80​
-​
-​
78​
-​
Sorrento​
Cups WR​

Last edited by a moderator:

“Family friendly” party hole. Dunno what that means. If there are some golf activities for the kiddos nearby, I can’t think of anywhere I would be less inclined to want to sink cans.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Out 19th hole is a par 3 behind the first green. Would be perfect for big stands behind the green and down the left hand side, maybe even both sides.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Course was shut last week for 4 and a half days to do green, fairway and tee box renos - played today and hit 9 gir and shot 13 over lol. So many three putts on the punched and sanded greens.

range that close to the hole?.
Not at all. 2 tiered complex, another hole in between where I was and the range. when I went in at the end of the round to let the blokes in the pro shop know, they didn't believe I was on the 7th, or that a ball would get there. I told them that's where I was and that's what happened, just letting you know the net might need to be improved.
As I was walking to the car, I'm guessing the manager and the bloke I spoke to came up behind me in a cart and wanted me to do an incident report. I just gave them my name and number and told them I didn't really care that much, there wasn't much damage done,but someone else might make more of an issue if it happened again. First bloke I spoke to again said it must have been from someone teeing off from the eight. Only problem, ball came from the other direction, and the blokes in front were walking to the tee box at the time.
Anyway, no damage done, just a little red mark today and a bit sore to touch.

93 at The Cut today.
Best day of golf for fairways hit - 84%, and GIR - 44%. Crap putting though - 40 of them.
Got to use the 7 wood a couple of times - beautiful club
Any stat that we monitor is better than nothing - but for anyone outside the very low markers, there is a decent argument that we should ditch fairways hit as a measure of play. A better indicator is "ball in play" - you can define this however you like, but I reckon a decent definition is that if you are able to take your second with a normal full unimpeded swing with line of sight at the pin. Unless a course has US open style rough, the penalty of being off the fairway is much lesser for swing speeds outside the pros. When they get in the rough, they lose the benefit of the massive spin rates they can generate off a clean lie to get it close. Us choppers not so much.

The Hack it Out podcast pulled out data a few episodes back. 15 indexes, 200 yards from the hole. Average shots to the hole from the fairway and from the rough.

From the rough - 4.28 shots
From the fairway - 4.22
.06 of a difference - which is basically telling us for every 16 times we hit the rough instead of fairways, we will take an extra shot to get in the hole only 1 time. I found that pretty surprising.

And there's a kind of inflection point at around 250 yards, where 15 markers score better from the rough - probably because they have the hero shots with something like a three wood taken out of their hands.

Even at 100 yards, the difference is only about 0.1 of a shot. Max difference is at around 135,140 yards where the difference is 0.13 between fairway and rough.

The rough is our friend. Penalties are not.

Not at all. 2 tiered complex, another hole in between where I was and the range. when I went in at the end of the round to let the blokes in the pro shop know, they didn't believe I was on the 7th, or that a ball would get there. I told them that's where I was and that's what happened, just letting you know the net might need to be improved.
As I was walking to the car, I'm guessing the manager and the bloke I spoke to came up behind me in a cart and wanted me to do an incident report. I just gave them my name and number and told them I didn't really care that much, there wasn't much damage done,but someone else might make more of an issue if it happened again. First bloke I spoke to again said it must have been from someone teeing off from the eight. Only problem, ball came from the other direction, and the blokes in front were walking to the tee box at the time.
Anyway, no damage done, just a little red mark today and a bit sore to touch.

I actually had a look at the google maps of the course and wondered how you got hit

I actually had a look at the google maps of the course and wondered how you got hit
Many years ago I was playing at Sorrento with my old man. The 4th is a blind tee shot dog leg left. There probably should be a bell there, but there isn't - you just wait what you think is a reasonable amount of time. The old boy was on the left side of the fairway past the dog leg and wore one which landed directly on his shoulder. Hurt quite a bit, but could have been worse.

The bloke who hit it finally arrived on the scene with a dirty look on his face. We informed him that he had hit one of our playing group. His response, "I thought it hadn't rolled on as far as I hoped."

Not even a sorry. What a tnuc!

Many years ago I was playing at Sorrento with my old man. The 4th is a blind tee shot dog leg left. There probably should be a bell there, but there isn't - you just wait what you think is a reasonable amount of time. The old boy was on the left side of the fairway past the dog leg and wore one which landed directly on his shoulder. Hurt quite a bit, but could have been worse.

The bloke who hit it finally arrived on the scene with a dirty look on his face. We informed him that he had hit one of our playing group. His response, "I thought it hadn't rolled on as far as I hoped."

Not even a sorry. What a tnuc!

I got hit a few months ago. Guy teed off like 5 second after we walked over a hill, easily reachable, and got me. Teed his ball up. He came over to have a whinge and quickly retreated.

Remove this Banner Ad

Golf Your latest Round?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back