Your Favourite Collingwood Memory.

Remove this Banner Ad

1990 draw v West Coast was an awsome match. Brian Taylor kicked a couple to keep us with them. Daicos "sealed" it with an amazing goal after a handpass from Millane with his broken thumb only for Sumich to unseal it. Then the replay and the two Essendon games - we never looked in danger after surviving the draw.
1990 GF sometime in the 4th quarter on level 2 of the old MCC area near the glass bar (where i had been visiting regularly since securing seats at a little after 8am). Sadly this did not help my recollection of the game.

But I do recall a female Essendon supporter of a certain age telling me that she was sure "your parents would be really proud of your behaviour today." Good times.

"Buckley's on him, Buckley's on Carey"

What a great game he played. I loved seeing Carey getting shown up when Jakovich used to do it to him...but Buckley? A midfielder keeping the "Best CHF of all time"....(PLEASE spare me) goalless? Carey was never as good as they tried to make him out but Bucks looked like Rance against Cox in some battles!
Bucks killed the king and we won the game. It was a fun evening all around.

What a great game he played. I loved seeing Carey getting shown up when Jakovich used to do it to him...but Buckley? A midfielder keeping the "Best CHF of all time"....(PLEASE spare me) goalless? Carey was never as good as they tried to make him out but Bucks looked like Rance against Cox in some battles!

In his defense the King kicked a goal on Bucks but it was a junk handball over the top goal... He did look like ripping us apart, 2 goals in the first two minutes, North on top and premiership favourite and we had lost eight in a row. No-one gave us half a chance but when Bucks jogged down to Carey and got into him it brought the pie army to life.

So many good match ups that day, Monkhorst vs McKernan, Rocca vs Martyn, Archer vs Brown...

Williams gave David King a football lesson as i recall from that game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Your Favourite Collingwood Memory.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back