play FIFA here and there.

There are games (both Indy and reasonably big time titles) that I've played and otherwise wouldn't have purchased on my own via the service (cricket 22 and now 24, gotham Knights).

There are a few that I've downloaded, played AND purchased once they've left the service (eg: Alien Fireteam Elite).

I haven't purchased a retail disc in ages talking back in the Xbox One days). A lot of my digital purchases are a mix of strategic (wait until they're dirt cheap digitally) or done on a whim (recently purchased Top Spin 2K23 at near full price because I felt like playing tennis).

I do like Gane Pass as it has introduced me to many games I wouldn't have tried on my own.

I haven't paid a full price subscription in years either. I've told the story before but a lot of my yearly GOLD subs (back in the 00s) were thanks to cheap bargains. EG David Jones were clearing out old Xbox headsets (as in the og Xbox) that also included a 12 month subscription. I purchased more of them afterward.

Dick Smith had a few gaming clearouts over the years (years before their final final closing down clearout). Sometimes I got the 1500/3000 cards for $10, sometimes I got 12 month GOLD cards for $20 (beats paying $79).

I never officially did the 3 YEARS for $1 trick. But have topped up at a semi discounted rate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah but you somehow manage to cram in more than 24 hours of gaming in a single day, Game Pass is perfect for you! :p

I shot up to 600 gamerscore in the first 3 days of July, currently on 1800. Nearest person on my friends list has 285, I should win this month.

Gotta love 2 year old games that have fresh updates that include more achievements that I already completed in previous runs. Which as a result unlock just by going to the press start screen :p

90% of the reason I've had Game Pass the last 12 months is for Cities Skylines 2 so it has cost me more to sub than to just buy it lol. It has been good to try games I would have otherwise not have but I've nearly played them all so that's another consideration. It was also my fault for devaluing it too because in the last 12 months I bought Starfield on Steam.

That’s it for me. I had already sold the Series X but continued to stay subbed to use it on PC and 360.

It’s just a joke price for what has become a service to play old games or just completely average ones. They don’t have a great Xbox One backlog to support it like Sony does with the great PS4/cross gen games on offer on their service, and the games they put out now still aren’t good enough so far.

It's definitely the first time I've had to consider cancelling or downgrading the subscription. I won't for the moment but it is a watch.

I've also cut right back on purchasing new releases over the past couple of years already, the excitement just isn't there anymore with rare exceptions and in general I just enjoy older type games more as they seem to give me more escapism. Modern Call of Duty games for example are algorithm driven trash that suck the fun out of you.

XBX Xbox Series X/S - Articles, accessories and everything else

Remove this Banner Ad

Back