Multiplat Yakuza games

Remove this Banner Ad

Looks like they're still going with the Kiryu went to prison for 10 years backstory but when I look at this particular Kiryu I think he must have gone to prison at 8 😆

I think you just spoilt RGG’s next Yakuza prequel game.

Sorry but how is this Concord crap still spreading? Moriarty is not a reliable source and not a single other verification of the figure is out there.

There is literally no way it was budgeted 400 million. That is quite literally unheard of outside of games with unrelenting, pervasive marketing. That game had barely a whimper of a marketing campaign at that.

Off topic, but I hate dubious misinformation. As you said yourself, it makes no sense...

Edit: just realised I hadn't check the thread in a while and you posted this a week ago, probably when the reactionaries were carrying on. My bad

To be fair his source didn’t say budgeted $400 million rather spent it. He’s done a couple of shows since where he’s gone through the logic of how it could be close and it’s sound. That being said even if he’s off by 100 million it’s still wild it cost that much.

Anyway what I came in here to say was it might just be me but I’m not enjoying infinite wealth and near as much as the first one.

Feels like every second quest is a mini game and the sub stories are listening to someone’s sob story, beating up a few bad guys and then hearing the end of their sob story.

Something off about it.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

To be fair his source didn’t say budgeted $400 million rather spent it. He’s done a couple of shows since where he’s gone through the logic of how it could be close and it’s sound. That being said even if he’s off by 100 million it’s still wild it cost that much.

Care to share?

Unless he is being insanely disingenuous on how he is calculating the figure, I do not believe it could possibly be sound. The purported finances simply do not meet the reality of game funding.

There’s a fair bit to it, but basically the original publisher (probably monsters) raised something like 220 million in capital which is apparently the most in video game history. They don’t have any other projects so likely most of the money went into concord.

When Sony picked it up, they had only developed the bones of the game, so were essentially starting from scratch and had to dump more money into it.

Bad looking characters aside you can see the work that went into making those cut scenes look so good, doing that weekly couldn’t have been cheap to develop.

He goes through it on sacred symbols podcast from a couple of weeks ago, worth a listen if interested.

Either way, terrible move by Sony.

There’s a fair bit to it, but basically the original publisher (probably monsters) raised something like 220 million in capital which is apparently the most in video game history. They don’t have any other projects so likely most of the money went into concord.

When Sony picked it up, they had only developed the bones of the game, so were essentially starting from scratch and had to dump more money into it.

Bad looking characters aside you can see the work that went into making those cut scenes look so good, doing that weekly couldn’t have been cheap to develop.

He goes through it on sacred symbols podcast from a couple of weeks ago, worth a listen if interested.

Either way, terrible move by Sony.

That very first line is just absurd - I know the team had experienced devs but there is not a chance in hell they raised that level of funding for a new IP and an unproven collection of devs.

That very first line is just absurd - I know the team had experienced devs but there is not a chance in hell they raised that level of funding for a new IP and an unproven collection of devs.

Right, so seed capital to commence the studio... Tying that to Concord is simply disingenuous.

I do realise we are going way off topic in any case - I'm currently back in Japan and enjoying the healing properties of the cuisine a little too much. Should probably stick to the Staminan X and less to the pork bentos... 😅

“For quite some time, I wanted to make a game called Like a Dragon: Tuna, where Kazuma Kiryu, as a tuna fisherman, sets off to sea to fight against fishing boats.” Long story short, it never came to fruition, but keywords like “ship,” “sea,” and “fighting,” which had since then been engraved in my head, evolved into the concept of pirates.”

1728435223271.gif

“For quite some time, I wanted to make a game called Like a Dragon: Tuna, where Kazuma Kiryu, as a tuna fisherman, sets off to sea to fight against fishing boats.” Long story short, it never came to fruition, but keywords like “ship,” “sea,” and “fighting,” which had since then been engraved in my head, evolved into the concept of pirates.”

View attachment 2135972

The way we're going, we're gonna get Yakuza in space pretty soon

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Multiplat Yakuza games

Remove this Banner Ad

Back