Toast The Official Bailey Banfield Appreciation Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Nah. Never in doubt!

More annoying was preseason all talk about b22 and his name not even mentioned, like he didn't exist.

People saying he didn't deserve a spot on the list even

Guess I had that irrational support for banners

I know how quick sentiment can change though for him..even after one bad game.

Against Weagles he wasn't even bad outside of the missed shots but was scapegoate
Well on 2023 form he definitely wasn't b22. The stars aligned for him to be in the team round one due to injuries and what not. He's said as much himself.

Credit to him he's performed his role really well and should be in everyone's b22 based on his start to the season.

Nah. Never in doubt!

More annoying was preseason all talk about b22 and his name not even mentioned, like he didn't exist.

People saying he didn't deserve a spot on the list even

Guess I had that irrational support for banners

I know how quick sentiment can change though for him..even after one bad game.

Against Weagles he wasn't even bad outside of the missed shots but was scapegoated
Scapegoating isnt scientific...its based on prejudice.
That is a prejudgement.
Human beings are prone to it.
fer instance...
Geelong decided Jordie Clarke would never amount to much...
Essendon had Pat Voss in their VFL team for two years...
Every team recruiter passed over Matthew Pavlich the year before we drafted him...

Scapegoating isnt scientific...its based on prejudice.
That is a prejudgement.
Human beings are prone to it.
fer instance...
Geelong decided Jordie Clarke would never amount to much...
Essendon had Pat Voss in their VFL team for two years...
Every team recruiter passed over Matthew Pavlich the year before we drafted him...
WCEs wanted to get rid of Yeo

Well on 2023 form he definitely wasn't b22. The stars aligned for him to be in the team round one due to injuries and what not. He's said as much himself.

Credit to him he's performed his role really well and should be in everyone's b22 based on his start to the season.
Yeah but he wasnt just not B22, He was scapegoated, an object of hate, great, now hes B22...
Ugly stuff does happen here.
I love all the guys who wanna play, even if theyre not B22.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sheeet !
I thought we were done with that tick turd ?!
Johnson as well I believe?
Johnson is definitely a McDougall client as depicted in Show me the money. McDougall is still at CSA, while Young has started his own Melbourne based agency but will do some contracting to CSA. I gather this is because he probably isn't allowed to directly poach all CSA''s clients for his new venture.

CSA's list of represented players is out of date with players in previous colours and also Sam Taylor who is definitely not represented by them anymore. However based on that, MJ, Chappie, Banners, Walters, Tabs and Conrad Williams are CSA clients.

Last edited:
Sheeet !
I thought we were done with that tick turd ?!
Johnson as well I believe?
Last year with all the talk of Henry leaving and Young pulling the levers behind scenes, it was discussed what other players were still under young. Banners name was mentioned, but it was scoffed at that even so, there was no concern even if he did want to leave.

Are we set to lose another winger? Lol

Jk..I'm pretty sure banners unless push came to shove and he was really low balled to what he thinks he was worth, he is likely not to leave. Seems to have good bond with JL

But..nothing is certain

I hope Bailey Banfield is fielding offers of huge money elsewhere as a free agent. He's a nice guy and I want him to succeed in life. He's made it to 82 games the hard way and worked his arse off to be as useful as he can to extend his career.

I hope he lands a four year contract for $600,000 a year.

I also hope he plays all remaining games and two finals this year to get to his 100.

I hope Bailey Banfield is fielding offers of huge money elsewhere as a free agent. He's a nice guy and I want him to succeed in life. He's made it to 82 games the hard way and worked his arse off to be as useful as he can to extend his career.

I also hope he plays all remaining games and two finals this year to get to his 100.
Nooooo!!! Banners not leaving lol Although, I wouldn't begrudge him if he left, especially if they were offering a longer contact more and more money. He has bled purple all these years but alot of supporters still sh*t on him.

I would think probably out of the regular b22 ATM he be on less coin

They can have my buddy when they pry him from my cold dead hands!

Bailey bleeds purple. He loves the club and wants to be a one club player. We will look after him.

He is a very levelled headed man and would not be influenced by any snake oil salesman manager.
I wouldnt bet on us looking after him. Great form and all but he's not going to get into that "core player" bracket and we know how we value wings...

He'll likely get much better offers elsewhere and have a decision to make, I wouldnt begrudge him taking a deal

Bailey bleeds purple. He loves the club and wants to be a one club player. We will look after him.

He is a very levelled headed man and would not be influenced by any snake oil salesman manager.
Yep. But being a professional footballer is his job. He does need to look after number 1 at the end of the day. These days, whether football or any company they are all to ready to shaft you lol loyalty means nothing

I wouldnt bet on us looking after him. Great form and all but he's not going to get into that "core player" bracket and we know how we value wings...

He'll likely get much better offers elsewhere and have a decision to make, I wouldnt begrudge him taking a deal
SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP

Remove this Banner Ad

Back