Past 35. Ed Curnow

Remove this Banner Ad

When I started writing this, I had just got the text message from the club. Thank you for your years of service Ed. You are much loved with the supporter base and deserve all the accolades you have received over the years.

Sit back, relax and watch your little brother tear the league apart next year.

What a great clubman and stalwart he has been to our footy club. Like Carrots before him, was mostly underrated and unappreciated by opposition supporters but loved and respected by the Navy Blue Army

Hope we can keep him around the club in some capacity coaching wise.

I reckon he could be offered a job at the club working with Power as the development coach. He would kill it working with the young mids improving their endurance and stamina.

You know who Ed reminds me of as a player? One D Teague, heart and soul, more brave than sensible, loved by all and with the complete faith of the true believers (us). Ed needs to stay in a fitness position, work along side Russell, learn from him, do some courses at La Trobe. He's still the fittest bloke at the Club, keep him playing in the VFL as Captain as his 'apprenticeship'.
He is the perfect example of a player utilizing his skills to the maximum, all heart no regrets...
Sub in the GF?????
But the 35 could not have been in better hands

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just watched Ed’s retirement speech, understanding that they’re all different but that’s got to be up there with the best I’ve ever seen…
Laughs and a happy tear in the eye…
Friend shared it, but saving it till kids are asleep. Not sure how I'd explain to my 4yo why I'm crying watching a grown man talk.

Ed’s full speech 💙

I’m not crying

You’re crying

Has a voice like a gruff teddy bear.
Love him even more now.

Hope you get to read all these posts Ed.

Carlton Fc Celebration GIF by Carlton Football Club

Friend shared it, but saving it till kids are asleep. Not sure how I'd explain to my 4yo why I'm crying watching a grown man talk.
Good luck with the kids 👍
I’d love to watch the full unedited version, “words are at times are left better unsaid” Bruce Doull…pretty sure 😉

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back