Yarra Valley-Mountain District FL Discussion Forum 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well burnt out i can tell you 100% it wasnt a crock of tripe. I can also tell you it wasnt monkey who said it. He was talking to his COS at the time. But it was said and it was heard by the brooker boys and it raised many an eyebrow. They spent plenty of time discussing it. It come from the midfield group at the huddle. You work it out..
lol but one person says it was in the coach address, and the coach said it, then someone else says it was someone else while the coach is talking to the assistants hhhmmm I might be on the right track here, chinese whisper , or theres a naughty boy trying to get a bit of talk on here, It may even be that someone heard something not i full ear shot and took it the wrong way. But i can honestly say it is rediculous that you think anyone in that position could say anything like that or even think that woori arnt that stupid

lol but one person says it was in the coach address, and the coach said it, then someone else says it was someone else while the coach is talking to the assistants hhhmmm I might be on the right track here, chinese whisper , or theres a naughty boy trying to get a bit of talk on here, It may even be that someone heard something not i full ear shot and took it the wrong way. But i can honestly say it is rediculous that you think anyone in that position could say anything like that or even think that woori arnt that stupid

Ok, i am not going to argue with you burnt out. I was there. I heard it. Many others did. End of story - no chinese whispers anywhere. It wasnt monkey. I dont need you to accept it happened. WE know it did. See ya's Sunday.

Ok, i am not going to argue with you burnt out. I was there. I heard it. Many others did. End of story - no chinese whispers anywhere. It wasnt monkey. I dont need you to accept it happened. WE know it did. See ya's Sunday.

FYI Red hot, it wasnt a player at all, it was a spectator who was standing near the huddle. so before spreading the rumours get the facts correct.

Go tigers!

Who honestly gives a toss what was said aroun a huddle at a break FFS. Im sure what ever was said will have no effect on the outcome next week.

FYI Red hot, it wasnt a player at all, it was a spectator who was standing near the huddle. so before spreading the rumours get the facts correct.

Go tigers!

Lol. No worries Cheeno. Should be a good game on the weekend. Lets hope the weather holds off and the ground can recover this week. Was very muddy yesterday. May the best team win and the game be played in the right spirit.;)

Agree with Humpa, Gembrook won't be using that as motivation. Its going to take a bit more of an effort and a bit more focus than just thinking about an 'alledged" throw away line. Won't mean squat !

for those of us who love the stats we have 9 of 10 clubs represented on grand final day with mt eve upwey and wandin having 2 netball teams...when was the last time we had 6 differant footy teams on GF day...over to you derby:rolleyes:

Thanks for that, SS! Back in 2007 we had Woori v Silvan, Monbulk v Warburton and Healesville v Upwey. So, the only change in 3 years is the replacement of Silvan seniors with Gembrook seniors and Upwey unders with Olinda unders. Nothing much really changes, does it?

Anyway, lets have a look at:

Gembrook-Cockatoo v Woori Yallock

These two clubs meet on Sunday for the 95th time, with Woori having won 65 to 29 so far. In finals, Woori lead with 9 wins to 7, and in grand finals the score is 1-all. Gembrook won their only division one flag against Woori at Gembrook in 1986, 21.23 to 8.10. Woori topped the ladder in 1987, lost to Gembrook in the second semi by 11 points (sound familiar?), beat Healesville in the preliminary and then knocked off Gembrook in the grand final (at Gembrook), 14.20 to 6.8.

Woori Yallock have won 32 of their last 36 home matches, from 2007 to 2010. Gembrook did win on the Woori Yallock ground in 2004 when they defeated South Belgrave in the division two grand final by 56 points, but leaving that game aside, Gembrook have lost their last 14 matches at the ground (including 13 to Woori). Gembrook last beat Woori Yallock on their own ground on 23 June 1990 - 9.10 to 2.12. Overall, Woori have won 30 and lost 7 against Gembrook at Woori Yallock.

Finally, the four meetings of the two grand finalists this year show a (possibly!) unique symmetry:
Round 9 - Gembrook v Woori Yallock at Gembrook
Round 18 - Woori Yallock v Gembrook at Woori Yallock
SSF - Woori Yallock v Gembrook at Gembrook
GF - Gembrook v Woori Yallock at Woori Yallock

Lol. No worries Cheeno. Should be a good game on the weekend. Lets hope the weather holds off and the ground can recover this week. Was very muddy yesterday. May the best team win and the game be played in the right spirit.;)

Im sure there will be no doubts in the spirit, woori g/brrok have always got on well with each other.
looking forward to a cracker!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Im sure there will be no doubts in the spirit, woori g/brook have always got on well with each other.
looking forward to a cracker!

Well done to "The Glen" boys today, sounds like they cruised. Congrats to Deano, ripper bloke and fantastic achievement !

The boys were awesome on the weekend!! Well done to all involved. 2s did lose unfortunatly for the 3rd year in a row! Bring on 1st Divy and all the challenges that come.

Derby what are the stats on 2nd div premiers going on to win 1st divy flags in terms of years, and what is the avg time spent before relegation?

