Ziebell 'Kneeing' - Cleared by the Tribunal

Remove this Banner Ad

Conca should have known better than to take on a real man.

Ziebell is lucky his knee did no real damage. Conca was prone on his back, and the thug lifts him to slam him on the ground then deliberately drops the knee to his face, he is just so uncoordinated it was a glancing hit.

He should have been sent straight to the tribunal and given 4 weeks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bet you heard that line a lot in the "big house".

Ziebell is lucky his knee did no real damage. Conca was prone on his back, and the thug lifts him to slam him on the ground then deliberately drops the knee to his face, he is just so uncoordinated it was a glancing hit.

He should have been sent straight to the tribunal and given 4 weeks.
Good point. Except for the part where you wrote words.

His right leg got taken out by Conca, hence the drop. And when JZ dropped, his knee landed on Conca's shoulder and slid to the side of his head. Conca didn't react, the players around him didn't react and the umpire didn't report him. Not a "slam" as you said. Nor did he knee him in the face. Was careless, if anything, but I challenge that it wasn't even that.

But hey, you keep up the catastrophising. Heard that that type of thinking is great for your health!

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

That beacon of consistency and correct decisions.
Of course not, but I don’t think they are Richmond fans are they?

Do you think they are always right?
Not even close, they have some howlers, Mitchell’s elbow to Goldie’s head a recent and obvious error. I don’t think I am always right either, could have this wrong, just my opinion on the incident.

But I was replying to your comment that only Richmond supporters think it’s worth a week. The governing body appointed to rule on these things also think it’s worth a week and I would think the loyalties of the two in question would lean more to Collingwood and Geelong than Richmond.

You don’t agree?

If Ziebell meant to harm Conca, then Conca would still be unconscious.

Anyway, no big surprises that you lot reckon Michael Christian is a good adjudicator.

It sits comfortably in line with the rest of your cluelessness.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good point. Except for the part where you wrote words.

His right leg got taken out by Conca, hence the drop. And when JZ dropped, his knee landed on Conca's shoulder and slid to the side of his head. Conca didn't react, the players around him didn't react and the umpire didn't report him. Not a "slam" as you said. Nor did he knee him in the face. Was careless, if anything, but I challenge that it wasn't even that.

But hey, you keep up the catastrophising. Heard that that type of thinking is great for your health!

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

What a crock.

The thug, picked conca up and then dropped to 1. Slam conca on the ground and 2. To knee him in the head.

How you dont see that is a real worry

If Ziebell meant to harm Conca, then Conca would still be unconscious.

Anyway, no big surprises that you lot reckon Michael Christian is a good adjudicator.

It sits comfortably in line with the rest of your cluelessness.

As long as nobody is knocked out, play on...

Christian has proven to be terrible, doesn’t mean he didn’t luck the correct call on this one...

Have an opinion different to mine then you must be clueless...

Who says people can’t be objective and reasonable on big footy.

I wonder if North supporters would have the same response if Alex Rance were to do something like that to a NM player? He wouldn’t be a dog would he?

Most of us were fine with Burton getting off his report even those he ‘chose to bump’ and the result was Higgins getting knocked into next week.

If Rance Cotchin or any other player in the league done this I would consider it a free kick, not a suspension.

I'll be honest, it looks deliberate as, maybe he didn't mean to get him in the head but he certainly deliberately slammed him into the ground.

That said Selwood got off because Thomas was pulling down on him, don't see how this is any different.

Also struggle to understand how Parker gets off for something that was far worse (yes yes he was going for the ball but duty of care etc) yet Ziebell gets a week?

I think if we just had black and white rules we would get more consistency

I was furious Richmond didn't challenge the joke of the Caddy suspension. Clearly contesting the ball, **** all in it.

Mitchell had to get on a step ladder BEHIND PLAY to clip Goldy, gets a slap.

I am glad North are challenging this. Yes it's a knee, but there is basically no impact. Joke of a ruling.

Well done North, good luck.

Chrisso, your rulings all year have been a joke.

I was furious Richmond didn't challenge the joke of the Caddy suspension. Clearly contesting the ball, **** all in it.

Mitchell had to get on a step ladder BEHIND PLAY to clip Goldy, gets a slap.

I am glad North are challenging this. Yes it's a knee, but there is basically no impact. Joke of a ruling.

Well done North, good luck.

Chrisso, your rulings all year have been a joke.

Surprised they didn't challenge the Caddy ban but let's be serious, it was an extremely crude and poor attempt to spoil the ball and he smashed Mackay in the face who sat out the rest of the game with concussion.

Was always gonna get a week but now the AFL are walking this fine line of illegal hits being disguised as football acts having the potential to get off.

Couldn't believe that Ray paid a free at the time let alone him copping a week for it
The free I kind of get as Ziebell was fairly careless, but the suspension was just plain overkill.

Surprised Conca got up. It's possible Ziebell "pulled" the movement a little and didn't deliver with full force.

His poor tribunal record does nothing to convince me it was some sort of accident.

Remove this Banner Ad

Ziebell 'Kneeing' - Cleared by the Tribunal

Remove this Banner Ad

Back