Yarran gone for weeks

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do try to keep up. I never changed my argument. Another poster suggested his clean record would help him. The Pearce Hanley report from last year was brought up as proof he wasn't clean. The other poster had not remembered that report and frankly neither did I. We probably both had an overall impression that Yarran doesn't go in for this sort of thing generally. Then I noted that he got off that report so the point about his clean record helping him still stands .... unless of course there was an actual suspension I also don't recall.

Point is, suggesting he had a clean record was fairly innocuous in the first place and certainly not worthy of quoting with ridicule and highlighting the Hanley report, especially since he got off that one.

If people want to hunt in packs, at least make sure there is some meat on the argument. The immature responses and point scoring detract far too much from the actual discussion.
How could you not bow could you not be aware of your own player's actions on the field? It baffles me.

Oh yes, play the "hunt in packs" card, when I'm the only one...

Anyway, hope Yarran gets off and king hits someone next week.

I thought 3 was about right (with the early plea its pretty much impossible to get 3 weeks unless the matter is referred to the tribunal). But either way if you hit someone in the head in todays football with a intentional punch then you deserve what you get. If the positions were reversed Carlton fans would want the death sentence.

Ballantyne would be furious that Gibbs' charge was thrown out.

Was worse than Ballantyne's.
I thought the same. Both shoulders to head...Balla's was at least more "in play"...Goddard was hit after he had already kicked it.
If I was Freo, i would be asking for a "please explain" from the MRP.

How can you tell Goddard was milking and Taylor was actually hurt?
Both players played on but somehow Ballantyne gets 2 weeks and Gibbs gets off?
Same shit different year, some players are more equal than others.

Gibbs record is clean.

Ballatyne has a bad reputation and Taylor was floored.

You've seen Goddard flop before right?

Now watching the 360 segment on Yarren's punch & Robbo has been arguing for about 5 minutes now that the punch 'just grazed him' & 'his head never moves'. This despite his knowing that Chapman was still having concussion symptoms on Monday. fmd the guy is a moron.

Gibbs record is clean.

So the fact Gibbs has a clear tribunal record means Goddard dived but Taylor didn't?

What bizarre logic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Now watching the 360 segment on Yarren's punch & Robbo has been arguing for about 5 minutes now that the punch 'just grazed him' & 'his head never moves'. This despite his knowing that Chapman was still having concussion symptoms on Monday. fmd the guy is a moron.

I think that maybe Robbo's going on about it like that in a "see guysh! I'm not a one-eyed Essendon supporter at all!" attempt, so that people can't claim that he's biased? Maybe I'm giving him too much credit, but not even the most Carlton obsessed fanatic would pretend that Chapman's head doesn't move.

We've been trying to tell dons fans that for years

Gibbs record is clean.

He got an extra week for his bad record. Made it 3.
He got 2 for the hit.

We have the typical bull shit going on with the tribunal.
It's a ****ing farce

Might think the same watching Chapman jumper punch and elbow his opponent supposedly within the rules.
I think there'd be some level of concern with all of the aggressive behaviour, but there's a clear difference. If it had stopped at the push and shove stuff - yes there was some arm to arm and don't-argue going on, but there was no clenched fist jumper punch - then no one would be talking about it. Let's say these guys were 15 yo players. Yarran copped nothing that would concern his mum. Imagine what you'd think if your 15 yo got home with six stitches on the top of the eye socket? No concern? You hear it came from a left hook. Happy with that? No doubt you'd chastise your boy with 'well if you started the push and shove you clearly deserved the whack'. Sure.

Seriously if you are trying to equate what chapman did to what yarran did you are beyond the reach of logic.

Chapman is no angel but he pulled up on the right side of a report. If he'd thrown the hook and risked a month off (what, $100k worth of what he's paid for) id be filthy with him, rather than focus on what led to it.

The footage shows Chapman pretty clearly moving away from the altercation and Yarran trying to go on with it.

Seems to be a lot of people trying to justify a brain snap by saying there was a lot of jumper punching and elbows. Chapman was trying to play football and Yarran was trying to stop him.

Judging by the live feed the race card may be played.
Or you could keep reading and see the "exceptional circumstances" was Yarran thinking Chap head butted him, but that upon seeing the vision that he misinterpreted it on the day. And that he apologised to Chap and respects him. But let's not let facts get in the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back