Your favourite all time player from . . . Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Andrew McLeod.

Dude was all class, and used to carve up our midfield back in the day from memory. He was so quick and had heart.

Jars by a country mile.

My favourite moment, when he was laying on the ground and kicked a goal, probably goes a long way to explain the weight he has put on! :p

744925-jarman.jpg

Jason porplzyia loved watching him in 09. Pure silk and such a gun player such a shame injuries have held him back

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Given how young the club is we have had A LOT of star players and club legends, unfortunately these have been punctuated by some spuds.

C.McDermott
A.Jarman

Both terrific players who reached AFL relatively late in their careers. Even Jarman had played nearly 200 SANFL games before playing the in the AFL. McDermott until recently held the record for disposals in an AFL season and almost won a brownlow.

Rehn
Smart
Hart
Goodwin

All superb players who were All Australian. Tyson Edwards somehow missed out on this despite being an excellent player for a decade.

Darren Jarman
Andrew McLeod
Riccuito
Modra

All recognised greats of the game and household names.

My personal favourite

Nathan Basset, ferociously courageous and a very good defender famous for his on field eccentric behaviour. Also an All Australian and now arguably the most promising young couch in the country. I've played on him before and even out of the AFL he has supreme white line fever.

Remove this Banner Ad

Your favourite all time player from . . . Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Back