Review Round 4, 2024: Box Hill Hawks v North Melbourne, 20 April 2024, 2.05pm @ BHCO

Remove this Banner Ad

Good win enjoyed it. Ward was back to his strengths played really well. Dear developing really well but he needs a few preseasons to condition his body remember that he missed half of the normal afl pathway so be patient. Butler still out of position he will never make it under this plan. He needs to play as a defensive wing thats his best spot he’s got great endurance but isn’t a burst player he’s got high cruising speed. JOS needs more games for body continuity but coming along nicely. I don’t see Phillips making it at the top level he looks too slow. He’s got great marking and reading the play but not sure that’s enough to overcome the lack of speed and why he got through 6 drafts.

Good win enjoyed it. Ward was back to his strengths played really well. Dear developing really well but he needs a few preseasons to condition his body remember that he missed half of the normal afl pathway so be patient. Butler still out of position he will never make it under this plan. He needs to play as a defensive wing thats his best spot he’s got great endurance but isn’t a burst player he’s got high cruising speed. JOS needs more games for body continuity but coming along nicely. I don’t see Phillips making it at the top level he looks too slow. He’s got great marking and reading the play but not sure that’s enough to overcome the lack of speed and why he got through 6 drafts.

Enjoyed your appraisal.

I agree Ward played well, with one caveat. He did everything right around the ground, kicking well and making good judgements. However, his centre square work was poor. His opponent directly contributed to too many centre clearances. The best suggestion I can make is to change his tackling technique - pin one arm. I'm almost certain he will be a player for us, probably a high half forward. I'm not as sure about whether he will become a midfielder.

Enjoyed your appraisal.

I agree Ward played well, with one caveat. He did everything right around the ground, kicking well and making good judgements. However, his centre square work was poor. His opponent directly contributed to too many centre clearances. The best suggestion I can make is to change his tackling technique - pin one arm. I'm almost certain he will be a player for us, probably a high half forward. I'm not as sure about whether he will become a midfielder.
Tend to agree just not sure if that’s more development time needed to learn the craft or if he’s just not an inside mid. In which case what is he? I don’t think he and Finn can play high half forward with ginnivan as well we become too slow. With his endurance maybe defensive wing or HB might be the best option. I want him to make it with us just unclear how that works so far but plenty of time.

Hoping Tucker/Reeves is right next week, otherwise we’re pretty light on for rucks. Looks like we’ll have Thorpe back, then a bunch available from HFC. Will be great competition for spots next week.
We need to have a look at Toby Cosser from Myrtelford. A big boy who apparently has been playing well. Jett Latchford has been playing well for Ringwood, but Cosser is physically much bigger in both height and build.

Just heard on the news that Wingard will be playing for Box Hill this week.

According to Boxhill social media via Instagram. Hawks next VFL game is now on Saturday.

Not our next.

That's round 9, 25th May.

Our next game is against the Swans this Sunday, Round 5

To be honest, and some on here aren't going to like hearing this but Geelong's talent identification and development programme is superior to ours.
You mean their strategy of being kissed on the d!ck by father sun/dangerflog/Jeremy cameron? Yes they were entirely responsible for their talent id and development there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You mean their strategy of being kissed on the d!ck by father sun/dangerflog/Jeremy cameron? Yes they were entirely responsible for their talent id and development there.

And generous gifting from gold coast draft pick trading, compared to the vitriol when hawks traded for omeara

Remove this Banner Ad

Back