Zac Dawson taunts Buddy Franklin

Remove this Banner Ad

Zac Dawson tells Buddy Franklin: I'm waiting
Al Paton
July 19, 2010 1:46PM

Zac is playing with fire, I hope he knows what he is doing. It certainly is great to see that Zac isn't intimidated by the powerful Hawk forward, I just hope it doesn't backfire for him and results in a media frenzy where the Saints are crucified yet again.

The only way for it is for Zac to beat him.

If you are going to talk the talk, you must walk the walk.

Didn't think there's too much to this TBH Kildonan, just a bit of banter between ex team mates who are supposedly good mates.

I guess the point is the HUN etc will blow it out of all proportion as per usual.

I do agree with you it is playing with fire though, puts pressure on Zac to "walk the walk" as you said.

It may only be banter between a couple of mates but not sure it is wise for Dawson to be baiting Buddy.

As a defender you're better off just saying nothing and not giving your opponents any extra motivation or ammunition. Just look at what happened when Dawson tried to stir up Hall in the NAB Cup final.

It's not like Zac has been in great form or has a guaranteed spot in the team either. Needs to let his actions do the talking before he starts mouthing off.

I realise its just a bit of mucking around between mates, but given the recent relationship Saints have had with the press, if Buddy kicks 5 then its all Zac's doing :eek:

Wonder if Zac mentioned Buddy's dental bills...?

557496.jpg

Surely buddy is more scared of somebody else??

[YOUTUBE]ndG6_1ZFBLA[/YOUTUBE]

Also the Varcoe one possibly better the other week.

Notice how buddy gets away with it against Essendon and he's a superstar.

Run and bounce by yourself like that against a good team you get punished.

They're best mates

Zac sent to Buddy, one other Hawks team mate mentiones it in passing in an interview.

You'll find Zac and Buddy hang out a fair bit in their spare time. FFS who cares.

Big whoop...

I think regardless if wether Zac sent Buddy a text or not, what will be playing on Buddy,s mind more will be the fact that Zac knocked out his tooth and kept him goaless last year, the Hawks are up for this match, i am not 100% sure if Zac and Buddy are as close as people say but at the end of the day its Buddy that has a point to prove after what Zac did last year...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think regardless if wether Zac sent Buddy a text or not, what will be playing on Buddy,s mind more will be the fact that Zac knocked out his tooth and kept him goaless last year, the Hawks are up for this match, i am not 100% sure if Zac and Buddy are as close as people say but at the end of the day its Buddy that has a point to prove after what Zac did last year...

Don't know how close they are, but it was pretty clear after the last game that Zac didn't mean to knock out the tooth and Buddy joked about it a bit and ( while he seemed disapointed about his tooth) didn't seem upset at Zac.
I don't think they have any animosity and any banter before the game is purely at a mucking about level.

Has Dawson actually ever beaten anyone in his career so far?

One of his earliest games for StKilda was a clear pantsing of your man Barry Hall. Hopefully he can repeat this effort again this year ( though the well documented sickness and weight loss during the pre-season has made him a bit less competative against stronger opposition this year. )

There have been others. He had a very good year in 2009.

Consider yourself educated.

Don't know how close they are, but it was pretty clear after the last game that Zac didn't mean to knock out the tooth and Buddy joked about it a bit and ( while he seemed disapointed about his tooth) didn't seem upset at Zac.
I don't think they have any animosity and any banter before the game is purely at a mucking about level.

Even if Buddy did come out and kick a bag on Zac if he plays on him it still doesn't guarantee us a win, i personally rather a win and Buddy kicks 1 goal rather than Buddy kicks a bag and we still lose...

Better not make a mountain out of a molehill

a bit of friendly banter between mates is all...hope Zac repeats the effort he made against Buddy last year

Michael Osborne.

You're taking this way too seriously.
I'm expressing my opinion that those texts should not be thrown into the public arena. To accuse someone of taking things way too seriously on this forum is a ludicrous notion Nearly everything on BF is taken way too seriously.

Better not make a mountain out of a molehill

a bit of friendly banter between mates is all...hope Zac repeats the effort he made against Buddy last year
It's not now, the fact that there is a thread about here proves otherwise.

Remove this Banner Ad

Zac Dawson taunts Buddy Franklin

Remove this Banner Ad

Back