Your upcoming gigs

Remove this Banner Ad

fasterlouder.com.au and tonedeaf.com.au are pretty good for news/announcements, frontiertouring.com handle a lot of big ticket events and also offer pre-sale on some of their gigs.

Other than that, get around the street press: Beat or Inpress.
What he said!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Went to Groovin' the Moo on the weekend and it cemented its place as my favourite music festival. Crowd sizes not too big, lack of shirtless steriod junkies (maybe because of the 13 degrees temperature or possibly just more of a hipster crowd), great lineup for regional towns and a great setup.

My highlights were; Peking Duk, Disclosure, Dizzee Rascal, Violent Soho and What So Not.
Peking Duk really know how to bring the party!

Will be purchasing a ticket next year for sure!

Also I'm super keen for Arctic Monkeys this Friday @ Rod Laver Arena!
This is for other people going too, but what time are you thinking of rocking up? I've never seen a show at Rod Laver; Festival Hall is the biggest aside from the Music Bowl I've experienced. Is the casual fan element helpful for getting there later but getting a good spot?

This is for other people going too, but what time are you thinking of rocking up? I've never seen a show at Rod Laver; Festival Hall is the biggest aside from the Music Bowl I've experienced. Is the casual fan element helpful for getting there later but getting a good spot?

I was thinking today is their any decent bars around this joint? Could just stroll over from Richmond I guess..

Well this is my first gig in general admin at Rod Laver so I guess I'll try get there reasonably early to get a decent spot :thumbsu:

Went to see Arctic Monkeys last night, they were ****ing fantastic.

Would've liked a bit more Whatever... and FWN stuff but it was still brilliant. Zero reaction from the crowd for Cornerstone though...
No love for Cornerstone? What even? It's probably that lame half-acoustic version they insist on, but it's their most beautiful song and probably some of Al's best lyrics. Is it true people only really care about the AM stuff?

No love for Cornerstone? What even? It's probably that lame half-acoustic version they insist on, but it's their most beautiful song and probably some of Al's best lyrics. Is it true people only really care about the AM stuff?
It may have just been where I was standing, but nobody around me reacted much at all. Was a bit disappointing.

I know they are so popular they have to play there, but going to a concert at Rod Laver feels like going to a football game in a church.

You guys must also remember that you are probably in the minority when it comes to long time Arctic Monkeys fans, there will be a lot of people there clapping and cheering to everything yet when the song comes don't know the words to sing or show reaction because it isn't off the latest album.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heard the live stream on jjj and they sounded amazing live! Made me more excited for Friday night! :D

Made me less so unfortunately. Don't know whether it's because I fear the whole 'same gig every night' thing and I shouldn't of been listing to JJJ, the fact that it's at RLA and the reasons Waldenpond just pointed out, or if it's just because seeing them at the Palace for Suck it and See remains one of my favourite gigs and this won't live up to that.

Made me less so unfortunately. Don't know whether it's because I fear the whole 'same gig every night' thing and I shouldn't of been listing to JJJ, the fact that it's at RLA and the reasons Waldenpond just pointed out, or if it's just because seeing them at the Palace for Suck it and See remains one of my favourite gigs and this won't live up to that.
Eh, each to their own. I sure as hell know ill enjoy it

I'm a bit puzzled as to why Arctic Monkeys are only playing the theatre (sub-2,000 capacity) at the Adelaide Entertainment Centre tomorrow night, instead of in the main arena, after playing in (and selling out) 12,000+ seat venues on the east coast in recent days. I've got a ticket, so I can't complain, but it's unfortunate that a lot of Adelaide folks are going to miss out on seeing one of the greatest bands on the planet at the peak of their powers.

Except he doesn't beat his girlfriend, has girlfriends who aren't arseholes, makes good songs, has a stage presence, and is a decent working class lad.

Great show though.
John Lennon was all that before he was 30 ;)

10354561_1389717554647909_634690821_n.jpg

Why does he have to be like anyone? Or follow some previous trajectory?

People love to fawn over musicians but the thing is success and popularity mostly comes down to luck. There's a thousand other bands who could be this big but for one reason or another never got the luck or path. I love the Arctics, I like thinking and talking about music, but come on, this is just so lame.

Why does he have to be like anyone? Or follow some previous trajectory?

People love to fawn over musicians but the thing is success and popularity mostly comes down to luck. There's a thousand other bands who could be this big but for one reason or another never got the luck or path. I love the Arctics, I like thinking and talking about music, but come on, this is just so lame.
(it's a joke)

All being well I'll be seeing La Dispute and Balance and Composure at the Corner Hotel. I really think the venue will suit this kind of performance.

Remove this Banner Ad

Your upcoming gigs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back