Review Round 4, 2024: Box Hill Hawks v North Melbourne, 20 April 2024, 2.05pm @ BHCO

Remove this Banner Ad

I still think Butler's traits are better suited to a wing or even an inside mid.
They’ve got to find another role for him to see what he’s got. Don’t like him getting dropped from AFL level and then playing the same role at VFL level. It’s time to challenge him as he’s behind the eight ball career wise now

Butler is a bit of an enigma to me. I just get the feeling he has more to offer than he has shown to date. Has he been typecast as a small forward because of his brother? Can he play a midfield role? I don’t know but he puzzles me.
Maybe he needs to move clubs as he has a few small forwards ahead of him on what he has shown so far.

Obviously I hope he makes it at the Hawks but he seems to be a bit under-utilised at the moment.

Great day at the footy. Geez VFL footy is a pleasure. Box Hill's small brigade all brilliant today. And Ben Cavarra is ready to go next week!

Only saw half the game, but Ward couldn’t have done much more which was good to see.

Phillips needed a game like that, I can absolutely see him debuting next week against a tall swans forward line. Depends how Serong goes tomorrow I guess.

Of the AFL listed players I thought those two looked obviously above the level. Dear was great too, might debut sooner than anyone expected if he can find some consistency.

We need to be really patient with him .

It's hard because each week he seems to get better and has so many exciting attributes.
But we don't want to burn him early .
I don’t mind the being patient with him, but if he’s ready to go then he’s ready to go. If he was a top 10 pick he would be playing seniors next week.

It’s awesome news to hear that he is playing so well!

Butler is a bit of an enigma to me. I just get the feeling he has more to offer than he has shown to date. Has he been typecast as a small forward because of his brother? Can he play a midfield role? I don’t know but he puzzles me.
Maybe he needs to move clubs as he has a few small forwards ahead of him on what he has shown so far.

Obviously I hope he makes it at the Hawks but he seems to be a bit under-utilised at the moment.
Yep Dermott I agree there is a player in there somewhere we’ve got about 18 or so weeks to challenge him to find it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He was more of a midfielder at U18’s level. I’m not sure why he is not getting midfield minutes at Box Hill.

I find it frustrating when I consistently see 2/3 Box Hill listed players in the middle. We need to give younger players opportunities in this area of the ground.

What a great day for the Hawks. Brilliant to bounce back after last weeks loss. The BHH listed players were exceptional. A number of them should be getting games ahead of our senior midfield!

Was impressed by some of our new talls - including Dear. Some great talent coming through and some excellent experienced heads.

Hoping Tucker/Reeves is right next week, otherwise we’re pretty light on for rucks. Looks like we’ll have Thorpe back, then a bunch available from HFC. Will be great competition for spots next week.

He has all the attributes to play as an outside mid or HHF yet doesn't get the opportunity at either level for whatever reason.

Happy for Ward. You can tell there's a player in there, he just needs some confidence.

The club was clearly unhappy with the start of his season and rightfully dropped him. Luckily whoever made that decision doesn't post on this forum or they would have been banned from the Josh Ward thread like myself.

To be honest, and some on here aren't going to like hearing this but Geelong's talent identification and development programme is superior to ours.

Their game plan a only gets tweaked too. Players identified for the plan and then developed for the plan. Fitness is required though. A lot of running to get numbers

Sounds like a good win over the bottom sides reserves. Hopefully the listed players that played well keep it up over the next few.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back