GO THUNDER/PIGS!

At the end of the day who really cares or who will remember who wins the reserves or the netball!!!

Exactlty!! Please someone get this genius on the League Board. The sooner we get rid of the reserves the better and while were at it lets get rid of the unders to. The last thing we want is good kids coming through the clubs.

As for the netball, Medevil why werent you around when this decision to get them up and running was made? Your vision for the future of the league and clubs should be greatly sought after.

When can we vote this visionary in? :thumbsu::thumbsu:
For the sake of the leagues survival and in fact all leagues please stand for leagues board Medevil your obviously wasted else were.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Exactlty!! Please someone get this genius on the League Board. The sooner we get rid of the reserves the better and while were at it lets get rid of the unders to. The last thing we want is good kids coming through the clubs.

As for the netball, Medevil why werent you around when this decision to get them up and running was made? Your vision for the future of the league and clubs should be greatly sought after.

When can we vote this visionary in? :thumbsu::thumbsu:
For the sake of the leagues survival and in fact all leagues please stand for leagues board Medevil your obviously wasted else were.:rolleyes::rolleyes:
If your reserves and netballers keep winning and your seniors are on the bottom I am sure the club would view that as a successful season! lol The only people who remember netball and reserve premierships are the ones who played in them no one else so really as I said it's all about winning the seniors the others no one really cares or remember!!

Thanks for that, SS! Back in 2007 we had Woori v Silvan, Monbulk v Warburton and Healesville v Upwey. So, the only change in 3 years is the replacement of Silvan seniors with Gembrook seniors and Upwey unders with Olinda unders. Nothing much really changes, does it?

Anyway, lets have a look at:

Gembrook-Cockatoo v Woori Yallock

These two clubs meet on Sunday for the 95th time, with Woori having won 65 to 29 so far. In finals, Woori lead with 9 wins to 7, and in grand finals the score is 1-all. Gembrook won their only division one flag against Woori at Gembrook in 1986, 21.23 to 8.10. Woori topped the ladder in 1987, lost to Gembrook in the second semi by 11 points (sound familiar?), beat Healesville in the preliminary and then knocked off Gembrook in the grand final (at Gembrook), 14.20 to 6.8.

Woori Yallock have won 32 of their last 36 home matches, from 2007 to 2010. Gembrook did win on the Woori Yallock ground in 2004 when they defeated South Belgrave in the division two grand final by 56 points, but leaving that game aside, Gembrook have lost their last 14 matches at the ground (including 13 to Woori). Gembrook last beat Woori Yallock on their own ground on 23 June 1990 - 9.10 to 2.12. Overall, Woori have won 30 and lost 7 against Gembrook at Woori Yallock.

Finally, the four meetings of the two grand finalists this year show a (possibly!) unique symmetry:
Round 9 - Gembrook v Woori Yallock at Gembrook
Round 18 - Woori Yallock v Gembrook at Woori Yallock
SSF - Woori Yallock v Gembrook at Gembrook
GF - Gembrook v Woori Yallock at Woori Yallock

The non existant home ground advantage will be the deciding factor - Woori at home and in the home rooms - makes it hard for the Brookers - would be a great win if they can do it.

At the end of the day who really cares or who will remember who wins the reserves or the netball!!!

99% of posts on this forum are pretty good, people are entitled to opinions and we respect that. But every so-often, we get a howler.

I've been on this forum I think for about 3 years now, and my congrats go to MeDevil. You've made my Top 3 stupidest posts of all time. Well done !

Anyone you want to acknowledge ?

I would have been extremely happy to see our Reserves and our C Grade netballers make and win Grand Finals. Last Sunday was pretty dissapointing for us. Our club has had a pretty solid year, our kids play off in the 18s this week. We are very excited about it !

Sure we'd love for our Seniors to be playing off, who wouldn't ? We care about all our other teams.

99% of posts on this forum are pretty good, people are entitled to opinions and we respect that. But every so-often, we get a howler.

I've been on this forum I think for about 3 years now, and my congrats go to MeDevil. You've made my Top 3 stupidest posts of all time. Well done !

Anyone you want to acknowledge ?

I would have been extremely happy to see our Reserves and our C Grade netballers make and win Grand Finals. Last Sunday was pretty dissapointing for us. Our club has had a pretty solid year, our kids play off in the 18s this week. We are very excited about it !

Sure we'd love for our Seniors to be playing off, who wouldn't ? We care about all our other teams.
Here, here Timmy, Medevil is a Nuff Nuff:rolleyes:

Here, here Timmy, Medevil is a Nuff Nuff:rolleyes:
Timmy if your reseves or unders win means jack shit, as I said it might mean something to the people who played in it but no one else will care or remember!! And night stalker keep calling me names and I will expose who you are!!!

Timmy if your reseves or unders win means jack shit, as I said it might mean something to the people who played in it but no one else will care or remember!! And night stalker keep calling me names and I will expose who you are!!!

You know the old footy saying "There's no "I" in team," but there certainly is in idiot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back