Senior 14. Connor O'Sullivan (2023-)

Remove this Banner Ad

One thing i found out for certain tonight from the GFC...

We rate COS highly, and dont rate Caddy very highly.. And we got a free pick out of the bombers while picking the same player with the next pick.

To be fair i dont think we thought caddy was a spud but osullivan simply fills a much greater list need for us.

Tall : Athletic : Skilful : Versatile: AFL players are rare
You cant trade for them : Only draft and develop
Cats rebuild strategy is prioritizing on KP Spine
Neale : Cameron : Conway : COS : SDK : Foster
Bit by Bit the pieces are being assembled.
I think it would be fair to put Ollie Henry in there rather than Foster.

Ollie's still got a lot of muscle to put on, and will probably grow another couple cm's too.

He'll never be a true number 1 key forward, but it's very plausible that he'll be a second key forward, particularly with his marking game.

SDK - First round pick
COS - First round pick
Conway - Early second round pick
Henry - First round pick
Neale - Second round pick

As you say, we've put a fair bit of investment through the spine now, and all 5 look to have really high ceilings.

Especially Henry, Conway, SDK & now COS, who look to have All Australian quality talent if they're developed correctly and all goes according to plan. We've done really well over the last few years with our youth.

I love Phoenix Foster as a character, seems like a ripper kid and do hope he makes it, but it's not something I'd be betting on.

Will get +150 games out of this guy.... You can bank that one.
200+ is my bet.

Dont be suprised to see him debut in 2024... Aerobically he is ready... If henry gets injured again and they rate him highly enough pre season, they may toss him onto the big stage.

Funny that he was linked to the Dons and us to Caddy and we swapped.

I do like the Set and Forget bit.

THE ‘SET AND FORGET’ DEFENDER WHO COULD JOIN DONS

A top-10 draft prospect who has been strongly linked to Essendon says he has become most comfortable in defence after being used as a ‘Mr Fix It’ throughout much of his junior football.

Connor O’Sullivan shapes as the best key defender in this year’s draft class, standing 198cm and boasting a more mature body than most.

Recruiters believe the Murray Bushrangers product is a “set and forget” prospect who would be a dependable pillar in any AFL backline for many years to come, but he could also be a swingman and feature in the forward line at times if required.

Funny that he was linked to the Dons and us to Caddy and we swapped.

I do like the Set and Forget bit.

THE ‘SET AND FORGET’ DEFENDER WHO COULD JOIN DONS

A top-10 draft prospect who has been strongly linked to Essendon says he has become most comfortable in defence after being used as a ‘Mr Fix It’ throughout much of his junior football.

Connor O’Sullivan shapes as the best key defender in this year’s draft class, standing 198cm and boasting a more mature body than most.

Recruiters believe the Murray Bushrangers product is a “set and forget” prospect who would be a dependable pillar in any AFL backline for many years to come, but he could also be a swingman and feature in the forward line at times if required.
It's entirely possible that at some point (or multiple) in the next 10 years that we have the AA FB, and the AA CHB in the same team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At the time I thought why on earth would we do this re the pick swap. Now seems an excellent move. We wanted a KPD and the Bombers didn’t. Plus we got a pick in the 30s.

So, drop back one place to still get the player we wanted plus a pick in the 30s. Excellent outcome for us.

I really like this pick. Aside from running off on Joel - not sure I approve of that (or maybe I’m just a grumpy old man, )

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

This looks to be great pick.
Having multiple talls on the list that are aerobic athletes and pure ball-players and who can potentially play at either end gives us a lot of flexibility and possibility to innovate tactically.
Plus he looks like he will be a great fit for our club as a country kid who's keen to learn and improve.
Lots to like.

Sounds like we got him cos we lost Sav. Food for thought.

Or we selected him as the best prospect at our pick, and the bonus is we may now have our twin defensive towers for the next decade

Remove this Banner Ad

Back