Society & Culture Your Brush with fame

Remove this Banner Ad

Met Danny Green a few months back at a wildlife park. Was out with my family, he was out with his. Probably spent a good 15 mins just shooting the breeze with him. Actually a really nice guy.

Ran into that Tim Ferguson guy on Chapel St a couple of years back.

Absolutely smashed at 11am, kept telling me to follow my dreams and get into news reporting (?). He then proceeded to miss the door of the tram as he was trying to get on.

Fame. :eek:

Met Danny Green a few months back at a wildlife park. Was out with my family, he was out with his. Probably spent a good 15 mins just shooting the breeze with him. Actually a really nice guy.

Me and a few mates met Danny Green at Contacios in Scarborough a few years ago, he's a top bloke. We were all pretty pissed and trying to talk him into playing for our rugby team and help us with our fights. He told us he would but we haven't seen him since. Genuinely good guy though.

Mates with 3 current Australian Rugby Representitives.

Sister is friends with the Armstrong family, inclduing W.W Armstrong, captain of the Australian Cricket team in the 20s. Epic pool room in that house. Could spend hours in there.

Have served coffee to Robbie Slater and Andy Harper ... and Dicko. All 3 are *****.

Have met and had casual beers with Chris Lilley.

Barbecued with the cast of All Saints.

Have ridden with David Peachey (NRL star) on his Harley.

I think I have more, but it's late and I can't think properly.

Went to school with two boys going to the bullsogs this year,
Also was at a party with someone taken around pick 20 this year, although I cannot confirm this as I was quite intoxicatedm and remember about 5% of the night.

In 1997 (I was 13), I took tackle stats for a local RL reserves team. Watched a TV screen of the game that was being filmed. Unbeknonst to me, also watching a few seats away (looking at the refereeing) was famous Rugby League Referee Bill Harrigan.

Also in the same graduating class as Hockey Gold Medallist Mark Knowles, who was also my house captain. Put simply he had a great plan in the cross country in 2001. Just watch me dash out in front, then about 2 minutes after I pass him, he joins the race. Beat me too (I was skinny then).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sister is friends with the Armstrong family, as in the W.G. Armstrong, Captain of the Invincibles.

If you are going to tell stories at least get your facts correct

"The Invincibles" was the Australian cricket team in England in 1948 captained by Don Bradman.

When I was a little kid I was on holidays with my family hanging out at the hotel pool when my mother said "Hey, that's Marty Feldman." I had NFI who he was at the time, but my mother sent me and my brother over to say hello to him. The googly eyed old ****er said "hi kids" and opened up a small glittery purse and gave me and my brother 50 cents each to get a coke from the vending machine. I thought he was a top bloke after that. An hour later I asked mum if I could go back and get some more money for another Coke from Marty but she said no. Unless my memory has been repressed, I don't recall any pedo.

If you are going to tell stories at least get your facts correct

"The Invincibles" was the Australian cricket team in England in 1948 captained by Don Bradman.
Apologies. It was late, and no idea where I pulled that shit from. I will edit that.

Met Jarrod Harbrow in Cairns early this year in the off season. He was pretty drunk haha. Said hello and wished him good luck with the bulldogs this year and laughed Nah **** the bulldogs and said bye. Now look where he is :p

A few lame ones from me:
Sat next to Bree (of Big Brother fame) on a plane
Served Dave Hughes and Adam Hills drinks
Met Bruce McAvaney at Melb Airport

Remove this Banner Ad

Society & Culture Your Brush with fame

Remove this Banner Ad

Back