Past 35. Ed Curnow

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome to Carlton Ed Curnow!!!

a858f38ce9ab91dc6367dd04b91530f8
Nawww still has his L plates on

Good sort out of the Geelong Falcons Footy Factory....what do we know about him shifter?

I like the boy. Lots of upside with this selection. He's elite in almost every aspect of his game. They love the look of his tank. Can run all day through the midfield but has ability to play multiple areas of the ground. I'll be surprised if he doesn't play 200 AFL games. Carlton's got the steal of the draft here

I like the boy. Lots of upside with this selection. He's elite in almost every aspect of his game. They love the look of his tank. Can run all day through the midfield but has ability to play multiple areas of the ground. I'll be surprised if he doesn't play 200 AFL games. Carlton's got the steal of the draft here
And kicked 4 goals as a half forward in his last AFL game.

Thank you ED

:blueheart: Navy Blue through and through :blueheart:

AFTER 14 seasons and 221 games to date, Carlton favourite Ed Curnow has today informed his teammates of his decision to retire at the end of the Club’s 2023 AFL finals campaign.

With an AFL journey exemplified by hard work and determination, Curnow was first recruited to Adelaide via the 2008 rookie draft, before he received a second chance at Carlton, landing at IKON Park as a rookie at the end of 2010.
He made his debut in Round 1, 2011 against Richmond, and from there spent over a decade endearing himself in Navy Blue hearts. In his first year at the Carlton, he received the Best Clubman Award – an accolade he earned a further two times in both 2016 and 2019.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks Mr Ed

Absolute champion of the club. Glad we made finals in his last year and she was able to be a contributor towards that result.

One of my unashamed favourite players in the NAVY BLUE ever. How can you not love someone who got absolutely every ounce of ability out of himself was a great leader on and off the field.

be as highly thought of as any club player I reckon - always welcome back, ed, got every skerrick of talent out of himself and helped drive our fitness levels when they were shithouse - go well, mr curnow.........

What a great clubman and stalwart he has been to our footy club. Like Carrots before him, was mostly underrated and unappreciated by opposition supporters but loved and respected by the Navy Blue Army

Hope we can keep him around the club in some capacity coaching wise.

What a great clubman, gave all to the cause and performed at high level for a long period.

At the captain’s run on the Goldy, he was the 1st one to sign autographs and have pictures taken, very much a gentleman for the fans!!

He is the epitome of ‘fabric of the club’ I will miss him and I’m sure the club will as well!

I was hoping he would play a year as captain of the VFL next year because he is of immense value in standard setting.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back