Senior 2. Lachlan Cowan

Remove this Banner Ad

Liking this pick the more I read about it. While it seems like a position that we are well-stocked in, adding a genuine defender might end up having flow on effects on the team (e.g. releasing Doc further up the ground, sending McGov back forward). Seems to have been highly rated, so look forward to seeing what he brings

Welcome to Carlton
Maybe even a year or two of development

A slingshot style rebounding defender with weaponous long kicking, and athleticism which is relevant both offensively and defensively.

STRENGTHS:

• Athleticism
  • Consistency
  • Intercept marking
  • Leadership
  • Long kicking
  • Rebounding

IMPROVEMENTS:

• Short kicking
  • Versatility

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pumped about this. A type we need imo. Thought he’d go no later than early 20s.
Kind of crazy he went so late. Must be a deep draft or maybe teams not wanting to waste an early pick on a player who might be coming back to Tassie in 4 years.

A Tasmanian half back flanker? Finally, a successor to Marcus Davies!!!

All right… I’ll show myself out.

seen this kid a lot through juniors. tough and mature and can kick it like a mule. will be a very good player and will handle the step up. Welcome Lachlan 🙏
pay that excellent first post!

For those of us, no more than half a dozen who nailed the second pick........

Don't remember seeing many of the "in" club there, and you would have typically scoffed at us

Eat some Leeds...

Great selection. Will only become more powerful as he puts on size and will probably spend some time in the midfield as his footy matures.

Has some genuine weapons and a bit of X-Factor. Arguably has the greatest potential of all our draftees. Can't wait to see him turn on the afterburners.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back