Yet another National league

Remove this Banner Ad

NO Broncos because they came in as a result of the NRL which came in as a result of the AFL.
No Swans , Lions , Eagles , Dockers and Crows because they came in as a result of the AFL .
As far as i know PNG and NZ aren't parts of Australia yet .

But you'd have the top ,
2 from WA
2 from SA
3 from Melbourne + Geelong , Ballarat
3 from Sydney + Newcastle , Woolongong
Canbera , Tasmania
2 from Brisbane + GC
Do you know what you are replying to?

You know your geography, but that's about it i'm afraid.

Do you know what you are replying to?

You know your geography, but that's about it i'm afraid.

FRom a historical point of and taking the premise of one code then you can make certain assumptions .
Basically the previaling state leagues would contribute teams to a national competition based loosely on population and this would have predated the AFL , NRL , NRL etc .
Now , the WAFL , SANFL , BRL , NSWRL and VFL were all strong competitions so the their top teams ,whoever they may have been at the time would be up for promotion and relegation . Other places like Canberra , Newcastle and Woollongong would supply a composite team . Tasmania sort of fits half way in between .

make sense ?

most stupid thing ever! Everyone who read this post is now dumber for doing so .. including myself.
cool, i steal lines from ********ty movies as well!

also, how about east fremantle? they have won the wafl premiership 29 times, and been runner up in 28

If Australia had grown up with only aussie rules, i reckon one of two things could've happened:

1. The NSW competition eventually expands to become the AFL, purely because of the pokie money the NSW clubs would've had. The NSWFL would've done to the other state competitions exactly what the NSWRL did to the QRL - poach all it's best players with it's pokie money and weaken it to the point where it effectively becomes a reserve grade competition for the NSW comp. The NSWFL would then "expand" and add Brisbane, Melbourne, Perth and Adelaide teams, effectively killing the rival state comps.

(or)

2. Same as point 1, although the VFL blocks the addition of a Melbourne team into the NSWFL and starts it's own "national" competition, probably incorporating Victoria, Tasmania, South Australia and Western Australia. The NSWFL would have New South Wales, ACT, Queensland, Northern Territory and possibly even a New Zealand team.

I did it because people keep posting "This is what a TRUE national league should look like"

Well this is the ultimate one. and its still dominated by melbourne and sydney

I did it because people keep posting "This is what a TRUE national league should look like"
This is the first I've seen.

Well this is the ultimate one. and its still dominated by melbourne and sydney
Read what magpie_man wrote, he pretty much has it spot on (as far as something like this can be 'spot on'). NSW would just gobble up the other comps.

Remove this Banner Ad

Yet another National league

Remove this Banner Ad

Back