YVMDFL- Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Checked out the fabulous venue on the weekend. Wow - what a ground. In great nick just as Deano predicted as well. Not a drop of mud to be seen - looked like an indoor stadium surface (I think after your smokes & mirrors the week before Deano - not to many took u serious ;))

Hoping the conditions would catch you by surprise!! Ugly game of footy - you guys were too good and Big Clarkey was the difference IMO. Couple of telling goals and marks on our goal line. We are not too far away. I cannot question the fella's attitude and endeavour! I look fwd to the return match! Thanks for coming into the rooms - good amt of GC people! Not all clubs do this.

Hoping the conditions would catch you by surprise!! Ugly game of footy - you guys were too good and Big Clarkey was the difference IMO. Couple of telling goals and marks on our goal line. We are not too far away. I cannot question the fella's attitude and endeavour! I look fwd to the return match! Thanks for coming into the rooms - good amt of GC people! Not all clubs do this.

Was a big last quarter from the big fella. Your right about not being to far off. Some very good players (#1 off half back is a beauty). Gembrook players ALWAYS go into opp rooms for beers. Only time we didn't was last year after a rival club had not 1 player/coach or supporter entered our rooms the first time we played them. We made sure we returned the favour.

See ya in 9 weeks.

A whisper in the winds at the moment is that Patty Ratray has gone walkabout. Apparantly made himself unavailable on the weekend for no reason??? Now i did hear it from my best mates - auntie's - in laws - dogs - landlord so not sure how much truth. Anyone from Warby care to shed some light??? Also heard that Muir has done his hammy for the 3rd time this season??? Getting to a cronic stage now yeah??

Patty is playing this week while Scotty Muir is a good chance.

I have heard rumours of a new ruckman at Seville but havent seen him play yet. Any truth in that one?

Please don't let this be true. I couldn't stand another whinge fest from blueboy about paying players and burning the locals. Oh wait a minute....:)

Last week

Gembrook have now won their last 13 against Yarra Glen. This represents their second-longest winning streak against any club. The longest was a 15-game run against Olinda-Ferny Creek from 1961-1991.

Yarra Glen failed to score in the last quarter, even though they seemed to be attacking the goals for most of the time. This was Yarra Glen’s first scoreless quarter since their third quarter at Warburton in 2006.

Mount Evelyn have now drawn 3 of their last 22 matches. Saturday’s draw was the first on the Woori Yallock ground since 1980.

Olinda-Ferny Creek victories at Monbulk are quite rare - the previous one was in 1996. Olinda had never previously won at Healesville and Monbulk in the same season. The Bloods bob up every decade:
1991 1st division grand final appearance
2001 1st division minor premiership
2011 Premiership favourites

This week

Yea have not beaten Kinglake in seven attempts. Kinglake’s average winning margin is 101 points in their three wins at Yea.

Powelltown have not won at Alexandra in four matches there. Alexandra won by 112 points in 1980, 244 points in 2007, 144 points in 2008, and a more respectable 60 points in 2010.

Healesville have been at home sixteen times in a row in round 9. The last time Healesville were drawn to play away in round 9 was at Woori Yallock in 1995. In contrast, Wandin have been the away team in fifteen of their last sixteen round 9 fixtures.

Great stuff Derby - always a good read.

See Adam Simpson is debuting this week for Woori and also Robbie Allen back.

And no Ratray for Warby???? My birdie may be right after all. Muir back though.

Great stuff Derby - always a good read.

See Adam Simpson is debuting this week for Woori and also Robbie Allen back.

And no Ratray for Warby???? My birdie may be right after all. Muir back though.
the birdie you speak of is starting to resemble and sound like a terradactile. intersting that the finger has been rather quiet not only on this issue but all week. had plenty to say between the hours of 12 and 2 last week at the kennel pissing and moaning on field.

Ventured up to Olinda today to see a young team take on an old pro. It probably threw up more questions than answers.

Olinda: Didn't kick a goal in the first half, but won the second half. Not quite sure about them this year but they will be a very solid club for a while to come.

Woori: Will still have a big say this year.

Adam Simpson: Began by kicking the ball to where to an AFL player would have been, but where a YVMDFL player isn't; finished up just kicking the ball forward. Handy pick up.

The ground at Olinda was in excellent condition for an area that would cop more rain than most in this league.

But the one I really can't figure out. Olinda's U/18's have been flogging teams of late (apart form today) and have, apparently, already forfeited next week's game against Upwey (due to a school camp ?). 1 v 2 and 2 forfeits wouldn't happen to often. Olinda worried or trying to hide something? Upwey would be filthy, and who could blame them.

Ventured up to Olinda today to see a young team take on an old pro. It probably threw up more questions than answers.

Olinda: Didn't kick a goal in the first half, but won the second half. Not quite sure about them this year but they will be a very solid club for a while to come.

Woori: Will still have a big say this year.

Adam Simpson: Began by kicking the ball to where to an AFL player would have been, but where a YVMDFL player isn't; finished up just kicking the ball forward. Handy pick up.

The ground at Olinda was in excellent condition for an area that would cop more rain than most in this league.

But the one I really can't figure out. Olinda's U/18's have been flogging teams of late (apart form today) and have, apparently, already forfeited next week's game against Upwey (due to a school camp ?). 1 v 2 and 2 forfeits wouldn't happen to often. Olinda worried or trying to hide something? Upwey would be filthy, and who could blame them.

Cant disagree with anything you've written.
Our 18s next week have 10-11 going on Central Australia camp with Monbulk high School (3-4 netballers I think as well) Cant do much about it when you have a list of 20ish. We actually had 3 guys miss last years GF for the same reason from the same school, not much we can do about it. I emailed Upwey 2 weeks back, dissapointed yes, filthy no. They have their own issues each year with the local High School and fully understand.

