YVMDFL- Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
A couple of questions:

Is a player (sent off or otherwise) allowed to approach the umpires at a break? I thought it was only the captain who could.

Finger, what is your assessment of Olinda? I saw them the week before and thought they were pretty good in the second half. Their future looks fairly bright.

V8petrol head, do you think division 1 is weak? I would suggest that with it being so close that it's the healthiest it's been for a while.

I think it has dropped off a lot from last year LK. The top sides seem to be well under done compared to past years. I don;t know what did it, but the top sides all lost heaps and it shows.

I will have 1 more say on this topic - then will move on with footy talk. Need to clear up a few points.

Syrus - I would have said all this to his face if he walked in rooms but wasn't given the opportunity. A lot of people dirty on this bloke and i am one of them - the next time i speak of this topic will be with him in person.

Hump - Well respected???? Will agree to disagree. I do however agree with you on Mick Walker - it wasnt him and Mick is a great fella.

Jnr02 - No player can approach the umpires at a break unless he is the captain.

Backhoe - The player in question caused the injury and followed up with punches whilst he lay injured on the ground.

The Wall - I wont even bother - the what happens on the field stays on it is ok when it is played hard and fair - the cheap nastys went out in the 80's.

General Points

No need to name him - that's not what my post was about. My post was about letting this 1 person know that what he did was ordinary and that when we see him next - we will raise it with him. In fact all this name/alias talk - when this becomes a forum with everyone's real name - i will be happy to partcipate.

This has nothing to do with the relationship between the two clubs or the Kookas so any talk trying to realte it to this is rubbish. The clubs share a fantastic relationship. This has to do with weak acts by 1 person. End of story.

I wont comment on this any more however will stand by my original post - ordinary actions by 1 ordinary bloke. Lets get on with the honest & fair footy.

You have no idea at all do you? Mick Walker is one of the most respected players in the comp for the way he plays the game.
Haha, I don't personally know Mick Walker and have nothing negative to say about him as a person, I just know his record has been a little spotty over the years. My post was more to clear up the fact that it wasn't him than anything else, so easy tiger.

I actually know NOTHING about the suspended player in question, never even heard his name before. What's the story? New recruit? Can't be that much of a recruit if he is as old as I've been led to believe, haha!

A couple of questions:

Is a player (sent off or otherwise) allowed to approach the umpires at a break? I thought it was only the captain who could.

Finger, what is your assessment of Olinda? I saw them the week before and thought they were pretty good in the second half. Their future looks fairly bright.

V8petrol head, do you think division 1 is weak? I would suggest that with it being so close that it's the healthiest it's been for a while.

Olinda come finals time when the grounds are firm (please not Gembrook) will be all over the flag race. Play a very good style of footy and there kids aren't intimidated a bit.

Sounds like the league may make a few dollars on this weeks DVD Taping. How do I get a copy of the Gembrook v Warby Game? Sounds like every one needs to cool off a little. Good weather for it - maybe head to the snow!

General Points
No need to name him - that's not what my post was about. My post was about letting this 1 person know that what he did was ordinary and that when we see him next - we will raise it with him.

RHT - if it is as you say it was I would name him. I wasnt at the game but I did check in with Foo & Leo for updates on the radio with their other 60,000 listeners & they named the player who was sent off. They clearly thought the actions of this player cost Warby the game being 1 down for a long period of time.

RHT - if it is as you say it was I would name him. I wasnt at the game but I did check in with Foo & Leo for updates on the radio with their other 60,000 listeners & they named the player who was sent off. They clearly thought the actions of this player cost Warby the game being 1 down for a long period of time.

Cagga, the problem is Red Hot Tip is the same bloke who doesnt think its windy at Gembrook.

I too was listening to the game on the Radio. The guys do a great job and did not seem to get that excited about the incident. They way they called it, the player in question tackled a Gembrook player fairly and may have even received a free kick. Other players came into remonstrate and a scuffle broke out. The umpire started to pull out his yellow cards and commentators thought that a player from each team might receive one. Free kicked was reversed with a 50m penalty and a Warby player sent off. Game continued, and Gembrook won in a thriller.

l was at the gembrook game and the Warbyguy did'nt win a lot of friends even from his own club.To belt a bloke when hes down on the ground with a dislocated shoulder,well not too many heroics in that.We all have done things in the heat of the moment but to brag about is pretty weak.Not one of the greatest acts l have seen in sport.Have a good look at your behaviour old son:thumbsdown:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

l was at the gembrook game and the Warbyguy did'nt win a lot of friends even from his own club.To belt a bloke when hes down on the ground with a dislocated shoulder,well not too many heroics in that.We all have done things in the heat of the moment but to brag about is pretty weak.Not one of the greatest acts l have seen in sport.Have a good look at your behaviour old son:thumbsdown:

Of course you were there. Guess you were also behind the goals when Roccas kick got given a point and also on the boundry line when Harmes tapped into Sheldon. You werent around when Kennedy got shot were you?

Haha, I don't personally know Mick Walker and have nothing negative to say about him as a person, I just know his record has been a little spotty over the years. My post was more to clear up the fact that it wasn't him than anything else, so easy tiger.

I actually know NOTHING about the suspended player in question, never even heard his name before. What's the story? New recruit? Can't be that much of a recruit if he is as old as I've been led to believe, haha!

Wouldn't have played against a fairer footballer personally !!!

Hump17 wondering if you could fill those that weren't there (all 5 of us by the sounds of it) on your version of events. Much in it? Because depending on who you listen to it was either bugger all or an act lower than shark s**t.

Hump17 wondering if you could fill those that weren't there (all 5 of us by the sounds of it) on your version of events. Much in it? Because depending on who you listen to it was either bugger all or an act lower than shark s**t.
My good old Warby contact tells me it was not quite as bad as some say, although he should have kept his gob shut after it.
And it wasn't Walker.
His initials are BM

Brendan Murphy previously from h'ville (enough said) and chirnside, my sources also tell me not a lot in it, but were also keen warby supporters so not sure what you take from that! very impressive last quarter by the mounters on sun seem to be getting it together

Brendan Murphy previously from h'ville (enough said) and chirnside, my sources also tell me not a lot in it, but were also keen warby supporters so not sure what you take from that! very impressive last quarter by the mounters on sun seem to be getting it together

Thanks dalts, naming the bloke on a public forum could make for an interesting conversation point if he lines up next to you in a fortnight.........

Nice threat. That helped. :thumbsdown:

Who's threatening? Im just making an observation, couldn't care less what happened last weekend at gembrook or what happens with whoever was involved in the future. Frankly the level of ducks and drakes that has gone on and the hysteria that has followed from some sections on here has been laughable.

Who's threatening? Im just making an observation, couldn't care less what happened last weekend at gembrook or what happens with whoever was involved in the future. Frankly the level of ducks and drakes that has gone on and the hysteria that has followed from some sections on here has been laughable.

Oh dear... Surely Cole Your statement was nothing more than fact. I suppose we can't all pump up col thompsons tyres (on side note he also has a wonderful tan, must eat a lot of carrots). The ongoing hysteria about names on here is ridiculous. If b Murphy needs a forum to gee him up, perhaps he should give it all away... Dalts, did old timer sense some head wobbling on Tuesday night training... Howie pretty happy to impersonate an icy pole I have been told.

To the d*ckhead using my name on this forum, how about you get a life and stop hiding behind someone else name and use your own name you soft c*ck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back