Yarran gone for weeks

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Faux tough guy picks the wrong target to harrass behind play and gets freshened up.

Good for footy. Shame Yarran will get weeks.
Faux tough guy?

Gets cleaned up with a ripping punch, bleeds and gets stitched up, continues on with the rest of the game.

If I ever see you do the same, I'll guess your just weak as piss.

If racist comments were made (have only seen one article in which Chapman preemptively front-footed that whisper), fair enough that that should be taken into account, but if the idea is that Yarran should make up a story involving racism to beat the charge, that would be reprehensible (as it was when Syd Jackson accused Lee Adamson in 1970 to beat a charge after the second semi in 1970).
If it works, it works.

684387-1c5349a4-1c2d-11e4-8adb-938012f29f27.jpg

Conca didn't get a single week off for this.

I'll laugh if Yarran gets more then 2 weeks.

What? Conca got 2

Yarran should get a fine or maybe 2 down to 1

Chapman hit Yarran behind play - Yarran stood toe to toe and belted him. 2-3 weeks. down to a fine because Chappy is a cheap sniper.

Well we know who wins that bout

No, we know that one was momentarily floored when an impromptu scrap broke out in the middle of a football game. Proper 'bouts' go for longer than 20 seconds, don't kick off with shoves and jumper punches and aren't stopped when one combatant hits the deck and gets up immediately.

Geez...what's happened to Carlton supporters? Talk about being happy to win the battle and lose the war.

On the video Chapman pushes etc but doesn't throw a punch like Yarran did. Only one guy lost his cool and that was Yarran. Chapman didn't try to throw full on punch because like all the players he knows cameras will pick anything like that up and you get weeks. Players push and shove all the time these days but never actually throw a full punch. Yarran threw a good punch but he also threw it at someone who wasn't expecting a punch because normally a player pulls back from doing that in this day and age.

It was a cheapie for Yarran who lost his cool so he gets the weeks.

On the video, did you see the whole incident? No, They were going at it for about 90 seconds, that was the end result and with 7 umpires on the field not one went near them to sort them out and the hit was the result. If Chapman wasn't expecting he is just plain stupid

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow. Some of the comments here are just plain silly. I'm not saying he should be suspended for months, but a punch was thrown and it connected.

You get fined for wrestling, you get suspended for punching. Yarran will get weeks.

And this talk about Chapman being weak... Seems like everyone in this thread thinks they're a regular Mike Tyson. If you aren't expecting it, it's going to rattle you.
I dunno if you punch someone like Chappy did, and the guys still up and coming at you, reckon you'd be a bit cluey

Chapman said after the game that there's a rumour going around about him having shots at players' skin colour, and more or less speculated that that might've been what started the angst.
Well something must of happened, what the hell was yarron so angry? Don't recall him being known for this kind of reaction?

I don't get the people cheering this on, if you want boxing then watch boxing.

It was clearly outside the rules and also what a player would expect on the field.

Not a dog act and it was provoked, however it was the wrong thing to do. 3-2 is fair, we don't want blokes letting loose on the field.
Of course your dead right. But gees, watching some of chappys snipes over the years, well.... And coming form Yarron, who saw that?

When you see a big tough guy go down from something right in their face, it's just WOW!
And he looked so angry, I'm just not comfortably satisfied there's not more to it.

I would like to see Yarran come out and use racism as the reason for the punch. Say he heard Chapman racially abuse him and that is how he reacted, hold a press conference saying he knows violence is the wrong way to go about dealing with it and acknowledging what he did was wrong but that is the first reaction that came to him when Chapman made fun of his race, draw as much public attention as he can. See how the AFL responds to that.
Um, only if its true though. That's really unfair if Chapman didn't racially abuse him. Something must have happened, sure, and while it gives me great pleasure to see a sniper go down, I don't think that speculation is fair.

My beef, obviously with all my posts I have one! Over the last few years, the cats have got away with some bloody cheap shots behind play, SJ. No.1 and judging by the comments from cats fans here, they agree. Well they probably don't see them as cheap shots but! Win win for me, I hate the cats (he's it burns can you tell? A cats fan at that game in the last 5 min has made hell burn within me forever, sore winner much) and well what can I say about the bombers? Seeing a fairly quiet guy put him on his arse like that, just WOW! As a neutral, well gee that's funny! And since we are not setting the world on fire right now with all our kids, having yarron out in two weeks, well like I said win win win! I'm bad. Yep.

But don't wish the above unless it's true.

Couple of years back a 13 year old kid had her life forever changed, and I still believe she didnt mean it the way it was taken. IM not fond of Chappy, but he doesn't deserve that unless it's true.

Lol...if Chapman wanted to punch Yarran, he would have punched him, not made the standard shove/punch/grab at Yarran's collar. Come off it.
Oh I totally agree, but it's not the geeeelong way to hit someone straight up on the field, they ain't that dumb. One thing I have to grudgingly admire, the cats sure know exactly where the line is, and how far they can push it to get away with shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back