Yarra Valley Mountain District FL Forum

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
17 wins in a row? I think you may have forgotten last years 2nd semi when Woori won so its only 8 wins in a row. People maybe underestimating Woori who came from 8 goals down to nearly knock the Cats over last round and without one of their best players in Sharp. Finals are a long way off so its not just a matter of Silvan Vs ???. We are a long way off that, there are probably 6 sides fighting out the top 5, just 6 rounds into the season and anything can happen. Out of those 6 sides Silvan has played only 3 of them, Monbulk, Woori and Healesville. Both Monbulk and Woori were in winning positions in the last quarter of those games so the race for this years flag is alot more wide open than some think.

Mt Ev, Big improvers this year surprising haven't won at home yet any particular reason other than the obvious one (not good enough)
Is Ben F still on the Mt Ev radar or has the matter been finally put to bed.

I hope everyone doesn't agree with ALFY and his views on division 2. We moved from a league that didn't care about div 2 teams (in particular struggling or fringe teams) and that league went from being arguably the best metro league in the 90's to a very mediocre league now.
The strength of any league or any team for that matter is judged by its weakest link and everyone needs to repsect and assist even hated clubs if the league is to be successful.
If you continue to dismiss and disrespect others ALFY and think that noone is worthy competition you will eventually be left playing with yourself.
Something I suspect you do quite often.

ALFY;11261484 Goes to show the standard of divy 2 with Sth Belgrave making a move from Divy 2 & getting pumped most weeks in divy 4 EFL yes div 4. :rolleyes:[/quote said:
Theyre probably aiming to get to middle of the table and then recruit a coach who can top up their list with Yarra Valley players so they can have a crack at a premeirship. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Would never play for them, one of the best things that happened was there ground being ripped up and not having to use that sess pool of a change rooms. I suppose no point having good rooms if your own players and supporters wont even hang around after a game.:rolleyes:

It seems a lot of people want to know your identity DH. You have a knack for pissing people off don't you.
Well i'll give everyone one small hint.
#17 is it?
Crap club?
Shambles of a league? :cool:

valley spy, they were getting pumped by the same amount in 2007 before they made the move to the EFL. EFL divi 2 standard really isn't any different to our divi 2. watched chirnside park play last week and our top 4 would take it up to them.. no problem at all!

Alfy and alike are a bit misinformed I think. Sth Belly were in the bottom half of the ladder last year in divvy 2. I watched my nephew at Heatmont v eastern lions last week and I think that sides like Thornton and Alexandra would if not beat them go very close and I think they sit 1 & 2 ??

Be honest who really cares about Div 2!! .

Going by this forum plenty of people enjoy Divvy2. Let's face it there are probably no AFL players posting here so there's always a league and level better than the ones we all follow.

Big danger game for the Boners this week and a couple of big names out won't help.

T/E are 5th on the list of Victorian Club's consecutive wins and I think, please correct me if I'm wrong, that their last loss was Emerald at Emerald.

Go Boners.

valley spy, they were getting pumped by the same amount in 2007 before they made the move to the EFL. EFL divi 2 standard really isn't any different to our divi 2. watched chirnside park play last week and our top 4 would take it up to them.. no problem at all!

Is that a typo?

What I said was sposed to be tongue in cheek coz Chirnside copped some big losses last season and have now become a premeirship contender on the back of recruiting heavily from the Y.V. You would think most EFL people could see that but obviously not.

Thanks in2rested. It is 13 consecutive wins. I was just guessing at Emerald as the last loss the Boners had. They did lose there last year in a pretty ordinary game though.

In case anyone is interested in the consecutive wins list (fingers crossed I don't mozz us) here it is

Bambill (Millewa) 25
Elmore (Heathcote district) 19
Silvan (YVMDFL Div 1 ) 17
Stanhope (Kyabram District) 17
Thornton-Eildon (YVMDFL Div 2 ) 13
Narre Warren (MPNFL-CC) 9.

That's according to the Weekly Times but someone posted on here that Silvan lost the 2nd semi last year. Anyone know for certain?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

space.gif

space.gif
2nd Semi Final: (Ladder Pos 1 v. Winner of Qualifying Final) Silvan 14.12 (96) v Woori Yallock 18.13 (121) Gembrook Football Ground 2:10pm

Thanks in2rested. It is 13 consecutive wins. I was just guessing at Emerald as the last loss the Boners had. They did lose there last year in a pretty ordinary game though.

In case anyone is interested in the consecutive wins list (fingers crossed I don't mozz us) here it is

Bambill (Millewa) 25
Elmore (Heathcote district) 19
Silvan (YVMDFL Div 1 ) 17
Stanhope (Kyabram District) 17
Thornton-Eildon (YVMDFL Div 2 ) 13
Narre Warren (MPNFL-CC) 9.

That's according to the Weekly Times but someone posted on here that Silvan lost the 2nd semi last year. Anyone know for certain?

