80​
-​
-​
78​
-​
Sorrento​
Cups WR​

Last edited by a moderator:
Hit the pin on the 9th today. Closest I’ve been to an ace. It bounced about 2m away from the hole but still made the birdie putt which is very unlike me.

Finished on 33 pts. I’ve been playing a fair bit better since mid July when I started to focus on shortening my backswing and smooth tempo rather than hitting the cover off the ball. Also fixed some alignment issues (my shoulders weren’t square with my feet). Actually been hitting it further as a result when I make good contact, which is more often. Short game is still a problem at times.

So many of us can learn from this. I too improved ball striking drammatically just by bringing my left shoulder around and square. And EVERYONE can improve with better tempo and slowing it down.
Great job. Love hearing those stories.

Par yesterday.
Finished birdie, par, par. To go from -4 to -1 and walked off with my head high rather than sooking like I was half an hour earlier.
Golf can be good sometimes. haha.

p.s. one of our group shot 6 birdies in a row. finished +6, off scratch. (bogeyed 17 and 18!!!)

Par yesterday.
Finished birdie, par, par. To go from -4 to -1 and walked off with my head high rather than sooking like I was half an hour earlier.
Golf can be good sometimes. haha.

p.s. one of our group shot 6 birdies in a row. finished +6, off scratch. (bogeyed 17 and 18!!!)

Woweeeee

I had 32 points yesterday with 4 x 3 putts. So frustrating. Put a new jumbo grip on my putter last night and had 35 points with 33 putts today. Felt so much more comfortable and confident. Amazing what a small change can do.

Handicap is down to 6, hoping to drop below 6 into the 5’s after today’s 35 points. Having a good confident ball striking run at the moment.

So many of us can learn from this. I too improved ball striking drammatically just by bringing my left shoulder around and square. And EVERYONE can improve with better tempo and slowing it down.
valid points made. Shot swing (which actually isnt short once body rotation comes in). Slow swing speed and tempo. But for the youngsters out there they love to try and bash the dimples off it thinking the ball goes further.

Yep and I’ve also found loosening my grip pressure has got me striking irons so much better.
Used to choke the shit out of them which caused me to hit fat all the time.

Played off the Black tees yesterday. Funnily enough the driver worked really well. After that things went south. 28pts.
Actually pretty exciting having to hit massive carries just to make the fairway.
For those that know KH, particularly 12,16 and 18 were very long. And 6. Does take the bunkers out of play on those holes tho, no chance of reaching.

Played off the Black tees yesterday. Funnily enough the driver worked really well. After that things went south. 28pts.
Actually pretty exciting having to hit massive carries just to make the fairway.
For those that know KH, particularly 12,16 and 18 were very long. And 6. Does take the bunkers out of play on those holes tho, no chance of reaching.
How far are the carries to reach the fairway? I’d be stuffed at about 180m these days. 😢

I’m going to the Gold Coast early tomorrow to get my car fixed. I’ll play a round tomorrow and maybe Tuesday depending on how long it takes them to test my fuel injectors and replace any. Wife just left for 5 nights at Sanctuary Cove for work. I’ll stay with her tomorrow night.

How far are the carries to reach the fairway? I’d be stuffed at about 180m these days. 😢

Not sure but I smashed my drive on 18, and made it by about 40-50. I average about 220.
The other issue is the further you go back the more the trees seem to narrow the chute you’re hitting thru.
Good fun. And pretty satisfying if you survive the challenge.

I’m going to the Gold Coast early tomorrow to get my car fixed. I’ll play a round tomorrow and maybe Tuesday depending on how long it takes them to test my fuel injectors and replace any. Wife just left for 5 nights at Sanctuary Cove for work. I’ll stay with her tomorrow night.

lol. Currently sitting by a pool on the Goldy. Playing The Pines tomorrow, Hope island Wednesday. Royal Pines Tuesday and The Grand Thursday

Yep and I’ve also found loosening my grip pressure has got me striking irons so much better.
Used to choke the shit out of them which caused me to hit fat all the time.

I have found similar. Been using a launch monitor a lot and loosey goosey gives me increased club speed and straighter shots. Discovering this in my 50s reinforces my belief that I could have been a contender.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

6!! 18!!!! holy!!!

I have found similar. Been using a launch monitor a lot and loosey goosey gives me increased club speed and straighter shots. Discovering this in my 50s reinforces my belief that I could have been a contender.

im so loose that the club flie sout of my hand sometimes

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sounds lovely. The best of times. The greatest even

The Dunes after lunch today. First 18 holes for 4 or so months. Anything could happen.

First day out with half my bag full of hybrids.
Looks a brilliant day, good luck!

I reckon I haven't picked up a club in about 3 months, probably haven't played 18 in 4 as well, combination of being sick/travelling/too busy at work and not enough daylight hours in winter to get out.

Be interesting when I next hit it soon!

The Dunes after lunch today. First 18 holes for 4 or so months. Anything could happen.

First day out with half my bag full of hybrids.
If had of known i would've joined you...nah on 2nd thoughts i hate golf atm.
Last 2 rounds, 22 pts in both.
Short game, putting has completely deserted me which sucks as i'm striking the ball ok.

Having a couple of weeks off and heading north.

Good luck at the Dunes...it was sublime yesterday and an even better day today.

PS...some bloody tough pin positions atm...centre of green is your friend

Do you blame your caddy for not checking your grips? Has it happened with a putter?

Happens with every club.

Sometimes im so relaxed and loose i be like

lxeh74sfav6b1.gif

First hole...rimmed out for par walked off with a 7. LMAO.

Stretch of 6 holes on the front nine pared (1 bird and a bogey). Main highlight for me.

Worst back nine played that I can remember. Never to be mentioned again.

Fitness a major concern (and I was in a cart haha).
I went round for 18 hitting 118 my first time there at the Bigfooty golf day....

I doubt your back 9 added to a worse 18 than that :tearsofjoy:

Remove this Banner Ad

Golf Your latest Round?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back