Your upcoming gigs

Remove this Banner Ad

Run to the hills has been thrashed (aswell as a few others)but i wouldn't complain if they played it.
Couple of hours after the Perth gig- still sinkin piss, not tired and gotta do boundary umpire this mornin:drunk:.If it wasn't for my son needing some shuteye for his game, Souls would be crankin'. Fukn awesome show- a mix of old and new which a few ive not heard live before. Blood Brothers is one muthafukn unbelievably powerful, emotional track heard live- made me cry thinking of my cuz who died two weeks before their Perth gig in 08. Sons first concert and he loved it and he even asked for the Maiden hoody- which i gladly purchased:D
Cheerz Maiden - big Fukn:thumbsu:

My US trip is taking shape, so adding a few more gigs as they are announced

Sharon Jones and the Dap Kings in Memphis - No tickets for this one as it is a free gig as part of a festival
Grand Ole Opry, Nashville - Unfortunately, no artist listed for the night we are booked in, which mean probably an awful pop/rock/country artist, but going to take a chance.
Delfeayo Marsalis - Snug Harbour, New Orleans
The Preservation Hall-Stars, with Shannon Powell -Preservation Hall, New Orleans
Christian Sands Qurtet at Dizzy's Club, New York
Radiohead at Madison Square Gardens, New York
The Cure at Perth Arena. Leaving the States a day early to get back in time.

Not exactly gigs, but going to Sun Studio, Country Music Hall of Fame and Graceland. :thumbsu:

We are in Chicago in Early July. Nothing of note announced, but will drop into a few jazz bars while there.

Any Sydneysiders in here, rate what you've got going with Vivid?

Heading up for Antony Hegarty w/ Onehotrix because that album was beautiful as ****, and no Melb shows for now. Would have wanted to have seen Bjork if it wasn't on a different w/e. They've done well in getting some solid exclusives.

I've got New Order on June 1st at the Opera House but that's it at the minute.

Jack J, Oneotrix Point Never & Fatima Al Qadiri were all A+

A final addition. On top of these already mentioned...

Sharon Jones and the Dap Kings in Memphis - No tickets for this one as it is a free gig as part of a festival
Grand Ole Opry, Nashville - Unfortunately, no artist listed for the night we are booked in, which mean probably an awful pop/rock/country artist, but going to take a chance.
Delfeayo Marsalis - Snug Harbour, New Orleans
The Preservation Hall-Stars, with Shannon Powell -Preservation Hall, New Orleans
Christian Sands Quartet at Dizzy's Club, New York
Radiohead at Madison Square Gardens, New York
The Cure at Perth Arena. Leaving the States a day early to get back in time...

Dirty Dozen Brass Band at Antones in Austin, Texas.

parkway drive tomorrow night

bmth, architects & '68 in September

possibly going along to deftones/karnivool later this year as well

Parkway Drive are playing a show real close to me in the coming days but I'm not sure I'll buy a ticket at the last minute. But I am see BMTH too, on Thursday the 22nd in Melbourne.

Just on that one, I'd never heard of '68 before so I checked them out and they were honestly terrible :rolleyes: they're trash and everybody I've asked agrees. Surely they could have found a band better than them to support BMTH?

Parkway Drive are playing a show real close to me in the coming days but I'm not sure I'll buy a ticket at the last minute. But I am see BMTH too, on Thursday the 22nd in Melbourne.

Just on that one, I'd never heard of '68 before so I checked them out and they were honestly terrible :rolleyes: they're trash and everybody I've asked agrees. Surely they could have found a band better than them to support BMTH?

haha I haven't actually listened to '68 yet but as far as I know its the main guy from the chariot plus a drummer... definitely wouldn't be for everyone

The Welsh acts Gwenno and Cate Le Bon are both coming to Australia playing over two nights in Perth. Must be the same tour manager. Both put out strong albums in the past 12 months.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Cure on Thursday! Kind of snuck up on me, had planned to revisit a fair chunk of their discography, but might have to after the show now. Would love to hear Cold live, but seems like they play it irregularly. Seeing Puce Mary, Greg Beato & Gunnar Haslam in the space of 9 days in August :thumbsu:

Managed to get to a few gigs on my recent trip to the States.

Grand Ole Opry, Nashville - I was excited to be going to the home of country music, but aware that I could be in for a night of hokey stuff that was not to my taste. The night started with 3 guys playing a selection of brilliant bluegrass, interspersed with very old, but very funny jokes. Great start. I have never seen the Nashville TV show and imagined it to be full of the MTV type country that I hate, so when I saw that one of the girls from the show was performing as the main attraction, I was ready cringe. I was very surprised that Clare Bowen was firstly, Australian and secondly, an amazing singer. She was brilliant. Beautiful voice and a warm personality. I will check out Nashville when I get a chance.
The rest of the show was a bit hokey. The last song was a guy asking all military personnel to stand up, then first responders... An awful electric country ramble about the great red , white and blue !!!!! The majority of the crowd loved it, people were up on their feet and there was much chest thumping. I discussed it with an American guy the next day and said that Aussies generally don't go for flag waving like that and we thought it was over the top and he was genuinely surprised.
It was great to hear Eddie Stubbs as the announcer. He is the announcer on The Marty Stuart Show and has the best speaking voice. The show is broadcast live on radio and he does all of the ads live on stage as if it is still the 1940s.
A great experience and would definitely return next time I am in Nashville.

Sharon Jones and the Dap Kings - Levitt Shell, Memphis.

