Zac Dawson cops a whack

Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 21, 2010
Sydney
AFL Club
Geelong
News that the Ten Network would not be involved in the broadcast of AFL matches next year sparked a strong online reaction from footy fans, and one current player was even moved to quickly dispatch analyst Robert Walls to the commentating scrapheap.
St Kilda's Zac Dawson responded to the official confirmation - and the prospect that Robert Walls would not be seen on our screens from 2012 - by lambasting the expert commentator.
"Channel ten not showing the footy next year!.. Finally robert 'sourpuss' walls is out of a job. Thank God!.. karma is a b*tch buddy," Dawson posted.
But the official Twitter page of Channel 10's digital station, OneHD, responded with the message: "@zacd—6 How about you just worry about getting a kick mate...looks like we'll both be out of the AFL next year."
The network's response to Dawson was deleted soon after it was published.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...r-crossfire-20110623-1ghp6.html#ixzz1Q6sPA7wl

I have to say I agree with Zac Dawson.
But you have seriously been bitchslapped with that reply.
Play with matches and you're gunna get burnt.

I wonder who wrote the onehd tweet?????? Pretty funny though he wont be laughing too much now I wouldn't think.

That is hilarious on both accounts. Amazingly unprofessional by Dawson, you actually need to be a decent player to run your mouth off like that.

Wasn't surprised when I read it.

Wallsy absolutely smashes Dawson every time they cover our games.

Obviously, Zac makes some hideous mistakes from time to time (I still think he's unfairly maligned, but that's another story) but Wallsy just goes to task on him over everything and anything, it borders on ridiculous sometimes.

Completely understand why Zac would hate him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wallsy obviously isn't the greatest.

But how incredibly immature of Dawson to be celebrating a decision that will lead to so many Ch 10 staff losing their jobs - both in front and behind the camera - just cause he got potted a few times by Wallsy.

Awwww... poor diddums!

Dawson's always seemed to me a bit of a prick on the field. And this is evidence he's a bit of a prick off it too.

And by the way, to anyone who thinks that was a good call from Dawson - between Walls' playing, coaching and media careers, he's enjoyed one of the most successful AFL careers in history. Even without Ch10, he'll still be everywhere. If "Karma" exists, then Walls must be an angel.

Karma's not a bitch, Zac. You are.

I'm sure Walls is very distraught listening to a quality and well respected player like Zac Dawson. :eek:
What's scary is that Barrett announced on the Footy Show that the Saints are yet to sign up Dawson beyond this year but there are several other suitors :eek:
**** me, who would be desperate and stupid enough to take him?

Wallsy obviously isn't the greatest.

But how incredibly immature of Dawson to be celebrating a decision that will lead to so many Ch 10 staff losing their jobs - both in front and behind the camera - just cause he got potted a few times by Wallsy.

Awwww... poor diddums!

Dawson's always seemed to me a bit of a prick on the field. And this is evidence he's a bit of a prick off it too.

And by the way, to anyone who thinks that was a good call from Dawson - between Walls' playing, coaching and media careers, he's enjoyed one of the most successful AFL careers in history. Even without Ch10, he'll still be everywhere. If "Karma" exists, then Walls must be an angel.

Karma's not a bitch, Zac. You are.
Agree with all of that:thumbsu:

A bit dissapointing by Dawson. The Saints really do not need anymore media attention brought to them.

If he is going to take to heart and react to every piece of critism he receives, he is going to find it very tough. I understand he has copped a lot in his time and plenty from Walls, however he has to grow up and not respond to it especially considering St Kilda's current situation.

The funny thing is, Robert Walls in his prime would have destroyed Zac Dawson on the field just like Anthony Rocca did. Even at age 60, Walls has (directly or indirectly, depending on if he was involved in the replying tweet or not) owned him off the field here too.

Maybe Dawson should get a run in the ruck, to try and earn a contract for next year? ;)

both are right

god dawson is a shittruck though, worst player getting a regular game in the league

if he didn't have 17 players helping him out every marking contest he'd get 10 kicked on him every week

Remove this Banner Ad

Zac Dawson cops a whack

Remove this Banner Ad

Back