Review Round 6: Sunday 30/4 vs Casey @ Wonthaggi

Remove this Banner Ad

Melbourne kicked 3 fluke goals they'd miss 9/10 and it's because we're giving them the chances. Our skills have been so, so bad.

CMac winning a heap of ball.
Mackenzie one of the few players that looks good when he gets it.
Meek is a juggernaut but most importantly is taking marks.
Meeks been quite good once the ball hits the deck too.

He definitely has been asked to work on his aerial contests, and so far he’s ticking that box with 5 marks, and at least 3 of them being intercepts in defensive transition.

Overuse and skills killing us. The overuse looks to be a symptom of us not having faith in our forwards.

Half time.

Meek has put in a performance to demand his spot back in the team.

Conor Mc taking the piss at this level.

Cal Brown in everything.

Four Casey forwards would be putting their hand up to play against Freo if they played for the Hawks. Zero actual Hawks forwards have put their hands up. Giving our backs a bath.

Kosi would be struggling to hold his spot for Box Hill if he wasn’t on the AFL list, Jeka got on the end of a CMac kick to the top of the square for his only goal but not done much else. Thorp looks out most dangerous.

Bramble has done a few good things, kicked a nice goal as well.

Butler’s pressure been good sloppy disposal.

Have been a few occasions where we get on a run but end up going one too many handballs and it breaks down.

Mackenzie hasn’t had a heap of it but looks composed when he’s got it.

Stephens and Maguiness barely noticeable.

There were 2 plays late in that quarter that just cost us goals, McDonald being free, not kicking the ball, then causing a handball circle jerk for a turnover and goal to opposition, by starting the hospital handball chain, then we had space on the wing, 1 kick from being 30m out and instead BMac skies a handball again trying to force a handball, then guess what? a turnover....... I love when my football team forces handballs and gives away goals, it isn't idiotic or anything, I love it....... more please

Frustrated at the over handballing, if it happens once more I can't watch any more.

The commentator just said that Connor MacDonald is almost a local to Wonthaggi. He comes from Doveton.

That’s like saying Sunbury is local to Sandringham.

To be fair I grew up at doveton high and now live at wonthaggi. I’ll take it lol

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back