News 2018 St Kilda Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

tbh i took 3 things out of it:
- peake likes to make excuses
- ross had too much influence across areas he should have had very little say in
- the structure of the football dept was ******* atrocious.

no list committee, so how did the TPP work, oh yeah thats right. it was completely ******.

as for peake whinging. what a bell end. he could have called out cyrils name. but more importantly he could have called out dangerfields name. dangerfield was exactly the type of player he liked and what ross would have loved in his midfield. why didnt he call out that name?

instead he's cherry picking the arguments to remove himself from criticism. the best thing we ever did was sack that guy. absolutely useless.

ross almost won us back to back flags. what did peake do? oh yeah thats right he burnt what was 3-4 drafts? its not like he's in trout territory either where we can do, he was solid, got the best out of later picks but burnt a number 1 pick. peake was literally the worst head recruiter we have had for more than 2-3 decades.
I don't know where to begin on this, so I won't.

The Peake article sounds fairly accurate, according to my recollections. He made some good choices that Pelican amd trout pissed away to engage in compromised drafts.

Cripps and McEvoy are premiership players, Stanley first ruck in a finals team, Lynch is a gun. Throw in Steven at pick 42 and his record is nowhere near as bad as some want to make out.

He didn't have anywhere near the early picks or strength of draft position his successors did. The fact Geelong snapped him up as soon as he left us speaks
volumes as to how he was rated by those who know the industry and anything about recruiting.

Finally, I saw the scathing message from RL, about the drafting of Tom Lynch. Said it all about RL's attitude to young players and obsession with control. I rated him as a coach, but he had all the charm of a suburban caravan park, particularly if he didn't rate someone.

As for keeping an eye on the future, he had all the vision of Stevie Wonder. RL wasn't there for the long haul. He wanted a flag, and there's nothing wrong with that.

In fact, It's good, but if you're assigning blame for our inability to jag that flag and our current predicament, list wise, you should start with him and move to Pelican and Trout next. Peake is a long way behind those three in the blame game queue.

Last edited:

Ahh, Gazza thought bubbles being reported as newsworthy. Go Fox Sports.

I listened to the segment in question. Nothing wrong with a bit of speculation I guess, because we definitely have to change something up. But he grouped our talls as listed in the article (Membrey, Battle, Bruce, Paddy) and then when comparing to Hawthorn said they have/had a small forward setup of Cyril, Poppy, Gunston and then 'a tall' (Roughy).

I don't think Gazza knows that Membrey is 5cm shorter than Gunston and Battle is the same height as him.

Story this morning on BJ, still disappointed not to be going around again. Would we consider bringing him in as a development coach? Wouldn't be surprised if taking the competitive pressure of playing away, he may settle down a bit and be handy at guiding the young kids... and he could always play alongside them at Sandy if he was still eager to have a run around...

Story this morning on BJ, still disappointed not to be going around again. Would we consider bringing him in as a development coach? Wouldn't be surprised if taking the competitive pressure of playing away, he may settle down a bit and be handy at guiding the young kids... and he could always play alongside them at Sandy if he was still eager to have a run around...

No from me

Saint Dan takes prestigious number, has 'point to prove’

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-11-...y-takes-prestigious-number-has-point-to-prove

"The physio staff and the fitness staff here have been first-rate with the program they're setting and the work they do to get you right," Hannebery said.

"That was a really attractive thing to come down here, with some of the injury battles that I'd experienced in recent years

Great to hear some more positive news coming out of Moorabbin
The news about Dunstan coming back earlier than required is also encouraging. Hopefully he has a big season

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’d take that ladder with a grain of salt.
Swans lose Rohan and Hannebery and drop 10 spots??
Ageing list also. I'm quite surprised Mcveigh, Jack and Grundy are still playing.

It also gives GC 4 wins, which is probably unlikely.

This is just a ladder based purely on laws of averages. (check the comments in the tweet from the author)

Very interesting (unpleasant) reading.
Shows why the coaches should not get to make all the final drafting decisions.
Also, interesting insight into how Ross treated the younger players, like Steven etc and why Lynch had to leave.
Cyril and Jack Darling would have made a bit of a difference to our team!

Almost sounds like Cyril tanked his interview.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back