Your Favourite All Time Favourite Sammy Newman Moment

Remove this Banner Ad

local said:
That was pure gold. the whining from newman just before dunstall was about to do it was classic :D

How come that wasnt on the dvd? I know that there was an earlier video of the footy show were "ford puts people in front of cars", but i still remember that and it should of been on the latest dvd, classic.
Also the time with gleen manton and the bolt through the snag, good times

Joffaboy said:
When he got run over.
i luvd the joke spider made about it - Ford released a new car called Ford Newman, its got airbags on the outsides.

I luvd the time hey had Mathew "Spider" Burton in the HUGE jar with the fake spiderwebs.

Cant remember what was said but i think it was Guy McKenna, when he was on the pannel was the first to get the better of Sam verbally. Later on it was Nigel Smart who had him hands down.

Help Please

1. comparing the trophy to cloke. the look on eddies face was priceless (cant you take a joke eddie?)
2. on street talk when a girl bared her breasts (in competition with a nudie program on another station)
3. on the old sunday footy show when he an EJ got into a fight.

1. comparing the trophy to cloke. the look on eddies face was priceless (cant you take a joke eddie?)
2. on street talk when a girl bared her breasts (in competition with a nudie program on another station)
3. on the old sunday footy show when he an EJ got into a fight.
4. asking kareem abdul jabar if he can make the ball touch the ring when he was swishing free throws.

peternorth said:

Gotta agree with both. The Cloke Trophy gag was priceless :p - and he was right.

The Street Talk with the girl flashing the breasts was a great segment- in that same one, Eddie was in the neighbourhood too.

So many memories- better pull out the DVD and watch them again! :p

He did play you know...stupid bunch of bloody kids.

And it's from there that my favourite of John (Sam) Newman's life comes from.

His 300th game in 1980. With his beloved Cats in amongst the challengers for the flag that year, the big lump ran out at Waverley for game 300. Where do you think he spent such a massive milestone? On the bloody bench!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jarryd_S said:
(I can't spell)
1. Take your school dictionary out when you are posting.
2. Compose in a Word document, run spellcheck over your composition, copy it, paste it in bigfooty.

O Grobbecker said:
1. Take your school dictionary out when you are posting.
2. Compose in a Word document, run spellcheck over your composition, copy it, paste it in bigfooty.

i think thats getting a bit keen...

anyway one of my favourite s.newman moments was when he came out with his hand stuck up a fake cow on the footy show dressed as John Hopoate...that was classic...

and also on Any Given Sunday last week when he ran out to the rocky music in the boxing trunks with the helmet on looking all serious and then tripped over the carpet haha

also that reply of him giving out an open handed slap that they play every week is bloody funny too!

A few weeks ago on Any Given Sunday, when he got up onto the table. Damien Oliver whipped him with a jockeys whip, then he stumbled off the table, onto his swivel chair and rolled off the raised stage thing they are on. PRICELESS!!!

scmods said:
His death.
That's just the 52nd time that joke has been mentioned in this thread.

Nightwolf_69 said:
Like him, but to say Mitchell was Worst on Ground yesterday was a discrace! Sometimes such a loser is Sam Newman...
Nah, he said the Extractor was 'least effective' on ground, not neccessarily worst. The point he was trying to make was that Hawthorn overused the ball, and with 3 players having 30 touches+ each, you'd expect the team to win. Therefore, each possession was ineffective.

Anyway I like Sam, he's a great personality, really knows his footy as well. Says stupid things, buy if he was a bit more serious people would respect him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Your Favourite All Time Favourite Sammy Newman Moment

Remove this Banner Ad

Back