Recommitted Zach Merrett [Re-Signed til 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

I mean with Selwood close to retirement and some other older players the same i agree we could fit merrett in the cap.

Not sure why we would spend a big chunk of our cap on midfield where we are well stocked though-if we bring in someone on big $ a quality ruckman to replace stanley would make more sense from a list needs point of view.

If Selwood plays on, I cant see is fitting him in.. we have alot of player that we be on reasonable money... and the three we added last year took multiple years to save for. Id be surprised if he lands at Geelong if we do not lose a high priced player

That is all down to interpretation and opinion but I’d relook at half of those if said players at Essendon were allowed to be fit which was my premise all along.

Understand the body of work shown obviously showcases what has been achieved but I’m looking at what if’s.

Bar Dusty who will go down as one of the all time greats, the guys you suggest isn’t much difference.
I mean Cotch for all his wonderful achievements has one AA (back in 2021 ironically same year as Heppell), Lynch for all the who ha has one AA the same as Joe. I could go on.

Obviously the major underlying difference is a bloke called Martin but the top end of the two isn’t that different imho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cotchin, Jack Riewoldt & Rance would probably be locks for the Hall of Fame, I'd say Shane Edwards to but people outside of Richmond supporters don't seem to rate him as high as we do.

Was pretty happy after the game last night loved playing along side Caldwell he said.

Back in the leadership group,enjoying his footy

Good signs for Essendon keeping him imo
if the Cats game was any indication of the year to come, can see him extending very soon & being named captain for 2022 (clock on Heppell being best 22, let alone captain, is ticking).

None that we know of, they're born and bred in Cobden and a pretty close knit family unit..
Brother plays for Peel.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brother plays for Peel.
Cool.

Still doesn't change Lores point we don't know why.

Learn to follow posts.

Poster 1: Merrett is brother in WA
Poster 2: I don't about that but his family are pretty close and live in country Victoria
Me: Jackson Merrett plays for Peel Thunder.
Learn to read posts.

Poster 1: What connection do the Merrett's have to WA, why has Jackson come here?
What connection do the Merretts have to WA, what had Jackson come here to play?

The Eagles could use him
Poster 2: None that we know of (ie Lore doesnt know why Jackson has come to WA)
None that we know of, they're born and bred in Cobden and a pretty close knit family unit..
You: Jackson plays for Peel.

Me: That doesn't change Lores point (ie she never said he wasn't in WA only that she didn't know why)

You: Allow me to make an ass out of myself.

Learn to read posts.

Poster 1: What connection do the Merrett's have to WA, why has Jackson come here?

Poster 2: None that we know of (ie Lore doesnt know why Jackson has come to WA)

You: Jackson plays for Peel.

Me: That doesn't change Lores point (ie she never said he wasn't in WA only that she didn't know why)

You: Allow me to make an ass out of myself.
lol

on holiday to see his brother.

Only trolling.

Merrett will stay at the Bombs unless you guys are bottom 3 and Essendon might make the decision to take the compo.

I think he'll stay likes the way how Rutten coaches.

Don't think he clicked with Worsfold as with Rutten he's more direct/hands on type coach. Merret the type that likes to get feed back always looking for ways to improve his game a footy nut

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Recommitted Zach Merrett [Re-Signed til 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back