What would a Dutton Liberal leadership mean for the Liberals and the country?

Remove this Banner Ad

In the most widely followed Federal Court trial in living memory, Justice Lee confirmed that former Liberal staffer Bruce Lehrmann raped his former colleague in the early hours of a Saturday morning in the Parliamentary office of then Liberal Defence Services Minister Linda Reynolds.

One would have thought if he had any shred of decency the Liberal Party and Opposition Leader Peter Dutton's first public comments on the findings would be about the rape victim Brittany Higgins, not his Liberal Party colleague Linda Reynolds - and claiming her to be 'vindicated' which is simply untrue and demanding Higgins issue a full apology to the Liberal Senator.

1713305621577.png

In the most widely followed Federal Court trial in living memory, Justice Lee confirmed that former Liberal staffer Bruce Lehrmann raped his former colleague in the early hours of a Saturday morning in the Parliamentary office of then Liberal Defence Services Minister Linda Reynolds.

One would have thought if he had any shred of decency the Liberal Party and Opposition Leader Peter Dutton's first public comments on the findings would be about the rape victim Brittany Higgins, not his Liberal Party colleague Linda Reynolds - and claiming her to be 'vindicated' which is simply untrue and demanding Higgins issue a full apology to the Liberal Senator.

View attachment 1961811
Was Dutton the Minister in charge of Federal Police at the time?

Was Dutton the Minister in charge of Federal Police at the time?
It was, but now reports to AG, but the LNP politicised them to the point where they seem incapable of doing their job at all without political interference. I wonder how much of that has trickled down from the LNP/Dutton appointees at the top.

I'm not sure what the AFP actually do. Counterfeiting and money laundering barely exist because they all just use Crypto now.

Most of our drug syndicates are run from overseas and our local drug bosses relocate overseas where the AFP seems unable to do anything about them.

They completely stuffed anything to do with the Higgins case.

Illegally raided media organisations and gave favourable media access to raids.

There's so many disastrous stories and so few successes they need a significant overhaul, as do most of the public service after a decade of being abused.

No, report to AG, but the LNP politicised them to the point where they seem incapable of doing their job at all without political interference. I wonder how much of that has trickled down from the LNP appointees at the top.

I'm not sure what the AFP actually do. Counterfeiting and money laundering barely exist because they all just use Crypto now.

Most of our drug syndicates are run from overseas and our local drug bosses relocate overseas where the AFP seems unable to do anything about them.

There's so many disastrous stories and so few successes they need a significant overhaul, as do most of the public service after a decade of being abused.
Thanks, I can understand now why he only commented on Reynolds.

There is no way I will be convinced there wasn't interference/coverup by those in positions to do so.

Thanks, I can understand now why he only commented on Reynolds.

There is no way I will be convinced there wasn't interference/coverup by those in positions to do so.
I had to make an amendment (twice). In 2017, Dutton did bring AFP under his Home Affairs ministry. Most people criticised/ridiculed this as a power grab at the time.

Coincides with them becoming even more politicised, as the LNP Govt always said that the Departments are just there to do what the Minister tells them, regardless of what the law says (see Robodebt, rape cover-ups, raid tip-offs). The AFP under Dutton treated following the law as being at the discretion of the Minister.

Pretty ridiculous for an agency supposed to uphold the law.

well, the uniform is unnecessary to those not steeped in ultra-conservativism. we know only too well his odeology.

I had to make an amendment (twice). In 2017, Dutton did bring AFP under his Home Affairs ministry. Most people criticised/ridiculed this as a power grab at the time.

Coincides with them becoming even more politicised, as the LNP Govt always said that the Departments are just there to do what the Minister tells them, regardless of what the law says (see Robodebt, rape cover-ups, raid tip-offs). The AFP under Dutton treated following the law as being at the discretion of the Minister.

Pretty ridiculous for an agency supposed to uphold the law.
higgins was distraught at the prospect of lurch finding out about the rape allegation (social media post? text?) ...... for higgins at least, lurch's oversight of the AFP was a significant issue

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was, but now reports to AG, but the LNP politicised them to the point where they seem incapable of doing their job at all without political interference. I wonder how much of that has trickled down from the LNP/Dutton appointees at the top.

You forgot about grooming vulnerable under age kids into terrorism…

Wonder how Lurch & the Murdochracy will manage to spin this as bad.

They'll cross their fingers and hope for a few more mass casulty events or some poor f***ers washing up on the coast of WA so they can talk about how it's all the government's fault.

The worst part was that they didn't apologise, they tried to twist it to appear they were doing a good thing by suggesting to an autistic kid that he should commit a terror attack so that when he agreed they could arrest him and get another "terrorist plot foiled" headline.

Instead of going about the actual business of prevention.

If that doesn't tell you that they care more about headlines and arrests than actually protecting Australians, I don't know what will.

Don't forget handing the Bali 9 over to Indonesian authorities knowing they'd face death rather than stopping the smugglers here.

According to Crikey Climate 200 have their eye on Dutton's seat now which he only holds by 1.7%. This could be one of the reasons Spud's famously glass jaw is tensing up a bit at the moment.
Most real liberals (not the nutters in charge) would hope he loses the seat. That news actually makes his behaviour even dumber, bleeding votes to the centre and he keeps making stupid comments and drifting right chasing votes he already gets on preferences. ..

On SM-A125F using BigFooty.com mobile app

According to Crikey Climate 200 have their eye on Dutton's seat now which he only holds by 1.7%. This could be one of the reasons Spud's famously glass jaw is tensing up a bit at the moment.
im less optimistic given the infamous bob brown caravan stunt during the 2019 election campaign - hopeful, but less optimistic ..... lurchs electorate is on the outskirts of north brisbane and im guessing there will be some similarity with the prevailing values/issues/prejudices in neighbouring rural electorates

Last edited:
im less optimistic given the infamous bob brown caravan stunt during the 2019 election campaign - hopeful, but less optimistic ..... lurchs electorate is on the outskirts of north brisbane and im guessing there will be some similarity with the prevailing values/issues/prejudices in neighbouring rural electorates
Climate 200 does have the resources that Bob Brown didn't.

View attachment 1961811

Speaking of Linda Reynolds, is anyone remotely surprised at this?

Speaking of Linda Reynolds, is anyone remotely surprised at this?

Let’s wait and see where Reynolds ends up when she leaves the Senate.

Just a hunch but I reckon the odds of her ending up in a lucrative job as an adviser/lobbyist to a prime defence contractor would be very skinny.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back