Cant disagree with anything you've written.
Our 18s next week have 10-11 going on Central Australia camp with Monbulk high School (3-4 netballers I think as well) Cant do much about it when you have a list of 20ish. We actually had 3 guys miss last years GF for the same reason from the same school, not much we can do about it. I emailed Upwey 2 weeks back, dissapointed yes, filthy no. They have their own issues each year with the local High School and fully understand.

Fair explanation, but it will be interesting to see if Monbulk u/18's field a team next week. Seeing that they are second bottom I think it would be fair to assume that they wouldn't be flush with numbers. I reckon they (Monbulk) would have a higher % of their players at Monbulk High than Olinda.

Fair explanation, but it will be interesting to see if Monbulk u/18's field a team next week. Seeing that they are second bottom I think it would be fair to assume that they wouldn't be flush with numbers. I reckon they (Monbulk) would have a higher % of their players at Monbulk High than Olinda.

I think they have 24-25, have no idea how many attend Monny High. What they choose to do is up to them, what we choose to do is up to us. Monbulk may have the opportunity to use more U16 permitted players than us as well. Its never as simple as it seems LK. If we genuinely could get our side on the ground, beleive me we would. We've worked as hard as any club in the past 5 years to promote/develop our relationship with our Junior Club and to develop kids to play U18 and then Senior football. For us its non-negotiable !

the birdie you speak of is starting to resemble and sound like a terradactile. intersting that the finger has been rather quiet not only on this issue but all week. had plenty to say between the hours of 12 and 2 last week at the kennel pissing and moaning on field.

Patty rataway - gawn. Time for plan b at the kookas. Solid win for the kennel yesterday... Young kids leading the charge. Next few weeks will see a few teams sniffing 3 rd with a bit of luck... Good comp

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Patty rataway - gawn. Time for plan b at the kookas. Solid win for the kennel yesterday... Young kids leading the charge. Next few weeks will see a few teams sniffing 3 rd with a bit of luck... Good comp

Gawn hey, i doubt very much!!
I would be questioning your source before jumping on a forum making a tool of yourself.

I would be questioning your source before jumping on a forum making a tool of yourself.

Rumour has it, that once it was confirmed you could not play in a snuggie, the big fella went walkabout... not sure if these blokes were on the bus from Upwey to Warby?

riewoldt-bus-trip-729-420x0.jpg

Rumour has it, that once it was confirmed you could not play in a snuggie, the big fella went walkabout... not sure if these blokes were on the bus from Upwey to Warby?

Those blokes look far classier than anyone who was on either bus!

Might add that it is a super tradition for us and is something that all players look forward to (though I'm not sure the publicans from the Wesburn and Launching Place pubs share those sentiments).

just noticed on the side menu that some bloke kicked 42 goals on the weekend Wtf:eek:
I thought the same but when you click on more at the bottom and then on the link to the game you find his team only kicked 13 of which he scored 4

This just has to be the prototype for our new coach's box at Gembrook. I need to speak to the Prez and the Senior Coach asap!!!!!

917537-chris.jpg

Just wanted to change tack for a minute here, has there ever been a more thorough gentlemen in YV footy than umpire Colin Thompson ?

My young bloke played U10s against Upwey on Sunday morning, and in Col walks to take charge and have a chat with the kids. He informs us that this is his 1st ever U10s match, and will be looking out for different things such as sling tackles etc.

Spoke absolutely brilliantly with the boys before and during the game, explaining free kicks as they were paid. Always has the same terrific demeanour and I just though it was worth highlighting, especially as we are all pretty quick to get on here and bash the umps at times.

Good stuff Colly, another 500 left in you surely !!! U10s might end up becoming your prefernece too, much easier to get around lol

Just wanted to change tack for a minute here, has there ever been a more thorough gentlemen in YV footy than umpire Colin Thompson ?

My young bloke played U10s against Upwey on Sunday morning, and in Col walks to take charge and have a chat with the kids. He informs us that this is his 1st ever U10s match, and will be looking out for different things such as sling tackles etc.

Spoke absolutely brilliantly with the boys before and during the game, explaining free kicks as they were paid. Always has the same terrific demeanour and I just though it was worth highlighting, especially as we are all pretty quick to get on here and bash the umps at times.

Good stuff Colly, another 500 left in you surely !!! U10s might end up becoming your prefernece too, much easier to get around lol

Yeah nice bloke Col always says g'day.Had old Bill at Gembrook in the Ressies on Saturday.Nice bloke too.Bloody hell how many games has he umpired.A few blokes could learn some manners on how they talk to people from these blokes.We are all in it for the same thing.Get together with your mates and have some fun.Of course if you win a flag or two along the way its even better.:):)

Not named again looks like it is you that is the tool!:thumbsu:

See Stephen Kidd has been cleared to Gembrook. Ex premiership captain of Narre Warren. Let us guess he has a twin brother playing at Gembrook.:)

Not named again looks like it is you that is the tool!:thumbsu:

See Stephen Kidd has been cleared to Gembrook. Ex premiership captain of Narre Warren. Let us guess he has a twin brother playing at Gembrook.:)

Dean Trohan coming back through the 2s this week finger. Your medical expertise was off a little ;)

Dean Trohan coming back through the 2s this week finger. Your medical expertise was off a little ;)

Obviously had favourable reports on the injury of late as he was adamant that he wouldn't return. Mustn't be to good you'd have to say if he's in the twos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back