Usage for hash tag: stayclassygeelong

1. goyoucatters

Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

...still believe Geelong will be the adult through it all and will eventually give up more than we think is fair to ensure the deal gets done. The Dogs will then celebrate their 'victory' and Bailey and the Cats will walk away as the real winners. #itshowweroll #justlikethejezstory...
  2. goyoucatters

...to some on here, at least) to ensure that the deal gets done. And like a number of other deals that just about caused this board to entirely melt down when they were transacted, I believe whatever cost we pay will ultimately end up being absolutely worth it. #iwwt #imwt #stayclassygeelong
  3. goyoucatters

Absolutely. You 'sell the farm' (for the umpteenth time), this board explodes with the outrage of vociferous disaffected posters, and the GFC blithely moves on to its next season of perennially contending. #cultureiseverything #stayclassygeelong
  4. goyoucatters

Unless Laws requests it, I see it as unacceptable under any circumstances. Culture-killer of the highest order. #stayclassygeelong
  5. goyoucatters

Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2024, Part I

...on how football clubs should operate in the AFL era. We basically get nothing more than begrudging acceptance of our perennial relevance from the vast majority of the footy hacks. And I can definitively say that's entirely fine with me. #nevercarewhattheysay #onlycarehowweplay #stayclassygeelong
  6. goyoucatters

News Tyson Stengle taken to hospital Saturday night

...to excess. I trust the club to get it right from here in how they handle the matter. But it is a really bad look for Tys on the back of recently signing a long-term deal at the Cattery. Hopefully this is the reset he needs to get back to better habits for the journey ahead. #stayclassygeelong
  7. goyoucatters

Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 1

...know that we won't, though. We simply will not match the highest bids of others for players in real demand. We have never done it for any player in our recent era of success (no matter how prized their signature), and I certainly don't see us starting now. #thegreatestteamofall...
  8. goyoucatters

Rumour GFC 2023 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt II

...club was mostly fair and reasonable. On that basis, then, I'm fairly confident that we'll ultimately see the deal done without a great deal of fuss or fanfare. And for precious little improvement (if any) on the original offer we received. #airsava #stillscheduledfortakeoff #stayclassygeelong
  9. goyoucatters

...out against the Saints, I thought of my son's years of following the hoops. He's 16 and there's only been one season in his life before this one where the Cats weren't relevant going into the finals series. Quite an adjustment for us all, really. #amazingclub #amazingride #stayclassygeelong
  10. goyoucatters

It's just how we roll. Always valuing players and the final outcome over the perceived 'fairness' of the deal. And, as much as it's frustrating to a degree to get worked over every single time, I'm ultimately quite satisfied with our approach. #stayclassygeelong
  11. goyoucatters

Joel Selwood and Scott Pendlebury – A comparison (AKA The AFL fixture system is an unfunny joke)

...media have done such a good job peddling their narrative on this issue that we even have a bunch of our own supporters believing that the club still explicitly requests to play home games at the 'G every season. #simplynottrue #thecoachwasright #aflthatssomefurphyyourerunning #stayclassygeelong
  12. goyoucatters

Preview Round 19: Geelong V Brisbane, Battle of the Cats - Sat 22nd July 4:35pm @ GABBA

...the staffers in the end. Admirable effort from him, no doubt. Overall, it was well worth attending, considering the time the players gave to the supporters afterwards. And my ten cents based on what we saw would be that it's Tuohy in for Rohan, with Oisin to be sub once again...
  13. goyoucatters

Rumour GFC 2023 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt1

...other clubs get involved in raising the stakes, we'll accept 'unders' for Rata to ensure he lands on his feet at his next club. Cue mild hysteria from some on here, and an ongoing admiration from players across the comp for how the GFC conducts itself in these negotiations. #stayclassygeelong
  14. goyoucatters

Leonidas Wish

...when he was asked about the three greatest lessons he had learned in life. He went with: 1. Be kind. 2. Be kind. 3. Be kind. So delighted that an elite sporting environment like the GFC can still be a place where this quality is practiced. Long may it last... #stayclassygeelong #lovethisclub
  15. goyoucatters

Injury 2023 injury thread

...players themselves would be very supportive of this approach. And, despite the inevitable frustration that goes with delays like this one, I'm entirely comfortable with what the GFC consistently does to put the welfare of their own players before the perceived needs of the team...
  16. goyoucatters

VFL VFL 2023 - Geelong & the greater league

Works both ways, that. Lingy brings something positive to the environment down there, no doubt. But it's clear that the former skipper also loves being around the place and that he receives plenty out of staying associated with the GFC on a weekly basis. Win-win. #stayclassygeelong
  17. goyoucatters

List Mgmt. Max Holmes, Mark O’Connor, Ollie Dempsey, Shannon Neale, and Toby Conway have all inked new deals to extend their time at Kardinia Park.

Absolutely. And despite all the speculation about how keen he would/should be to depart, he continues to show every sign of wanting to stay at what is a very impressive football club. #stayclassygeelong
  18. goyoucatters

Rumour GFC 2022 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists PT2

...in here before. Apologies if so... Geelong's 2022 premiership team had two players drafted before pick 20 by the Cats. If you want a read on how our club goes in today's draft/trade/FA space, I think that is incredibly compelling data. #beatthesystem #whynotsmashthesystem #stayclassygeelong
Back