Your own umpiring appointments

Remove this Banner Ad

They are wondering why numbers across the board are dropping...

When you consider that 15 years ago Division 1 Seniors at the Eastern Football League was about $90 for the game. It seems like that pay across the board at all leagues has flatlined over that period of time.

Especially when you consider that Petrol was 55 cents per litre and a post match beer would set you back $2. You used to be able to make some decent extra money out of the game. Now it barely covers the expenses...

They are wondering why numbers across the board are dropping...

When you consider that 15 years ago Division 1 Seniors at the Eastern Football League was about $90 for the game. It seems like that pay across the board at all leagues has flatlined over that period of time.

Especially when you consider that Petrol was 55 cents per litre and a post match beer would set you back $2. You used to be able to make some decent extra money out of the game. Now it barely covers the expenses...

you're not wrong blommy! hope you are well mate. i am travelling now in nsw 90 mins to training once a week plus an average of 2 hours to a game, for $90......
I got the A Grade Grand Final on Saturday and for an hour's drive it is $180 for the grand final.

and tell me again how "strong" do you have to be to stand between the goals for three games?

Ithink anyone here who has called you a half-wit Susie may have overestimated your mental capacity.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Umpired the Black Diamond AFL Grand Final between Newcastle City and Cardiff at number One Sportsground. A better place to umpire footy is very hard to find in NSW.
Great game and a great way to retire.

I came back out of retirement last year after a 4 year break. If it's in your blood and your circumstances change, you never know what might happen...

Remove this Banner Ad

Your own umpiring appointments

Remove this Banner Ad

Back