Your upcoming gigs

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe a year. Before that was the Huxtaburger shit. As hipster and trendy as it was it was better than the barbecue shit.

The Curtin is a classic old grungey pub; sort of thing that's died out with steel and jarrah bars, stainless steel seats, and general prissiness. Does anyone know a pub like it?
You're right. I really like the Curtin. I haven't been there in many months but it's one of the few I really enjoy.

My favourite place to drink used to be the Arthouse. Coopers green on tap, non pretentious, and the band bookers shared my taste.

Last edited:
Seen maybe five or six shows there, including a Dick Diver one at their ultimate peak just after Water Damage was released but before the album was out. It's always cool seeing the band walk around downstairs and it's also cool being able to yell and chat to the band on stage. I had a chat to Steph about her shirt repping a WA country town – Ravensthorpe – and she thought it was in bloody New South Wales or South Australia. The gall.

I think the sound is good and it always feel spacious as the bands there are never massive. They could've easily been a good venue for 400 capacity shows: a substitute for Max Watts or even some Corner shows. You could fit Toro Y Moi, early Mac DeMarco, the recent Alvvays tour there for something different.

NSC is losing some grouse gigs though unfortunately right as the band room improves.

Mac DeMarco's first tour sold out the Corner Hotel and Toro sold out the Workers Club (which at the time was booking some great shows in 2011). Don't think the Curtin bandroom could ever be a substitute for some Corner/Hifi (both are 800+ cap venues) shows are almost never at half full at either venue.

Alvvays sold out NSC, and def would've sold out the Curtin.

The Curtin is a classic old grungey pub; sort of thing that's died out with steel and jarrah bars, stainless steel seats, and general prissiness. Does anyone know a pub like it?
I love the Great Western on King St for beers and a feed before games at Etihad because it's one of the last old pubs in Melbourne. Great beer, reasonable traditional pub grub and absolutely no pretentiousness.

Also three crowns in North Melbourne is another one.

Stiff Little Fingers were magnificent last night. I was never a huge punk fan, but was huge on The Clash, The Jam and Stiff Little Fingers. They all seemed to stand for something.

SLF showed last night that they still do. Wasted Life, Roots, Radicals, Rockers and Reggae, Alternative Ulster, Barbed Wire Love, Gotta Getaway, Fly the Flag, Tin Soldiers, Guitar and Drum.... all got terrific renditions. Two highlights were the tributes to Joe Strummer and John Bradbury (Special's drummer), with Strummerville and Doesn't Make it Alright. The crowd sang along all night, but they seemed to find extra voice for those tracks.

Great night.

Mind totally blown and the poster as a tee shirt rocks!

Power were pretty impressive too... great to see a band that plays a song with the band name and I noticed they have attracted a bit of a sharpy following.

Endless Boogie playing Cherry on Sunday April 3. Will be there with bells on!

Sheeeeiiiit!! Didn't think they could get better. The bass player from Interpol certainly added something. Was a damned heavy psych set, was trippin' on the harmonics.

I did see those sharpies, cardies and all!!!!

Cherry a must on Sunday

Sheeeeiiiit!! Didn't think they could get better. The bass player from Interpol certainly added something. Was a damned heavy psych set, was trippin' on the harmonics.

I did see those sharpies, cardies and all!!!!

Cherry a must on Sunday
already got Monday off!

Beautiful Swimmers @ The Mercat.

Don't think I've danced close to 6 hours straight before. It's going to be hard to top this. Looking forward to Jack J on the 20th of May!

Splendour in the grass, Jake Bugg and The Cure in July, gonna be a big week!

GA tickets for The Cure?

I wanted a seated ticket, but the pre-sale didn't offer anything good. Will be interesting to see how I go for 3 hours standing, haha.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GA tickets for The Cure?

I wanted a seated ticket, but the pre-sale didn't offer anything good. Will be interesting to see how I go for 3 hours standing, haha.
Yep GA, I got them from the Telstra presale. You won't regret standing once they play! Just have a few brews so your feet don't hurt :D

Iron Maiden on Monday night. Should be awesome.

I'm avoiding reviews and setlists online( personally Death Or Glory would be a great opening song). Taking my son (15) to his first gig on sat night, Maiden's not quite his cup of tea but when tunes are on in our house majority of the time it's Maiden.
Didn't like Book Of Souls much at the start but the more i listen to it and understand the lyrics it's F!@#'in mint. For me their best album since Brave New World:thumbsu:

I'd absolutely love it if they have a violinist and a pianist onstage for Empire Of The Clouds (if it's on the setlist of course:D)

Last edited:
3 gigs lined up at the moment.

Radiohead at Madison Square Gardens
Sharon Jones and the Dap Kings in Memphis - No tickets for this one as it is a free gig as part of a festival
The Cure at Perth Arena. Leaving the States a day early to get back in time.

Played a great show. Bruce still has it, that's for sure.
A few people I was talking too on the tram said the sound/ vocals dropped out Abit and wanted run to the hills.
Sounded pretty good were I was.
IMHO out of the older rock singers Bruce is one of the better ones.

A few people I was talking too on the tram said the sound/ vocals dropped out Abit and wanted run to the hills.
Didn't notice that at all.
Yeah and he still has the energy of a younger singer.

Any Sydneysiders in here, rate what you've got going with Vivid?

Heading up for Antony Hegarty w/ Onehotrix because that album was beautiful as ****, and no Melb shows for now. Would have wanted to have seen Bjork if it wasn't on a different w/e. They've done well in getting some solid exclusives.

3 gigs lined up at the moment.

Radiohead at Madison Square Gardens
Sharon Jones and the Dap Kings in Memphis - No tickets for this one as it is a free gig as part of a festival
The Cure at Perth Arena. Leaving the States a day early to get back in time.
Sharon Jones #winning

no run to the hills was a complaint i heard a few times leaving the arena.

i know they want to get the new stuff in, but it seems an odd song to drop off the setlist.

no run to the hills was a complaint i heard a few times leaving the arena.

i know they want to get the new stuff in, but it seems an odd song to drop off the setlist.
Run to the hills seems the perfect ending song to do.

Remove this Banner Ad

Your upcoming gigs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back