Review Round 4, 2024: Box Hill Hawks v North Melbourne, 20 April 2024, 2.05pm @ BHCO

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ward coming straight back into the senior side, surely.

Give him a block of 6-8 weeks of pure inside midfield time.

Soligo and Ward for their entire careers have been stuck wasting away on a wing. Soligo gets chucked in the middle out of desperation by Nicks and is looking 10x the player now.

What a tough, physical performance from Box Hill.

Max Hall was clear BOG and I would love him on the senior list. Juggernaut game. His tackling technique was phenomenal.

Ward had a complete game. Was tough, used it well and racked it up. Kicked 2.2. His work at stoppage and spread was fantastic.

Phillips took 17 marks and constantly repelled opposition entries. His kicking isn’t great, but he plays within his limitations. Just behind Hall and Ward for BOG.

Butler kicked 3 goals and is a great opportunist, but he goes missing for large periods.

I remember watching players like Larkey, Fritsch and Lewis and thinking they’d be great AFL forwards. I get the same feeling from Dear. He’s a great contested mark, he puts in defensive efforts & he’s good when the ball hits the ground. 4.2 today and 3 ripper contested marks.

BMac was much better with his running this game, kicking a great goal and opening North up.

Ryan has moments that make you take notice, like selling the candy or tapping the ball to advantage instead of taking possession.

Tucker was having a great game before he rolled his ankle and Calsher had to ruck. Hope he’s OK, he seems to excel as the solo ruck.

O’Sullivan is quality rather than quantity. A handful of elite moments. If he can improve his consistency he will debut. 0 tackles a point of contention, but he does chase.

Stephens was probably the only poor performer. Kicked a good goal, but lacks impact and isn't winning a lot of the ball.

Max Hall was clear BOG and I would love him on the senior list. Juggernaut game. His tackling technique was phenomenal.

Ward had a complete game. Was tough, used it well and racked it up. Kicked 2.2. His work at stoppage and spread was fantastic.

Phillips took 17 marks and constantly repelled opposition entries. His kicking isn’t great, but he plays within his limitations. Just behind Hall and Ward for BOG.

Butler kicked 3 goals and is a great opportunist, but he goes missing for large periods.

I remember watching players like Larkey, Fritsch and Lewis and thinking they’d be great AFL forwards. I get the same feeling from Dear. He’s a great contested mark, he puts in defensive efforts & he’s good when the ball hits the ground. 4.2 today and 3 ripper contested marks.

BMac was much better with his running this game, kicking a great goal and opening North up.

Ryan has moments that make you take notice, like selling the candy or tapping the ball to advantage instead of taking possession.

Tucker was having a great game before he rolled his ankle and Calsher had to ruck. Hope he’s OK, he seems to excel as the solo ruck.

O’Sullivan is quality rather than quantity. A handful of elite moments. If he can improve his consistency he will debut. 0 tackles a point of contention, but he does chase.

Stephens was probably the only poor performer. Kicked a good goal, but lacks impact and isn't winning a lot of the ball.

Hope Stephens has something going on outside of footy because I can't see him on a list next year. Been really unlucky with injuries but is just a very bog average footballer.

Butler 1 tackle and O’Sullivan 0 is very disappointing. We desperately need high pressure small forwards who love to tackle. Butler’s next stint at AFL level should be as a high half forward.

Butler 1 tackle and O’Sullivan 0 is very disappointing. We desperately need high pressure small forwards who love to tackle. Butler’s next stint at AFL level should be as a high half forward.

I still think Butler's traits are better suited to a wing or even an inside mid.

If you watched JOS game his pressure is excellent and at no stage did you sit there and say “why didn’t you tackle!!!”

Thanks for the report, much appreciated

Not looking good for Stephens unfortunately

Senior Hawks want to turn up and play tomorrow. Dear, Ward, O’Sullivan, Phillips and Butler all knocking on Sam’s door today.
Butler 3 goals on paper but you certainly couldn’t say he knocked the door down today.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back