Usage for hash tag: lovethisclub

1. goyoucatters

Opinion The I Was Wrong thread- Where Tom Atkins posts go to die

...list, combined with a pick 41, pick 63 and pick 86 as well. So, in keeping with the spirit of this thread, there are a stack of recruiters out there who were very, very wrong about those six players when they were routinely passed over by them before being snapped up by the Cats. #lovethisclub
  2. goyoucatters

Preview How do you see the Cats 2024 Finals going?

...of us hoisting the cup in a month or so, the very fact that we're going to roll into September (yet again) with meaningful finals to play is almost unbelievable in my view. He's the cheat code par excellence when it comes to extracting the very best from the very least. #onyascotty #lovethisclub
  3. goyoucatters

Prediction How will the Geelong Cats fare in season 2024?

...find a compelling way to make the best of it. And his 'making the best of it' is then regularly capable of troubling the best that any other club can ever muster. He really is insanely good at this coaching caper, as his long-term CV clearly shows. #whatanappointmentwaybackwhen #lovethisclub
  4. goyoucatters

Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

It's never happening, I know. Let's face it, even one genuine gun at that 'price point' is exceptional. And the most recent example going around across the comp right now is on our list! #lovethisclub
  5. goyoucatters

Resource The 'not worthy of a thread of its own' thread

Absolutely. Just goes to show how many more people have pets these days... #justjoking #proudofourprogress #lovethisclub
  6. goyoucatters

Resource The 'not worthy of a thread of its own' thread

...to have these insights. And it is also a great reminder of the seriously quality people we have involved in running this club. Hock is a fantastic operator and is clearly across so much and really invested in making the GFC the very best it can be. #wearegeelong #thegreatestteamofall...
  7. goyoucatters

Autopsy Cats lose to Dogs by 25 points.

That second table is staggering. We are seriously a whole generation 'better' than the rest of the competition at remaining relevant. #wearegeelong #lovethisclub
  8. goyoucatters

Leonidas Wish

...when he was asked about the three greatest lessons he had learned in life. He went with: 1. Be kind. 2. Be kind. 3. Be kind. So delighted that an elite sporting environment like the GFC can still be a place where this quality is practiced. Long may it last... #stayclassygeelong #lovethisclub
  9. goyoucatters

Rumour GFC 2023 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt1

...them has just turned 25, with the other three being 21 or younger. I totally understand that they may not all become quality contributors for the club. Still, that's a thoroughly insane haul for any team in an off-season. And it's absolute madness for a club that just won the flag...
  10. goyoucatters

List Mgmt. Welcome to Geelong, Ollie Henry

...the continuity of this now that is really enhancing our attractiveness to players (and staff) across the comp. If you're good enough for long enough, it really starts to make a difference in the marginal calls people make about where to invest their futures. Stay classy, Catters...
  11. goyoucatters

Rumour GFC 2022 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists PT2

...trust the GFC to make the right decision about what to do with this pick. What's more notable for me is the level of quality management you have to demonstrate across the board at a club to win the flag and still end up with pick 7 in the same year's draft. That is truly phenomenal...
Back