Adelaide
Other Teams
San Antonio, Redbacks
1. -
2. Meesen - Still Developing
3. Massie - Keep for depth
4. Clarke - Saved by Hudson
5. Thompson - Future Captain
6. Watts - Stay Ferg Stay (Should play next year)
7. Van Berlo - Should step up next year
8. Basset - not going anywhere
9. Edwards - Too good to lose
10. -
11. Doughty - Will need to improve next year otherwise out the door.
12. Shirley - Hopes to improve again in 06
13. Hudson - Hopefully overcomes knee injury
14. Skipworth - Will be a depth player next year and could be his last
15. Torney - Will play most games
16. McGregor - Should play all games bar injury
17. Welsh - Hopes to keep form
18. Johncock - Hopefully can help midfield
19. -
20. Maric - Should get a few games next year
21 Knights - Should play 15+ games next year
22. Perrie - Stay Ian!
23. Mcleod - Too gooder player to play against us.
24. Burton - Ditto Mcleod
25. Rutten - Back to back AA!
26. -
27. -
28. Begley - Needs to perform or is out
29. Gibson - Must play more senior football next year
30. Jericho - Needs to perform next year.
31. -
32. Ricciuto - AA captain!
33. Reilly - Needs to step up or will fly home
34. Hart - Could be last year
35. Biglands - Will play first ruck, needs to step up
36. Goodwin - Hopes to maintain 05 form
37. Hentshel - Needs to step up
39. Mattner - Hopefully replicates early 05 form
40. -
44. Bock - Could be AA next year

Rookies

38. Hinge - Upgrade
40. Andrews - Gone
41. Griffin - hold on to
42. Nye - Another season on the rookie list.

Summary

GONE

Smith,Bode, M Stevens, Schuback, S Stevens, Kruger, Ladhams

Need To Step Up Game in 06

Meesen, Massie, Doughty, Skipworth, Begley, Reilly, Jericho

Opinions?

jo172 said:

Meesen, Massie, Doughty, Skipworth, Begley, Reilly

Firstly, I reckon Skippy stepped up as much as he can in 2005. As good as it gets unfortunately.

As far as the three players I've bolded, how many times do we want to say this? It's an annual event.

For all of Doughty's improvement after a poor start he fell back into the same old ways - too much preference for handball, doesn't back himself enough and doesn't really know his role. 2006 will be his seventh year on the list and he's still very much a nowhere man. Has to be surpassed by Boogie, VB and an as yet unseen draftee next year.

Begley - just about gone. Journalism, CLEO Bachelor, focus is on other things.

Reilly, make or break. Fifth year in the caper next year. This was supposed to be the year we saw him live up to the hype and finally show us the goods, but he's still as far away as he's ever been.

I don't think we'll be turning over as many as seven players, particularly with this draft being a weak one.
M.Stevens has retired obviously and after that I'd say Smith and Schuback are the two most obvious answers. There may be one more to go after that and if the Doc doesn't retire (I don't think he will) then I actually think it will be Begley, who didn't even make your long list. :p
The end of next year would seem like a good time to have a big clean out with a lot of talk about that draft being good.

Vic Crow said:
I don't think we'll be turning over as many as seven players, particularly with this draft being a weak one.

I did think about that when writing this but if you cast your mind back to last year you will recall that only one player was delisted (J. Gallagher) and with many players who were mentioned last year eg. Ladhams, Smith, Schuback as needing to step up not playing a game I think Craigy's patience may be wearing thin. Also Craig likes Begley, don't be surprised to see him stay.

jo172 said:
Summary

GONE

Smith,Bode, M Stevens, Schuback, S Stevens, Kruger, Ladhams

Meesen, Massie, Doughty, Skipworth, Begley, Reilly, Jericho

Opinions?
I can't see us delisting that many players. I would keep Bode & S Stevens for 1 more year, but delist the injured Begley.

I agree with DT, that Skippy stepped up this year, but looks limited in his ability to improve further. I would keep him & Dogga around, but only as injury depth players (same theory with Bode & S Stevens) - but blood youngsters ahead of these guys.

Kane McGoodwin said:
I can't see us delisting that many players. I would keep Bode & S Stevens for 1 more year, but delist the injured Begley.

I agree with DT, that Skippy stepped up this year, but looks limited in his ability to improve further. I would keep him & Dogga around, but only as injury depth players (same theory with Bode & S Stevens) - but blood youngsters ahead of these guys.

Well said! :)

The point I was trying to sort of get across is that if players such as Bode, Dogga and Skipworth are getting games ahead of Knights, Reilly and Van Berlo next year I will be very dissapointed. Also agree with letting S. Stevens stay on for a year to cover KP depth.

parker, who was onya rookie list last year, told the subi boys that andrews was getting the arse, and priddis, was going on, but that did not end up eventuating, I bet they wish they had of done, as priddis has dominated wafl, and will get drafted for sure!

buddyluv23 said:
parker, who was onya rookie list last year, told the subi boys that andrews was getting the arse, and priddis, was going on, but that did not end up eventuating, I bet they wish they had of done, as priddis has dominated wafl, and will get drafted for sure!

