Autopsy Round 7, 2020: Adelaide v St.Kilda *BYRNES DEBUT*

Remove this Banner Ad

Ryder is great when he is rucking the problem is he can't do much else same with Marshall. They can only play one its a waste having them both play
I’m Marshall’s biggest fan but if there is a better option forward I’d drop him. He will be playing though because there is no better option. My mum didn’t get on the list.

Ryder is great when he is rucking the problem is he can't do much else same with Marshall. They can only play one its a waste having them both play
How bloody good was Marshall last year? I want to see more of that instead of a slight increase in hit out effectiveness.

Marshalls influence around the ground last year is worth more than what Ryder brings.

Huge win made even bigger by having constant calls made against us all night.
Showed a lot of resilience - and to come out in the last quarter guns blazing to seal it was very good to see.
Well done boys

1595247421662.png

Alright which one of you did this?
Creepy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well disappointed during the game but on reflection we absorbed the pressure in the 3rd and should have won the qtr except for the appalling umpiring.
Adelaide have momentum and gets to within 9 points with 12 minutes to go.

From that moment we went up a gear and kicked the next three to ice the game.

Lets face it we would have won by 6 goal plus if it wasn't for the appalling umpiring.

I am satisfied. First win at that oval, first win v Crows for a decade.

Steele
Coff
Dougs
were all excellent.
Thought Gres worked his way into the game.
Jones started well but drifted out of it a bit.
Butler and Kent earned their pay. Lonie a bit hit and miss
Max doesn't get a go from the umpires but still kicked 2
Byrnes had an ordinary but part of a winning team good start.

Our pressure was good all game even when the Crows were in the ascendancy.

All the backline settling well and rarely get beaten. Walker was gifted everything from the maggots but Coff, Dougs, Snake and Wilkie, we look as good down back as we have in years.

Sat on the Crouches well, stopped the Crows run, and when they locked it in defended well.

Negatives.

Ronnie couldn't get near it
Ryder and Marshall doesn't work. However Ryders tap work in the 4th quarter was immense.
Seb is so out of form, was he doing a job on one of the Crouches?
Brad Hill, not a negative but going only in fits and starts.

Good win, would it be possible to win two at Adelaide in 5 days after not winning the previous 10?

Not doubting that. Nothing to do with what I said though. That just wouldn’t happen with elite mids. They read the ball better.

The Crouches are no slouches.

He wasn’t terrible to me. Marshall and Membrey were probably our worst
I didnt think so either, but he just isnt getting numbers to be really damaging.

Talking about Howard, despite the fact it gave away a 50 I like that he gave the umpire lip. It was clearly punching the ball before he even touched the player's arms and the umpiring was just ****ing us all night. I hope he gave it to him good.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back