Levitt Shell was the site of Elvis Presley's first ever paid gig. Great venue with a very bohemian crowd in attendance. The Dap Kings started off as usual with an instrumental intro. The backing singers then took turns singing a few songs before Sharon Jones entered. Her cancer has returned and she did not have the same energy that she has had in the past. She is a true professional and gave her all. Her voice was about 60% of her at her peak but nobody seemed to mind. She had just got into full swing when lightning strikes were seen in the area and for safety reasons the concert was called off.

The hall holds about 50 paying customers. A tiny, wooden venue with no air conditioning and the band squeezed into the corner. We had second row seats to a magnificent performance. A beautiful, vocal rendition of Honeysuckle Rose to open. Great musicians, with solos on trumpet, sax, piano and drums. There was lots of call and response between the musicians and also between the band and the audience. It was like a step back in time. Seriously good musicians having a great time. A must do if yo are ever in New Orleans.

Delfeayo Marsalis - Snug Harbour, New Orleans.

Less successful brother of Wynton and Branford Marsalis, but not a talent to be ignored. I had a seat in the upper balcony overlooking the stage. A number of the musicians came upstairs and were chatting as they put their horns together and warmed up in and around the crowd. They suddenly burst into a tune and marched down the stairs while playing and onto the stage. A great night of swinging jazz from a very talented sextet. Played some beautiful cool jazz, then at times the tempo was breakneck. Great night.
Bonus - I drank soda water all night as I had, had a few drinks the night before and felt like a quiet one and when I got my bill for the drinks, it was $2.40 because they were all free refills ! I splashed out and let the waitress keep the change from my $5 :)

Dirty Dozen Brass Band at Antones, Austin, Texas.

The support was soul legend Bobby Patterson. Been singing, producing, writing since the 60s and he put on a great show. An old fashioned soul review with singalongs, great musicians and some to be honest, pretty average dancing.

The Dirty Dozen Brass Band have been around since 1977. They have played with David Bowie, Dr John, Elvis Costello... Amazing musicians that played a solid 2 hour set of huge, swinging jazz and blues.

Surprised a little at the venue. For such a legendary place, it was not much more than a big hall, with a bar at the side.

My son had flown in from Wichita with his girlfriend and my daughter had flown in from Kansas City for the weekend so it was extra special.

I discovered that Lera Lynn was doing a gig while I was in Boston. I had heard her debut album and enjoyed her song from True Detectives, so took a chance and went along. Cool little bar in the Cambridge district. After the security guy checked our bags, he told us to show our tickets inside. I said that we did not have tickets, where do we buy them, he pulled a couple from his pocket and said that some friends had pulled out, so we could have them for free. Good start to the night.

Very good band, beautiful voice. The first half hour was full of very similar songs, but then she upped the tempo and mixed it up. She was very warm in her interaction with the crowd and was quite funny. Very good band.

End of the World by Skeeter Davis would be in my top ten favourite songs of all time. The band did an acapella version for the encore that was beautiful.

Radiohead - Madison Square Gardens, New York

1. Burn the Witch
  2. Daydreaming
  3. Decks Dark
  4. Desert Island Disk
  5. Ful Stop
  6. My Iron Lung
  7. Climbing Up the Walls
  8. Morning Mr. Magpie
  9. Pyramid Song
  10. Bloom
  11. Identikit
  12. The Numbers
  13. The Gloaming
  14. Weird Fishes/Arpeggi
  15. Everything in Its Right Place
  16. Idioteque
  17. There There
  18. Encore:
  19. Give Up the Ghost
  20. Let Down
  21. Present Tense
  22. Planet Telex
  23. Karma Police
    Play Video
  24. Encore 2:
  25. Reckoner
  26. Creep
  27. Note: This show marked the first performance of 'Creep' in the United States since 2004.
Fantastic gig. Thom was in great voice, Johnny Greenwood is incredible to watch in the flesh. A sonic onslaught at times. We were in standing and I was pretty knackered so was kinda wishing that we had got seats, but the moment they walked on stage, everybody in the seats stood up and stayed standing for the entire gig. Been looking forward to this gig for a long time and was worth the wait.

Special mention for the support band. Dawn of Midi. A kind of LA style version of The Necks who played one track for their entire set. Not sure if NY crowds are always this polite, but never heard anybody get on their case.

Radiohead - Madison Square Gardens, New York

1. Burn the Witch
  2. Daydreaming
  3. Decks Dark
  4. Desert Island Disk
  5. Ful Stop
  6. My Iron Lung
  7. Climbing Up the Walls
  8. Morning Mr. Magpie
  9. Pyramid Song
  10. Bloom
  11. Identikit
  12. The Numbers
  13. The Gloaming
  14. Weird Fishes/Arpeggi
  15. Everything in Its Right Place
  16. Idioteque
  17. There There
  18. Encore:
  19. Give Up the Ghost
  20. Let Down
  21. Present Tense
  22. Planet Telex
  23. Karma Police
    Play Video
  24. Encore 2:
  25. Reckoner
  26. Creep
  27. Note: This show marked the first performance of 'Creep' in the United States since 2004.
Fantastic gig. Thom was in great voice, Johnny Greenwood is incredible to watch in the flesh. A sonic onslaught at times. We were in standing and I was pretty knackered so was kinda wishing that we had got seats, but the moment they walked on stage, everybody in the seats stood up and stayed standing for the entire gig. Been looking forward to this gig for a long time and was worth the wait.

Special mention for the support band. Dawn of Midi. A kind of LA style version of The Necks who played one track for their entire set. Not sure if NY crowds are always this polite, but never heard anybody get on their case.
First time they played Let Down in a while too right?

Yep. I went to the second gig on the Wednesday. They played it at the Tuesday gig and it was the first time they had played it for 10 years. Got a great reception on the night I went !
So lucky! It's one of my all time favourite songs and I was hoping they would play it when i went to Brisbane but no such luck :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Your upcoming gigs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back