Who's Priddis? :confused:
It was a pity we had to let go of Parker

just turned 20, has won plenty of awards in the wafl, ball magnet

did a preseason withe crows last year, likely type

buddyluv23 said:
just turned 20, has won plenty of awards in the wafl, ball magnet

did a preseason withe crows last year, likely type

Blo*dy Hell. Along with Pearce and Fisher that's another one that slipped through our fingers. What was the point of us doing the pre-season rookie training??

jo172 said:
Who's Priddis? :confused:
It was a pity we had to let go of Parker

its not a pity we had to let go of Parker, he obviously wasnt up to it, the club kept smith instead of him after upgrading him, he then went and trained with sydney who were sturggling for key defenders and they over looked him. probably a wise choice in the end.

In regards to your comment on Gibson i think you are wrong there too, the kid is a project player if ive ever seen one, barely scraped into last years draft by only a few weeks, is still young and tall and will get another 2 years minimum to go on with it, he is huge for his age and height already and when he finally grows into the body he has he will be a good player.

SpringChoke said:
Blo*dy Hell. Along with Pearce and Fisher that's another one that slipped through our fingers. What was the point of us doing the pre-season rookie training??

Off memory the question was on Priddis's pace - same as Fisher.

Pearce was considered too light but looks okay to me.

As for the delists, IMO

Certainties

M. Stevens, Smith, Schuback, Ladhams

Possibles

One, maybe two, of

Begley, Massie, Kruger, Scott Stevens

Kruger if his back is stuffed, Begley if Kruger come up okay. Can't have two injury ridden players on the list.

Upgrades

Hinge the only possibility IMO. They may leave that open at this stage, as with Hudson on the long term injury list, they could then choose the most appropriate rookie if needed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wayne's-World said:
Macca Bode is not a possibility of delisting :confused:

Nope, not in my book WW.

Depth to cover injuries - we have had a remarkable run with injuries that can't last forever.

Ladhams is almost certainly gone as well.

Bode has shown that he can play at AFL level and is prepared to bust a gut. I'm very confident that he will stay.

macca23 said:
Nope, not in my book WW.

Depth to cover injuries - we have had a remarkable run with injuries that can't last forever.

Ladhams is almost certainly gone as well.

Bode has shown that he can play at AFL level and is prepared to bust a gut. I'm very confident that he will stay.
Well we'll disagree on this ;) - Poor disposal, loses his feet , slow, he's not a Craig type player and IMO Craig will opt for a more skilled player in Begley first.

Admittedly Begley may pull the plug BUT Craig wants highly skilled players - Massie and Bode are on the backfoot becuase they can't improve in the neccessary Craig non negotiable

Whats the story with Bode. Each time I've seen him he shows heart and adds depth to the midfield. Happy to see him at the Hawks.

Wayne's-World said:
Well we'll disagree on this ;) - Poor disposal, loses his feet , slow, he's not a Craig type player and IMO Craig will opt for a more skilled player in Begley first.

Admittedly Begley may pull the plug BUT Craig wants highly skilled players - Massie and Bode are on the backfoot becuase they can't improve in the neccessary Craig non negotiable

To say begley is preferred over bode is possibly one of the most stupid things you've said. why would bode have an op and the john reid come out and say hes a part of the future if he was getting the chop? Everyone knows hes saying stop being different for the sake of it. Begely, considering he is a hbf and keeps breaking down will be very lucky to have a future next yr. Cant see where NC has come out and said all players need to be highly skilled either, not sure what makes you think begley fits in this category either.

A gift from above said:
To say begley is preferred over bode is possibly one of the most stupid things you've said. why would bode have an op and the john reid come out and say hes a part of the future if he was getting the chop? Everyone knows hes saying stop being different for the sake of it. Begely, considering he is a hbf and keeps breaking down will be very lucky to have a future next yr. Cant see where NC has come out and said all players need to be highly skilled either, not sure what makes you think begley fits in this category either.
You have got to pay a little more attention son!

Why do you Craig concentrated on skills work over the PS - he is a devotee of Oatey and Nunan.

Admittedly the AFC may decide also that Begleys body is not up to AFL - but his possible delisting will be for that reason and that reason alone.

John reid saying that means sweet bugger all - got to stop believing everything you read or hear in media circles.

Wayne's-World said:
You have got to pay a little more attention son!

Why do you Craig concentrated on skills work over the PS - he is a devotee of Oatey and Nunan.

Admittedly the AFC may decide also that Begleys body is not up to AFL - but his possible delisting will be for that reason and that reason alone.

John reid saying that means sweet bugger all - got to stop believing everything you read or hear in media circles.

so you are basing the need for highly skilled players on the pre-season training? I think you will find that we had a heavy emphasis on skills becuse they had slipped so much we were below afl standard. Seeing as NC hasnt actually said that i am very confident that Bode will be there next yr. If skill was a premium then skipp and co wouldnt be there, couldnt count how many times he turned it over on the weekend.

A gift from above said:

Wouldnt be the first time it's happened jack. Fitzy is one that comes to mind.

im not sure of who,s out of contract at the end of year but in my opinion
Begley,Doughty,Massie,bode trade. if they cant be traded delist begley and massie
smith,schuback,s.stevens,krueger,ladhams delist if possible.

Bode and Begley are fairly injury prone so i believe Ladhams should almost be infront of them, remembering he did show glimpses for North Adelaide. Massie is useless but Craig likes him so he will stay. Schuback, Kreuger and probably Scott Stevens (depends if we keep Watts & Perrie) should go.

Remove this Banner Ad

Your 2006 List

Remove this Banner Ad

Back