Yarra Valley-Mountain District FL Discussion Forum 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also think HE is more appropriate, Didnt hear any other Woori person mouthing off. On another note. Do the Division 2 premiers get brought straight into Division 1 or are they given a choice?

I think you must come up, unless you can prove pretty strongly that it would do more harm than good. I'd be confidant that Yarra Glen would want to come up, I'm unsure about Yarra Junctions position.

Cheers mate. I only ask as I was told that Yarra Junction were considering not going up to Division 1 or something along those lines if they were to win.

Div 2 premiers must nominate to go to Div1, if you don't want to go up you don't have to.
Thanks for that. Have noticed a few teams in the past haven't gone up.

What does everyone think, should it be compulsury for div. 2 premiers & div. 1 wooden spooners to be promoted/relegated?

Thanks for that. Have noticed a few teams in the past haven't gone up.

What does everyone think, should it be compulsury for div. 2 premiers & div. 1 wooden spooners to be promoted/relegated?

I agree with Tim, I am sure it changed a couple of years ago and the 2nd Div Premier must come up unless there is a very good reason not to - it cannot just be that they do not want to.

I agree with Tim, I am sure it changed a couple of years ago and the 2nd Div Premier must come up unless there is a very good reason not to - it cannot just be that they do not want to.

Not much point in forcing a club to come up if the club is not ready.There are a lot more costs involved with players etc,as you need to recruit more players.Not knocking the players in Div 2 but we get back to the higher standard in div 1.You need better footballers to be competitive.Not much fun coming up,getting flogged and going straight back to Divvy 2.lt does more harm to a club and the league than good.lt can take some time to recover from this.Obviously some clubs are more better prepared for the transition than others.l cant speak for these clubs though.Good luck to them as most footballers l know want to play the highest standard they can.:thumbsu::thumbsu:

Not much point in forcing a club to come up if the club is not ready.There are a lot more costs involved with players etc,as you need to recruit more players.Not knocking the players in Div 2 but we get back to the higher standard in div 1.You need better footballers to be competitive.Not much fun coming up,getting flogged and going straight back to Divvy 2.lt does more harm to a club and the league than good.lt can take some time to recover from this.Obviously some clubs are more better prepared for the transition than others.l cant speak for these clubs though.Good luck to them as most footballers l know want to play the highest standard they can.:thumbsu::thumbsu:

Equally not sure it is good to leave a team that has finished bottom of 1st Division in 1st Division - happened a couple of years ago to Olinda - who then promptly finished bottom again, they went back to 2nd Division rebuilt , came back up and played finals this year. Alex went the opposite way, came up and straight back down, and finished bottom I think in 2nd Division.

EFL and Ammo's have an automatic promotion and relegation system, at least our system allows a club to put a case to the Board if they are going to have major problems and it will be considered, I think it would have to be a compelling case though.

FYI...The Yea Rec Reserve is currently being used by the Red Cross as a relief centre for flood affected locals after the caravan park was evacuated. In general...Its a bit wet down this way!!

Use Silvan's ground, l know its small but went past yesterday & its perfect.
Or what about Yea, how's there ground?

How's Alex's ground? Apparently it was in fair nick for the final the other week, I know the two times I caught games there this year it was fantastic

Valley Vision could almost be called Man in White vision. Plenty of air time with 5 frees in wooris 50 metre arc in the last quarter...:D:D:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just a short message to WAZZA. Back on the 3rd of July in the record you took a ill informed swing at Warburton Millgrove Football Club in regard to our conduct and discipline on the field. This is something we take at the club to be very serious and found your referance to us to be very offensive and pisspoor. Once again the tripe you write has been shown to be utter bulls#$t! Warburton Millgrove won the the Best Conducted Club award Monday night. This award which by the way is voted on by the umpires shows how far off the mark you are. WAZZA perhaps you should just pack it in you ill informed know nothing jackass.

Whilst on Yarra Glen, if anyone thinks they're gunna get near them I'd be very very suprised. Obviously they didn't feel they put four quarters together last week & Yea managed to pinch the 3rd of them of them yesty & hung tough in two other 10 minute bursts - but when they were all up & going they looked awesome & extremely well drilled for district footy :thumbsu:

Posted this back in April, obvioulsy I'm still backing Yarra Glen although they obvioulsy haven't had it entirely all their own way as I first thought they would.

Valley Vision could almost be called Man in White vision. Plenty of air time with 5 frees in wooris 50 metre arc in the last quarter...:D:D:D
Who paid the frees.From what l witnessed the big bloke in the goalsquare in a black and yellow jumper was doing most of the umpiring in the last qtr.Unbelievable.:D:D:D

Just a short message to WAZZA. Back on the 3rd of July you took a massive swing at Warburton Football Club in regard to our conduct and discipline on the field something we take at the club to be very serious. Once again the tripe you write has been shown to be utter bulls#$t as Warburton won the the best conducted Club award Monday night. WAZZA perhaps you should just pack it in you ill informed know nothing.

Love the passion Hump and i agree - Warby are one of the best clubs to play against. Always fair and always have a beer afterwards. They are very well run administration from what can been seen on the outside as well. Although a few are baffled how the club that won this award - had an official suspended for a lengthy period (Over 10 weeks i believe) this year for abusing an umpire.

Still hard to argue - Warby were IMO, the best conducted club that we come up against. Congratulations on the award.

Love the passion Hump and i agree - Warby are one of the best clubs to play against. Always fair and always have a beer afterwards. They are very well run administration from what can been seen on the outside as well. Although a few are baffled how the club that won this award - had an official suspended for a lengthy period (Over 10 weeks i believe) this year for abusing an umpire.

Still hard to argue - Warby were IMO, the best conducted club that we come up against. Congratulations on the award.

Yeah it was actually funny he received more weeks for telling an umpire he was emabarrising than a bloke found guilty of biting. :thumbsu:

had a feeling the report from AFLVIC into football in the outer north-east of melbourne was due around now, anybody have an idea on when the findings will be made public?

He's a fairdinkum nuffy Footy Rules, maybe Monniehawk can take him under his wing, give him a good flogging and have him linning up for the Bulkers in 2011:D

Fev to Gembrook 2011 - done deal - he is best mates with Ricky and Gordo Clark. I would be surprised if he hasnt signed already. He will have to play a pocket next to Shippy though.:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back