Hope Rosy you ment that Thornton were ordinary and not the game at Yarra Glen its self as the boys smashed The Boners that day in a gr8 win.

1st south bellgrave are in 4th div and gee what a get comp that is.2nd who cares about silvans rooms get over it( how good are yours)we got piped at the post by the the cats at our home ground.Great game to have seen and thats what 1st div is all about.So stop the bagging you sound like a bunch of wimps who do not like it hard its 1st div if you don,t like it go put a skirt on and play netball

My Predictions for tomorrow:
Mt Evelyn / Woori = Woori but close
Silvan / Olinda = Silvan (Damn it!)
Warby / Monbulk =Monbulk by a land slide
Wandin / Gembrook = Wandin but only just
Upwey / Healsville = Upwey Home ground advantage in the wet

Spot on auskickrules, though not convinced about the Woori/MtEve game and will lean towards the home team. Upwey should take care of the much improved Healesville team. Probably been playing the best footy out of all the challengers at the moment (though Healesville would also be close). Silvan and Monbulk might as well be set in stone and I reckon Wandin must be due for a big win.

Will Clarkey be back from his hamstring? The longer he spends out, the closer Gembrook get to relegation.

Will Clarkey be back from his hamstring? The longer he spends out, the closer Gembrook get to relegation.

No relegation for Gembrook now. A top win at Wandin today. Congratulations to Powelltown 1sts and 2nds too. Their first wins in either grade since 2005.

Congratulations to Chris Neale (President) and all the Powelltown F.C for 2 gr8 wins today! Junction in huge trouble as l hear Longy has gone 2 Wandin....Probly old news!!
Y.G went down 2day to Alex, and they look the side to beat in 2nd Div looking back over the 1st half of the season. Thunder won the 1st qtr but got smashed 7g 2 1 in the 2nd, 3rd qtr was even and the last qtr Y.G won by 2g. Cant remember a closer year in 2nd Div for a long time with a pile up for 3rd thru to 8th on the ladder.

Just got home decided to check the scores. Noticed that the Silvan s%$t I mean Thorton i always get them mixed up came crashing back to earth. Guess it will be a bit quiet here during the week from Pupsta and his merry men.

Just got home decided to check the scores. Noticed that the Silvan s%$t I mean Thorton i always get them mixed up came crashing back to earth. Guess it will be a bit quiet here during the week from Pupsta and his merry men.

You are a tosser mate.
but for everyone else yeh we got smashed mainly in the last quarter by a younger quicker fitter emerald outfit that play there ground very well. we were undermanned but they had a couple out too so no excuses. maybe the loss we needed cos i wasnt happy with our attitude to training and games so far this year.

The bonershave 2 hard games coming up with the lakers this week and belgrave at belgrave where we lost last year so we need to bounce back to prove we are still the best side.

also congrats to powelly they are much improved as we found out the other week when our boys thought it was goin to be easy. i actually picked them in the tipping too.

Longy hasnt played a game thhis year for junction and is not coach so they arent really loosing anythin from their current side.

I'm more Maid Marion, or more accurately Maid Marion’s friend, than the Merry Men but I'll support the Boners win, loss or draw.

Yesterday was a worry from the start and the day panned out as a repeat of the corresponding 2007 game. Emerald plays their ground very well. Very fast straight down the guts. I was told their oldest player was 21 so they have a good future ahead of them and if they play on other grounds as well as they do on their own they will give the finals a real shake up. Congrats to them.

On to the Boners. Pup won't use excuses but the fact is they had a very depleted team. 2 senior players had a run in the seconds first just to make up numbers for the game to go ahead. They were knackered for their own games as a result. I think 6 players in the firsts were playing their second game for the day.

As for the depth in the Boners seconds that in2rested and cakehole refer to well yesterday was a good example of that theory being more a myth than a reality. Several seconds had to play in the 1s and the results speak for themselves. (Edit-I'm not inferring the loss was their fault) Thornton have a very good, even 22 or so players but the depth drops off dramatically when they're not available, and several of them didn't line up yesterday.

Not saying they aren't good players, potentially or in the past, but none of them train or show any commitment to forcing the senior selectors hands.

As Pup said Emerald had their concerns at the selection table too, so I'm not giving excuses, just stating facts from my perspective.

Best wishes to the Emerald player who injured his leg and was taken away in the Ambulance. Hope it's not too serious.

Finally siriv. As someone who doesn't follow Div 1 I'd appreciate an explanation of the similarities you see in Silvan and Thornton/Eildon other than the fact that they have both been very competitive/successful in the last couple of years.

Yeh those players you mentioned are going well but I hear that Gallichio is out for the year and going by kinglakes results they don't go to well without him. Definitely agree that cowan is a good player as well. I seen alexandra against thornton and Heard was ok but N. Oakley didn't have an influence at all. I think another oakley, adam (brothers??) is a very handy player.

Good call on that one - he only kicked 9 goals yesterday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back