Ricky_15

Team Captain
Jul 5, 2007
melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
south dragons
Now we will most likely be able to get a KPF at pick 18. im sure one of black, carlisle, talia or griffifths will still be available.

So it sets up an interesting scenario if a player drops who is expected to go in the top 10.

I think if one of rohan,lucas or jetta were to slip to our pick they would be to good to resist.

Would people be angry if we didnt go tall with pick 11? or are you happy to go with the best availible because i would not be suprised if a highly regarded player slips outside the top 10 ?

I'd be aiming for a key position player at both our #11 & #18 picks, since we stand to draft two of the three best midfielders in this year's draft (the third being Dustin Martin, who could prove to be just as good as Scully & Trengove), we could take what we need rather than who's the best available, which is, in my opinion, a tall forward & a ruckman.

Any two of Butcher (not likely but it could happen), Talia, Panos, Vardy, Carlisle, Griffiths, & Black would be good. But if, by chance, there simply aren't any KPP's worth taking at either #11 or #18, then I would go with the best available & recruit some KPP's later in the draft.

i agree with you 100%. but i just think if someone like gary rohan slipped to our pick , he would be too good to resist.

Would be happy to pick up Jetta at pick 11 if he slipped but if he didn't then I would want a KPF in Black. Wouldn't mind getting Black and Griffiths as with Griffith's height (198cm) he might be able to ruck.

the only ones i would consider are Cunnington, Morabito or maybe Tapscott

Marabito is gone by pick 4.

Butcher will probably go to port with 8 or 9. Rohan seems like a player North will swoop on or Sydney.

I'd be happy with Panos, Jetta. Not sure if lucas will still be around, although he is a strong quick mid, surely we couldn't pass.

With this draft being not so deep i say we just go with best available for our first 4 picks. Having said that i do like vardy even at pick 11 he has huge upside, much in the mold of ty vickery last year.

Also, anyone know what happened to Fitzpatrick? He was touted as a top 5 earlier in the year.

Surely that kid will be a strong ruckman. definate pos

There seem to be a lot of evenly rated talls in this year's draft, all looking at that 7-20 bracket. We definitely should pick one up at 11, unless some midfield gun like Kane Lucas amazingly falls to 11.

With this draft being not so deep i say we just go with best available for our first 4 picks. Having said that i do like vardy even at pick 11 he has huge upside, much in the mold of ty vickery last year.

No way.

Scully and Trengove are best available at #1 and #2, we must draft for needs at #11 and then go best available at #18.

Vardy at #11 is also a waste, it's highly likely that he'll be around at #18 and that's the earliest we should draft him if we want him.

I'm liking Max Gawn or James Craig as ruckmen at #34.

Pick #11: Butcher (if available), Black, Talia, Carlisle or Panos

Pick #18: Griffiths, Vardy or best available

The decisions made by Ball and Thorp will surely dictate our picks 11 and 18.

If we get Ball id assume we wouldnt draft another midfielder after scully and trengove.

However, if we get Thorp in the PSD we may be able to select lucas, rohan or jetta if they are availible.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would take the best available at 11... based on what I have read that could be a Lucas, Jetta, Butcher or Tapscott type player.

I don't want us getting too fancy and drafting on needs with the pick we got for Brock... Luke Molan anyone????????

Also, **** getting Vardy or any other ruck at 11 or 18... 9/10 ruckmen that get drafted turn out to be plonkers. I think with Jamar and Meesen/Spencer (one of them should turn out OK) we're right there.

I would take the best available at 11... based on what I have read that could be a Lucas, Jetta, Butcher or Tapscott type player.

I don't want us getting too fancy and drafting on needs with the pick we got for Brock... Luke Molan anyone????????

Also, **** getting Vardy or any other ruck at 11 or 18... 9/10 ruckmen that get drafted turn out to be plonkers. I think with Jamar and Meesen/Spencer (one of them should turn out OK) we're right there.

I hope your right. because i dont see this happening any time soon.

[/b]

I hope your right. because i dont see this happening any time soon.

Jamar made real progess this year, i'd stop short of using the term "breakout" but good progress. Meesen showed enough to stay on the list and even be optimistic about what he may become Spencer is a known project and Martin looks ok as a 2IC. PJ is on borrowed time...

But Vardy is not worth P11 or even P18 IMO, if we really need a ruckman why not target an elite ruck in threeor four years time with our then first round pick and a mid we may have picked up now at 11 or 18, even a Blease or Strauss type.

As per Dez's comments if availible at 34 give me a 206cm Gawn and just payout PJ's contract. Can we do that after the ND prior to list lodgement 2?

If Lucas or Cunnington fall through I would look at them but I highly doubt it.

I would take Butcher and Black ahead of Gary Rohan, but Rohan ahead of the rest.

Im pretty sure we'll end up with Black or Carlisle at 11 and then best available at 18.

Maybe Vardy at 11 is a bit high but at 18 surely isnt that bad?

On our ruckman, i suggest you re-think the above. Our ruck stocks are appauling, second worst in the league behind hawthorn. We need to do something about it at some stage. Be it trading or drafting.

Maybe Vardy at 11 is a bit high but at 18 surely isnt that bad?

On our ruckman, i suggest you re-think the above. Our ruck stocks are appauling, second worst in the league behind hawthorn. We need to do something about it at some stage. Be it trading or drafting.

Butcher, Carlisle, Talia or Black would be worth pick 11. It will be a case of who we rate higher. However don't be suprised if we go best available. It is highly likely Carlisle, Griffiths, Vardy and even Black could be available at 18. If Tapscott is available at 11 we would definately have a very hard look at hime. Very strong build, best kick in the draft, would play round one and can play as a mid sized forward. We need to pick a KPF no doubt, however we need good footballers in every section of the ground and I am happy if we go best available.

For 11 I want Butcher or Black, and if neither are left I say go best available and pick up another one of the KPF at 18. No point getting an average KPF at 11 when there could be players like Lucas or Cunnington still around.

For 11 I want Butcher or Black, and if neither are left I say go best available and pick up another one of the KPF at 18. No point getting an average KPF at 11 when there could be players like Lucas or Cunnington still around.

completely agree with you, if butcher or black are available take them, however if both are gone we should go best available and pick up a carlisle or griffiths at pick 18.

Remove this Banner Ad

Your thoughts on who should be taken with pick 11

Remove this Banner Ad

Back