Official Club Stuff Carlton Academy - Next Gen & Father/Son/Daughter Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Ben moved to HBF second half (off back of square) still involved although slowed a bit. Lucas continues to rack them up playing largely unaccountable wing, but did win out in a couple of genuine one on one contests. Don’t have stats, but surely both boys in twenties. Start of third Lucas quoted as 15 and Ben 14, plenty since.

Edit Just stated Lucas 25.

Both look natural players without looking like superstars. Perfect types to add into the fold and build their craft in a good team. Both haven't stopped running all day long.

The academy players in general look a class below last year, far less stand out types imo. Mckercher, Watson and Wilson this time last year were showing clear traits that made you look on in awe. Lombard for GCS looks a real player.

Neither of the boys are quick, Ben probably a tad quicker. Lucas clearly has a better tank from my viewing and I believe the slightly better IQ

Interesting though, Lucas might have stopped growing, wide hips/ass and forgetting that he is a left footer, does remind me a bit if Newman

Plus side, I think Ben is still growing, might end up being a tall mid/3rd tall type. Still very raw and not a finesse type at this stage

Neither of the boys are quick, Ben probably a tad quicker. Lucas clearly has a better tank from my viewing and I believe the slightly better IQ

Interesting though, Lucas might have stopped growing, wide hips/ass and forgetting that he is a left footer, does remind me a bit if Newman

Plus side, I think Ben is still growing, might end up being a tall mid/3rd tall type. Still very raw and not a finesse type at this stage
Anyone stand out for you?

Which makes sense, given the revelation (at least to me) that they aren't identical twins.

First time posting on your board I think. I know WalshistheGOAT has been super keen to get some vision of the Campo lads.

I thought he played pretty well. Ran his ass off to give an option for a release kick or overlap handball. Kicking was a bit wayward at times.

Brilliant. Thanks for posting. Do you know if there is one of Ben?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

First time posting on your board I think. I know WalshistheGOAT has been super keen to get some vision of the Campo lads.

I thought he played pretty well. Ran his ass off to give an option for a release kick or overlap handball. Kicking was a bit wayward at times.

Love your work, mate. thank you.

Thank you :thumbsu:

Be awesome to reap some reward from these FSs/FDs. Other thank Jack, Macca's girl (name escapes me), we haven't really had any and struck gold. I am fairly certain the Campo boys and Codie Walker will be players for us. If I'm not mistaken, there are big wraps on Sunny Lappin also.
How old is he? Lappin

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

So the Campos had 2nd and 3rd most possessions against a VFL side. Seem underrated against the VIC boys

Lucas looked very composed and a good user
Lucas looked ordinary, turned it over nearly every time from what I got to see (1st qtr & 2p mims of 2nd).

Ben had time and space and used it well. He is clearly the better one.

Lucas looked ordinary, turned it over nearly every time from what I got to see (1st qtr & 2p mims of 2nd).

Ben had time and space and used it well. He is clearly the better one.

Ben plays within himself but is a poor kick overall. Lucas has the ability to hit those damaging kicks but is inconsistent.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back