Rumour GFC 2023 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cal Twomey on SEN saying Port will need to get creative with their first rounder from next year. They will need to split it to get all their deals done.

He says Rata is worth a pick in the early 20s and Duursma won't be part of the deal. Expect a lot of "haggling" on this one.

Again, nothing on Archie Perkins, hasn't met Geelong. It's just a Twitter rumour
Probably true, but Twomey is an Essendon fan and Perkins cheerleader. Written many puff piece articles about him in the past.

He's not exactly going to paint him in a negative light.

Plus, I can't remember Twomey ever breaking any news of relevancy. I genuinely can't. He's a draft guy and that's it, he's as bad as McClure/Browne when it comes to trades and FA.

Cal Twomey on SEN saying Port will need to get creative with their first rounder from next year. They will need to split it to get all their deals done.

He says Rata is worth a pick in the early 20s and Duursma won't be part of the deal. Expect a lot of "haggling" on this one.

Again, nothing on Archie Perkins, hasn't met Geelong. It's just a Twitter rumour
SEN's Adelaide man, Kym Dillon said this last night, “Duursma is out of contract – you have to give something to get something. I would strongly suggest Xavier Duursma would be going to Geelong to replace the retired Isaac Smith on the wing.”

Cal also said on Rucks:

Goldy still to Essendon.
Lycett could go to a Melbourne club like North
Sweet at the Doggies ooc, has had a contract on the table from Dogs all year but wants more game time.
Flynn GWS - West Coast Interested.

I would really look at Sweet. He didn't play any AFL games this year, is 25 and can rotate with Conway/Stanley. I reckon he wouldn't cost much.

If Sweet wants more game time then he wont come to Geelong. He's worse than Stanley plus we will be getting as many games into Conway as we can

Whats interesting is he did not mention an impediment to Port trading their Fr1

Its seems report after report that Geelong is on the negative side of a projected trade outcome. Port will have to split their pick and etc etc... haggle etc etc basically geelong takes whatever left.

SEN's Adelaide man, Kym Dillon said this last night, “Duursma is out of contract – you have to give something to get something. I would strongly suggest Xavier Duursma would be going to Geelong to replace the retired Isaac Smith on the wing.”

He is wrong. OOC in 2024

I would almost guess if push came to shove that the Dees would just about give Grundy away for nothing.

He isn't wanted at all from them and they'd just be happy to move him on I reckon.

Still will obviously look to get a 2nd rounder or at least something back for him... But I honestly think they don't want a bar of him anymore.

Port can get Grundy and Sav without using next years first
i would imagine they will use up all draft selections this year and next except first pick though.
They would need to move a player for BZT though
obviously it will require other Clubs get involved

ie 37 and 43 to GC for 28
28, F2 and F3 to melb for Grundy and 24 ( values Grundy at around 30 similar to what Melb paid)
24 to cats for Sav

plenty of other variations involving other teams requiring future picks for next years FS and NGA

Its seems report after report that Geelong is on the negative side of a projected trade outcome. Port will have to split their pick and etc etc... haggle etc etc basically geelong takes whatever left.
It's just how we roll. Always valuing players and the final outcome over the perceived 'fairness' of the deal. And, as much as it's frustrating to a degree to get worked over every single time, I'm ultimately quite satisfied with our approach.

#stayclassygeelong

Port can get Grundy and Sav without using next years first
i would imagine they will use up all draft selections this year and next except first pick though.
They would need to move a player for BZT though
obviously it will require other Clubs get involved

ie 37 and 43 to GC for 28
28, F2 and F3 to melb for Grundy and 24 ( values Grundy at around 30 similar to what Melb paid)
24 to cats for Sav

plenty of other variations involving other teams requiring future picks for next years FS and NGA
I would have BZT as the lowest value of the 3. Not sure why Port is even chasing him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kym Dillion is a ****ing idiot.

No one this side of Horsham respects him

Also
Duursma isnt out of contract

2024 ooc

Duursma was unreal in his first year but hasn't kicked on for whatever reason.

Looks like injuries have not helped.

If he could get on top of that and find his best best and then improve on it he would be a great get.

I honestly haven't watched him closely enough to make an assessment on if he just lots it or injuries haven't allowed him a clear run at it.

14 games this year for Port and he has played in the last 7 (20 and 22 touches in the last two weeks) so looks locked into the side.

Only 23 years old... I'm keen now.

2019 - 19.6 disposals
2020 - 13.2
2021 - 18.8
2022 - 13.3
2023 - 15.9

Duursma was unreal in his first year but hasn't kicked on for whatever reason.

Looks like injuries have not helped.

If he could get on top of that and find his best best and then improve on it he would be a great get.

I honestly haven't watched him closely enough to make an assessment on if he just lots it or injuries haven't allowed him a clear run at it.

14 games this year for Port and he has played in the last 7 (20 and 22 touches in the last two weeks) so looks locked into the side.

Only 23 years old... I'm keen now.

2019 - 19.6 disposals
2020 - 13.2
2021 - 18.8
2022 - 13.3
2023 - 15.9
I don't know why his name is coming up but Port would not be letting him go willingly

Cal also said on Rucks:

Goldy still to Essendon.
Lycett could go to a Melbourne club like North
Sweet at the Doggies ooc, has had a contract on the table from Dogs all year but wants more game time.
Flynn GWS - West Coast Interested.

I would really look at Sweet. He didn't play any AFL games this year, is 25 and can rotate with Conway/Stanley. I reckon he wouldn't cost much.
Would be more than happy with Sweet as backup. And he may think he can get games at us ahead of Stanley.

I'd prefer Flynn purely because he's the right age and a FA so we wouldn't have to give anything up. We can't even afford to offload a pick in the 40's (this year or next) given how many list spot's we've got to fill.

Duursma is not ooc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back